Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's saying it's unfaithful just that the design doesn't make any sense. Star Wars ship design ftw

I was actually thinking of BSG when I wrote it, but yeah Star Wars craft make alot of sense too.

Also a fan of Firefly- the big ships in that (ones permanently in space) are more like buildings; having no use for aerodynamics and such that govern water based ships (which BSG and SW follow)

I was actually thinking of BSG when I wrote it, but yeah Star Wars craft make alot of sense too.

Also a fan of Firefly- the big ships in that (ones permanently in space) are more like buildings; having no use for aerodynamics and such that govern water based ships (which BSG and SW follow)

I need to watch Firefly and BSG ^^

SW ships are amazing I was gonna post some pics (not that people don't know them :P), but they'd end deleted anyway.

Well the design of Federation ships are that way for a reason, or at least the naccels are. They have to be a certain distance apart to create a warp field (yes im a trek nerd), as for the original designs. They wanted it to be a cross between a flying saucer and rocket ships.

They just made that up :P The last part is the true reason eheh

I was thinking about BSG ship design recently (only seen s1) - if someone smart were to design massive spaceships today, they wouldn't locate vital ship parts near the exterior - for example; water supply and sleeping quarters. I The most essential parts to a ship would surely be designed to be as close to the centre, thus as far away from enemy-blastable areas as possible?

2012 teaser trailer.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=1275&item=0

If you like Roland Emerich and giant CGI waves then this is for you.

That is one of the funniest trailers I have ever seen.

"How would the worlds governments prepare us for the end of the world?

THEY WOULDN'T!"

All it needed was some eastenders music and it would of been perfect.

I am perfectly happy with the Trek universe as it is and it worries me that that one could disappear for this new one.

If I was a guy I'm pretty sure I'd fancy the pants off Janeway. Don't think I meant to write that but it just happened.

As for new star trek I shall be watching and can't wait to see simon pegg as scotty :heart:

I'm also looking forward to the new Star Trek movie. I'm very interested in seeing what they did with the Romulans. They were always clouded in mystery and so we'll probably learn something about their past.

Well the design of Federation ships are that way for a reason, or at least the naccels are. They have to be a certain distance apart to create a warp field (yes im a trek nerd)

To contribute to the nerdiness. I think I read that you only need one warp nacelle to generate a warp field. But to obtain a higher stability and therefore be able to reach higher speeds, Federation ships are build with two nacelles.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Twilight" is not going down well with critics with only a 44% rating. I'm still seeing it mind, it looks rather fun. Sort of vampires for the O.C generation.

Disneys new animated film "Bolt" (Their third CGI picture thats not Pixar related) is doing extremely well with a 86% rating. I'm actually rather hyped for it now, the hamster looks beyond cute.

Ludlum 'Bourne' again at Universal Studio nabs exclusive rights to Bourne novels

Quote: Universal Pictures has made an overall deal with the estate of "The Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum that gives the studio exclusive rights to the Jason Bourne character and first look at other Ludlum novels.

The deal with Ludlum Entertainment paves the way for more installments in the Bourne saga, which was originally envisioned as a three-picture series but has become Universal's answer to James Bond.

After the first three films grossed a total of more than $1 billion worldwide, U signed Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass for a fourth film that George Nolfi is penning. Produced by Frank Marshall and Ludlum Entertainment chairman-CEO Jeffrey Weiner, the film will be readied for a summer 2010 release.

Weiner will take offices on the Universal lot as part of the deal and hire development executives as the company takes an active hand in developing projects, including some not based on books by Ludlum. Weiner was the author's accountant for 16 years before being tapped by Ludlum to be estate executor and to run the holding company that produces his movies and publishes his books and videogames.

"Universal has done such an excellent job with the first three films that they deserve the opportunity to keep Jason Bourne at the studio forever," Weiner told Daily Variety.More than one option(Co) Daily Variety

Things like Twilight just really annoy me.

I'd prefer vampire stories were just done well, rather than try to incorporate the concept into a package for the typcial bored/idiotic/uninterested teen.

What annoys me most is the fact that I read a quote from the author were she said she has never read a book about vampires and dosen´t intend to.

Which is just your run of the mill nerd rage on my behalf

THIS MAKES ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD!! :angry: :angry:

Aceventurajrtp.jpg

Plot Summary:

Allrighty-then. After his African adventure in "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls," Ace returned to Florida, married girlfriend Melissa (Ann Cusack) and became the doting father of a baby boy. Never one to sit still, Ace's curious nature took him on another remote case. The goofball gumshoe was never to be seen or heard from again.

Single mom Melissa couldn't fully put the past behind her. Now a zookeeper, she and Ace Jr. (Flitter) have made a life carrying on without her husband. Much to Melissa's chagrin, however, 12-year-old Ace Jr. has begun to follow in his father's comic footsteps. He has recently become a pet detective for the 7th grade set, often trying to recover classmates' missing pets, and always with big mishaps.

But when a master animal thief abducts a baby panda and his mom is wrongly arrested of the crime, Ace Jr. must jump into action. Now, with the help of pals Laura and tech wizard A-Plus, young Ace must bring the thief to justice and do his inane and lovable dad's memory justice

No Jim Carrey this is an outrage :angry: :angry:

EDIT: Here is the kid playing Ace Jr.

acejr3dk6.jpg

Worst movie ever I belive so.

...What the fuck is that?! Everything about that has the makings of a shite movie. Plus... What the fuck is that... thing playing Ace Jr?!

My thoughts exactly!

Have they not learnt from the son of the mask and Dumb and dumberer (which was ok in my book but nowhere near as good as the original)

What next the son of the cable guy?!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!