N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted it before the thread was created. Just sort of forgot about it till Daniel posted it...

Though saying that, his link shows who the producer is now which wasn't known at the time, or any of the actors.

Stephen Chow has been named as the producer of the live action adaptation of the Japanese comic Dragonball.

Chow's previous movies have included Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle.

War of the Worlds actor Justin Chatwin will play the hero of the film, Goku, while James Marsters will take on the bad guy role of Piccolo.

The story will revolve around Goku's attempts to protect earth from malicious forces and gain control of the dragonballs.

The movie will begin shooting later this year, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Dragonball is due to appear in cinemas in August 2008

Onoz it's Piccolo:

200px-James_Marsters_DragonCon_2007-1.jpg

fear not Goku is here!

invisible_20.jpg

Least it's well known-ish actors...

Shrek 4 coming in 2010 in full 3D

Dreamworks, after Kung Fu Panda in may 2008 will only be releasing it's animated movies in 3D.

Not the crappy paper glasses 3D though, proper glasses that don't give you headaches and with brand new digital 3D projectors in IMAX screens and normal cinema's.

Shrek 4 coming in 2010 in full 3D

Dreamworks, after Kung Fu Panda in may 2008 will only be releasing it's animated movies in 3D.

Not the crappy paper glasses 3D though, proper glasses that don't give you headaches and with brand new digital 3D projectors in IMAX screens and normal cinema's.

What happens if not all cinemas get a 3d screen? you sure there won't be a regular version as well? I mean, what happens when the films arrive to dvd?

There will be 2D versions as well, just like Beowulf.

Umm, I didn't say anything about Beowulf, thats not a Dreamworks Animation movie.

I'm just saying what Dreamworks have said, though obviously it will be on a normal DVD when released I would have thought.

So far, it's only in America. They are updating cinema's all over the country and by 2009 when the first fully 3D movie will be released by Dreamworks, their will be 3D capable screens in almost every cinema in America.

It was on the BBC news a few nights ago with the head of dreamworks animation talking about it, and how succesful the movies that have been adapted for 3D have been, like diseny's Chicken Little and their own Shrek the Third.

DreamWorks Animation SKG announced its intention to produce all of its films in stereoscopic 3D technology only starting in 2009. To best take advantage of the technology, the company will now be creating films utilizing stereoscopic 3D from the beginning of its creative process.

The next Star Trek movie can be better than it will be...

Neither J.J. [Abrams] nor Damon [Lindelof] are writers on the movie, but they are writers, and WGA members. During a WGA strike, you're not allowed to write on movies or television shows, period. So they can't change a word of the script, nor can anyone else. The script they had at 11:59 p.m. November 5th is the script they have to shoot. To a screenwriter, that might seem kind of awesome. For once, the director can't change things. But when its your own movie, it's maddening. J.J. was describing a scene he was shooting the day before. Midway through it, he got a great idea for a new line. Which he couldn't write. Couldn't shoot. Couldn't be in his movie.

Now, is it me or is that totally retarded?

"Warner Bros. are expected to announce the cast for it's upcoming Justice League of America motion picture. According to leaked reports, Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, Speed Racer) has been cast as Superman and Adam Brody (The OC) as The Flash."

Can't wait to here the rest of the cast, could be awesome if those two are anything to go by.