N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres the trailer, looks great :)

hen billionaire industrialist Tony Stark dons his sophisticated steel mesh armor of his own design, he becomes a living high-tech weapon, the world's greatest human fighting machine : THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN.

2D frame by frame Animation, fast paced action, enormous fun, THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN is a non commercial fan film inspired by the famous Marvel Comic character and directed by David Guivant with practically no Budget.

A must-see for all Marvel Comics' die hard Fans !!

(Special appearance by Excelsior)

IRON MAN CAST & CREW

Anthony Stark.........................Paul Lasserre

Virginia Potts..........................Tiphaine Bousquet

Harold Hogan.........................Olivier Houdan

Natasha Romanoff..................Rosanne Ringenbach

Nicholas Fury.........................Fabrice Wenger

Carol Danvers........................Emilie Denis

Gene Khan.............................Jean Pierre Perreira

Janet Van Dyne......................Laetitia Wenger

Excelsior............................... .Stan Lee

Director................................ ..David Guivant

Producer................................ .David Guivant

Storyboard Artist....................David Guivant

Script.................................. ....David Guivant

Special Effects.........................David Guivant

Pupeteer................................ .Jean-Claude Liou

Pupeteer................................ .Amandine Pillaut

Pupeteer................................ .Julien Leconte

Director's Assistant.................Julien Leconte

Director's Assistant.................Stephane Rigal

Drapesmaster.........................Mar ie-Therese Chung

Drapesmaster.........................Jer emy Chung

Music................................... ..Immediate Music

Uwe Boll Won’t Ever Be Entering The World Of Warcraft:

Whatever else negative you can say about Uwe Boll, one thing you can’t criticize him on is his strong love for video games. I mean, there may be over 200,000 signatures on an online petition asking that he stop making movies, but he clearly loves the gamer market, and at least goes into each project hoping to make good films for that fanboy community.

Right? Right?!?

“You go for it, to please the game fans, but on the other hand if you have the hard core gamers, they live in their own world. And you cannot fulfill their ideas from a video game based movie, it’s impossible,” Boll recently told MTV News. “And to be honest, the real gamers are the typical download guys, right? They don’t pay anything for movies, because they illegally download the movies. So why I should please these guys? I need the normal audience.”

That’s the Uwe Boll I know and love – the Uwe Boll who’ll criticize even his most ardent followers. God bless you, sir.

But if you’re not going to make a faithful adaptation, why make an adaptation at all? Apparently, the folks over at Blizzard wonder the same thing, since they practically laughed Boll out of their offices when he approached them about making a World of Warcraft adaptation, the director confessed.

“I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard, and he said, ‘We will not sell the movie rights, not to you…especially not to you,’” Boll revealed. “Because it’s such a big online game success, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongoing income, what the company has with it.”

Festival De Cannes Line Up Announced

And Oxigen Waste will be excited about this one... Synecdoche, New York the directorial debut of Charlie Kaufman will not only be premiering at Cannes but is also in the running for the Palm D'or.

The complete list of films in competition is as follows:

FILMS IN COMPETITION:

• Three Monkeys (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey / France / Italy)

• Le Silence De Lorna (Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne, France / Belgium)

• A Christmas Story (Arnaud Desplechin, France)

• Changeling (Clint Eastwood, USA)

• Adoration (Atom Egoyan, Canada)

• Waltz With Bashir (Ari Folman, Israel)

• La Frontiere De L'Aube (Philippe Garrel, France)

• Gomorra (Matteo Garrone, Italy)

• Synecdoche, New York (Charlie Kaufman, USA / France)

• My Magic (Eric Khoo, Singapore)

• La Mujer Sin Cabeza (Lucretia Martel, Argentina / Spain)

• Serbis (Brillante Mendoza, Philippines)

• Delta (Kornel Mondruczo, Hungary / Germany)

• Linha De Passe (Walter Salles, Brazil)

• Il Divo (Paolo Sorrentino, Italy)

• Leonera (Pablo Trapero, Argentina / South Korea)

• The Palermo Shooting (Wim Wenders, Germany)

• 24 City (Jia Zhangke, China)

• Che (Steven Soderbergh, USA / Spain / France)

Pretty obvious but anyways...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/869/869860p1.html

First Hobbit Casting

McKellen, Serkis expected to return.

In an interview with The One Ring, del Toro said that "in the last few weeks I've been chatting with a ton of people via email, phone, and in person from the previous films. People like Andy Serkis, Sir Ian McKellen, Howard Shore, John Howe, Gino Acevedo, Richard Taylor next week I'm meeting Alan Lee. I'm doing this to ensure that whatever we do we keep continuity with the other films."

He added, "I had the most charming meeting with Sir Ian, and all bureaucracy pending, he's on board, as is Andy Serkis. We will continue giving you progress reports as they occur. It is our intention that we will not lose any of the key elements."

Del Toro adds that pre-production on The Hobbit will begin this summer and that he will have to move to New Zealand for four years to make the movies.

Also, new Dark Knight posters...

the-dark-knight-20080428083006072.jpg

201949id1_a_1209126319.jpg

Tetsuo Shima

That's fantastic news! Anyone who's seen mysterious skin knows he was born to play that part! This may b shaping up better than I thought! : peace:

the-dark-knight-20080428083006072.jpg

201949id1_a_1209126319.jpg

Seriously, why does Nolan allow these kinds of dumb posters? Jesus!

I mean, look at Batman Begins!! Now, those were great! What's up with this shit? :wtf:

um, they're a bit shit?

Tetsuo Shima

(although I'm getting this info from Wikipedia because im doing some research)

you know what, that's actually pretty fucking good casting right there. The more I think about it, I think he has a good line in resentful emotion and a capacity for violence kinda thing. Tetsuo is a complete fuck up though, he needs to be able to really get that instability and fear down

um, they're a bit shit?

you know what, that's actually pretty fucking good casting right there. The more I think about it, I think he has a good line in resentful emotion and a capacity for violence kinda thing. Tetsuo is a complete fuck up though, he needs to be able to really get that instability and fear down

Watch Manic and Mysterious Skin. He can do instablity, fear and fucked up. And The Lookout a little bit too.

to be honest, I've only seen Brick. He's awesome in that though. Super Awesome.

Indeed. But as I said, you should check out Manic and Mysterious Skin. He's all levels of fucked up!

(although a forewarning, Mysterious Skin is about how he and another boy were raped as a child by their coach, just in case you're sensitive to that stuff. Great film though. And slightly better book.)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!