Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handbags down ladies, it's just a photo.

I love Gordon-Levitt, I think he's a great actor and I'd be really interested to see whether he can capture the creepy craziness that the riddler has. I think he could be fantastic. I'm also really interested in seeing what Nolan makes the riddler look like after the joker in Dark Knight. Hopefully very dark...

Handbags down ladies, it's just a photo.

I love Gordon-Levitt, I think he's a great actor and I'd be really interested to see whether he can capture the creepy craziness that the riddler has. I think he could be fantastic. I'm also really interested in seeing what Nolan makes the riddler look like after the joker in Dark Knight. Hopefully very dark...

Just so long as he isn't emblazoned with question marks!

Oh.

Ugh.

I didn't want the Riddler to be in it at all.

Me neither really... I can't quite see how it's the right sort of villian for the out of control state Gotham's in.

What would his motivation be at this point.

Maybe if he was master minding some massive gang-war (bringing in Black Mask etc)... but that's not him.

He could be playing games to get Batman out of hiding, but again, why?

Still, this is only a rumour.

It's likely Gordon Levitt will play a major role in this film given Nolans a massive fan, but we don't know it will be The Riddler (or that The Riddler will even be in the film).

Yeah Riddler is in no way confirmed, but he's the one the media has latched onto to mention.

He's just innapropriate IMO. Maybe they'll reinvent him so it works, but eh. Even the Riddler from The Batman cartoon who was made "dark" still just used glorified puzzles.

Riddler,The_batman.jpg

They should just have eco-terrorist Poison Ivy with Mob-boss Black Mask and insane Catwoman, and deal with the consequences.

And have Robin, but do it like in the Incredibles, where he's just like "No. Realistically I'm not going to allow a child to risk his life.". Then Robin is killed by Black Mask / used and abused by Poison Ivy, and everyone's like "Batman's an irresponsible dick".

Isn't there a version of The Riddler where he's some kind of rain man esque super detective? Could see that working with the police clueless as to Batman's whereabouts so they bring him in and get caught up in some elaborate battle of wits between Riddler and Batman (commonly called the world's greatest detective)

but yes: do not want a question marked mob criminal taunting Batman with cryptic post its left on the fridge or whatever.

As for Robin- he could work, but only if he was about 19. Rather than 12. And shit.

As much as I actually like Robin sometimes I dont think he'd work. Even if we forget for a minute that this Batman universe is a bit too realistic for a kid sidekick I think that Bruce Wayne/Batman in these movies just isnt dark enough yet that he would consider bringing anyone else into the fight with him, especially someone young.

Yeah, I like Robin in the comics, but he will not work in the movies. I mean even the absurd 90's movies had an adult one cause they knew they could only push the boundaries of insanity so far.

And Poison Ivy wouldn't really work either.

They could have Bane. He stuns us all.

I wonder if he will use a female nemesis as one of the characters, having only had male characters so far.

Though the good thing about Nolan is, you feel he'll only use characters that the story requires.

Not like many films that seem to feel they have to be all P.C. and equality these days.

Not sure if it's been posted but apparently/it's heavily thought that...

Untitledfirs%20clas.jpg

Rosamund Pike will play Emma Frost in X-Men First Class. It's not confirmed but evidence/photos etc.

She has the look sortof. Maybe more of a bitchy scowl.

Transformers 3 News

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/109/1096422p1.html

Transformers 3 Is The End

Spoiler Alert! Bay talks Optimus Prime's final chapter and TF3's big bad.

Whatever Paramount decides to do with their cash cow Transformers franchise, one thing is for sure: Michael Bay's third film will be an end to the story he set out to tell.

"This one really builds to a final crescendo," Bay told USA Today. "It's not three multiple endings... As a trilogy, it really ends. [The franchise] could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

The director also revealed who the villain is. Ready? It's Shockwave, the one-eyed overseer of Cybertron whose toy turned into a wicked purple laser canon thing.

As for the plot? "The new film features Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) taking his first tenuous steps into adulthood while remaining a reluctant human ally of Optimus Prime." (It's better than saving the world with a gym sock full of Matrix glitter while racist robots look on...)

Through this story, a mystery of sorts emerges, as TF3 centers around the "space race between Russia and the U.S.", while implying that the Transformers played a hidden role in mankind's first exploration of the galaxy. Does that mean that we might get to see Astrotrain in live-action form?

USA Today is quick to point out that in the last two films, Optimus, Megatron and Sam have all died and pulled a Lazarus act. But producer di Bonaventura assures audiences that dead is dead this time around.

And fanboys, try not to faint - but yes, despite initial reluctance on Bay's part, Transformers 3D is happening.

Optimus Prime and his fellow Autobots will roll out in 3D July 1, 2011.

tfspotlight_shockwave_1a.jpg

Michael Bay's third film will be an end to the story he set out to tell.
*cough* bullshit *cough*

No way did he have a trilogy set out in his mind, the second was as made up off the back of the firsts success as films come.

All I ask is that he takes '3' out of the title, so we can all pretend 2 never happened!... and lets see what the threequel brings!

Before the Alien prequel and its sequel hit theatres, we bring you some cool plot points from the man who first told us that, in space, no one can hear you scream: Ridley Scott.

At The Los Angeles Times' recent Hero Complex Film Series, Scott was on hand for a Q & A after screening 1979's Alien. The director teased some cool details regarding the story of the Space Jockey.

The first prequel will focus on the Space Jockey and how it and its ship came into contact with the aliens. The second prequel will "go to where [the Space Jockey] came from", according to Scott.

As for who, or what, the Space Jockey is? Scott says: "I think beneath that carcass...it's not a carcass, it's a suit. Inside the suit is a being." The Space Jockey is that very large man fossil that Dallas' away team found in some sort of chair thing in Alien, seemingly a victim of the alien chestburster.

space-jockey-alien-4_1276542699.jpg

- Fox Home Entertainment

Dallas gets some face time with Ye Ol' Space Jockey.

The time frame of the prequel takes place way before that of Alien, and Scott will be exploring Zeta 2 Reticuli, the same system from Alien - an area of space that will play a key role in this chapter of the franchise.

The first script for the Alien prequel is written and Scott is in early pre-production on the film, which will be shot in 3D. The script status of the prequel's sequel was not confirmed at the Q & A as being complete, contrary to other reports.

So how will Scott take the Alien back to its scarier, less AVP roots? Easy: Keep it truthful.

"...I think the closer it is to the truth, the closer it is to the technological feasibility, then it becomes that much more interesting," Scott said. "And if it's a film like the one I'm going to do, then it becomes that much more frightening." (*Drops the mic*)

Ridley Scott's first reunion tour with the alien hopes to hit theatres in 2011.

Source - IGN

Green Hornet

12254L.jpg

Transformers 3

12251L.jpg

12252L.jpg

THUNDERCATS

12255L.jpg

12253L.jpg

THOR & Captain America

12244L.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Edited by Murr
Automerged Doublepost

Looks like it.

I know that everybody wants an Incredibles sequel, but we haven’t made one for a couple of reasons. I know Brad [bird] has an idea, but nobody wants to do that until we feel like the idea is ready to go.

So maybe a few years down the line then...

With The Karate Kid reboot grossing more than $50m at the U.S. box office over the weekend, talk is already turning to the potential for a sequel.

Speaking to MTV News, director Harald Zwart said that the team behind the movie have already kicked around some ideas.

"Every now and then we discussed it" he said. "But the truth is, when you see Jackie [Chan] and Jaden [smith], they're like a really good film couple. On and off camera, I was watching how they were pulling practical jokes on each other and throwing rocks in the lake, and you just want to keep looking at them because they have a great dynamic and great humor. We have just been playing with a few different ideas, but we haven't landed on anything at the moment."

However, it seems that a sequel would be unlikely to follow the template of the original Karate Kid Part II, with Zwart stating "I personally think it's now so much on its own two feet, given the success, that it would be interesting to see where we could take it without ever thinking about the old ones."

Source - IGN.com

How did this film make $50m over the weekend? it looks terrible!

goonies 2 news

While doing the press rounds for his new film Jonah Hex, Josh Brolin has been discussing The Goonies 2, and it seems that the news is both good and bad for fans of the 1985 fantasy flick.

Brolin - who played Brandon Walsh in the film - told Extra that that there is definitely a script, but no plans to actually shoot it.

"Doing a sequel is something that keeps coming up and keeps coming up" he explained. "I saw [producer] Steven Spielberg on the street about a month-and-a-half ago, and I asked him the reality because I was told by many, many people that there was a script but that didn't work and [director] Richard Donner but that didn't work and Steven was going to come in and do it.

"And I hear that there is a script, yes, but there's no talk of doing a Goonies sequel at this very moment. And that's the first time I've been truthful about that answer ever!"

So sounds like we're no nearer to seeing the further adventures Mouth, Data, Chunk and co, but as ever, we'll have further news on this one as and when it breaks.

source - ign.com

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!