NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Is Arnold a main part of The Expendables? Shouldn't he be running his state?

No he won't have a major role, as far as I know it's billed as a stallone/Li/Statham flick, with the other Generic Bad Guys being generic baddies, and Bruce and Arnold having somewhat cameolithic roles. I don't know if that's a word. I imagine Steve Austin and Couture will be annoying unacting pieces of crap, but I don't care. EXPLOSIONS!

If we could some how get rid of everyone in that film, and everything it encapsulates, I would be much happier :heh:

(well, everyone but the dude who plays Angel in Dexter, I forget the actor's name)

No he won't have a major role, as far as I know it's billed as a stallone/Li/Statham flick, with the other Generic Bad Guys being generic baddies, and Bruce and Arnold having somewhat cameolithic roles. I don't know if that's a word. I imagine Steve Austin and Couture will be annoying unacting pieces of crap, but I don't care. EXPLOSIONS!

I'm so looking forward to this. It's going to be hilarious to watch. I look forward to being able to quote lines from this with ViPeR/Joe on MSN in five years time, when this is shown every week on ITV2. This will be the next True Lies.

If we could some how get rid of everyone in that film, and everything it encapsulates, I would be much happier :heh:

Well, I wish we could somehow get rid of everyone in your post. Oh wait, oh wait...that's just you. Get owttttt.

Superman / Batman 3

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1067850p1.html

Nolan to Reboot Superman?

Dark Knight director to "mentor" new Man of Steel movies.

UK, February 9, 2010 - Warner Brothers has turned to Christopher Nolan - the director of The Dark Knight and Batman Begins - to help bring Superman back to the big screen.

Deadline Hollywood is reporting that the British helmer has been asked to play a "godfather" role in rebooting the ailing DC Comics film franchise. His precise involvement isn't specified, but it seems he will NOT be on directing duties, instead providing leadership, guiding the script, making decisions on directors and so on.

Remember, Warners only have until 2013 before the rights to Superman revert to the estates of creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

In the past couple of years there have been all manner of rumours surrounding the future of the Superman series: Bryan Singer making a sequel to Superman Returns, the character appearing in a Justice League movie and Mark Millar or the the Wachowski brothers doing a reboot have all been mooted.

Nolan is obviously a star at Warner Brothers after making them billions of dollars - and winning critical praise - for his Batman films. The studio is obviously hoping he can bring the same magic touch to the Man of Steel.

The director will apparently be helping on Superman whilst also prepping Batman 3. Fresh from suggesting that David Goyer has left FlashForward to work on the sequel the other day,

[batman 3 news]

the story also reports that Nolan has found a "good idea" for the Caped Crusader's next adventure and that his brother, Jonah Nolan, and Goyer are working on script right now.

Stay tuned to IGN for further developments on this potentially huge story. In the meantime, let's have your thoughts on what Nolan could do with the Superman

Captain America casting very soon:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1067314p1.html

Johnston also said they're currently testing five or six actors for the title role, ranging in age from 23 to 32. He said they want to go a little older than the average age of American G.I.s in World War II, who were generally in their late teens. The helmer expects to cast Cap before he leaves for England on March 1 to start pre-production. Captain America begins filming in London in late June.

And in an interview with HitFix, Johnston confirmed that the story will have present-day bookends and that the villain is Red Skull. That role hasn't been cast yet.

Murray on Ghostbusters 3

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1067336p1.html

Speaking to The Mail on Sunday, Murray explains "I said to them 'I'll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.' So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film."

I haven't seen sherlock homes but all my trusted friends says it's awesome and have seen it a few times.

The internet seems to hate it though. I'm not sure who to believe even though some of your guys actually gave avatar mixed reviews ha.

oops i meant to actually put this in the rate your film thread

Edited by mcj metroid

I haven't seen sherlock homes but all my trusted friends says it's awesome and have seen it a few times.

The internet seems to hate it though. I'm not sure who to believe even though some of your guys actually gave avatar mixed reviews ha.

Avatar is a mixed bag, you can't blame people for giving it average reviews.

Anyway, Sherlock Holmes? A good bit of wholesome fun. Probably will never watch it again, it's exactly what you'd expect it to be. I'm not disappointed nor am I surprised. It's fun, but forgettable.

Avatar is a concept that sucked big-time in multiple kids films, just this time infused with CGI.

Sherlock Holmes is pretty good, although the mystery is just a tad obvious.

Avatar isn't the best film ever but it will stay with me for a while, unlike Sherlock Holmes which was incredibly average and instantly forgettable.

I actually really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes. Don't go in there expecting anything of the real Holmes (as in from the books) but if you want a nice mystery and good bit of fun, along with some great work by Downey Jr, then you'll enjoy it. I was very pleasantly surprised.

And Avatar - yes the story wasn't amazing, but I loved the visuals. The 3D really made the film a beautiful experience, and as I didn't know what to expect from it, I really had a great time. I think people just like to be negative about things sometimes when it goes against the grain. Everyone seems to love the film, it is the biggest grossing ever, so people decide they didn't really like it, just to be different.

I know this may be a bit of old news, but it just simply amazed me when I first heard of it...

The film 'Colin' was made for just £45 was put in cinemas by Kaleidascope Entertainment.

Here is the trailer...

I will get it when it eventually comes out on DVD as it looks quite good.

Don't know how many people have heard but Totoro is in Toy Story 3:

19173_315954106492_536116492_3893399_3264764_n.jpg

“Totoro has a cameo appearance in “Toy Story 3,” he [John Lasseter, Pixar's head and director of TS1 and TS2] acknowledged. “We do little homages in our films, and we thought it was a very appropriate homage to let [Miyazaki and his film company] Studio Ghibli know how much they mean to us.”

Soruce: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/17/pixar-chief-discusses-totoro-cameo-in-toy-story-3-trailer/

Ian McShane to play Blackbeard in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

b6qdc3.jpg

Ian McShane is in negotiations to play the villain in " Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," the fourth installment of the Disney movie series being directed by Rob Marshall.

McShane will play legendary pirate Blackbeard -- whose real name was Edward Teach -- who piloted the ship Queen Anne's Revenge.

McShane will join Johnny Depp, reprising his role of Captain Jack Sparrow, and Penelope Cruz, Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways, in a tale that revolves around the Fountain of Youth.

Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot wrote the script. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

A working British actor since the 1970s, McShane gained notice Stateside for his work in HBO's "Deadwood," where he played the brutal owner of a brothel. McShane starred in the short-lived TV series "Kings" and did voice work in "Coraline" and "Kung Fu Panda."

McShane is repped by ICM and Independent in the U.K.

Don't think it is. The new trailer is meant to be released on the 27th so I think this is a chance to see that in 3D.

Plus, you need the log in details from the official Tron viral site. :heh:

Edit: Toronto is sold out. Sydney and London left.

Edited by Daft