NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Dunno if anyone else is interested but stills from Norwegian Wood have popped up.

norwood-11.jpg

norwood-6.jpg

(the second reminds me of Final Fantasy. Don't know why. Japanese people in agsty love?)

See them here. Due out in December this year in Japan, so...2012 here?

Edited by Ashley

Shia LaBoeuf would make a better Spiderman than bumtouching Tobey Maguire.

He can do the fast talkin' much better, he's not ugly and he's farily convincing as a clever guy too. So yeah. There ya go. Mmhmm.

I didn't even know Norwegian Wood was being adapted. Good times. Roll on Storm Trooper!

Shia LaBoeuf would make a better Spiderman than bumtouching Tobey Maguire.

He can do the fast talkin' much better, he's not ugly and he's farily convincing as a clever guy too. So yeah. There ya go. Mmhmm.

As much I dislike Shia LeBouf, you have a point. I'd prefer someone less...slimy though.

Captain America

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1061088p1.html

Joe Johnston - the guy tasked with writing and directing the Captain America movie - has been speaking about his approach to the project this week.

In an interview with Boxoffice Magazine, he said that the comic adaptation will be more character-focused than many have expect.

"He's an every man who's been given this amazing gift of transformation into the perfect specimen - the pinnacle of human perfection" Johnston said. "How does that affect him? What does that mean for him emotionally and psychologically? He was this 98-pound weakling, he was this wimp, and he's transformed instantly into this Adonis. You'd think he got everything he wanted. Well, he didn't get everything he wanted. The rules change at that point and his life gets even more complicated and dire."

Johnston goes on: "But at the heart of it, it's a story about this kid who all he wants to do is fit in. This thing happens and he still doesn't fit in. And he has to prove himself a hero - essentially go AWOL to save a friend. Eventually at the very end, I don't want to give away too much, but he does fit in."

Jurassic Park IV

Johnston also gave a quick update on the future of the Jurassic Park franchise (he directed the third movie) and confirmed what he said last November...

"Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you."

Tyrese Gibson talks Transformers 3

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14330866/transformers-3/videos/trans3_tyrese_011110.html

I hope they do more for his character, because I haven't got a clue who he was!

Anyone remember that stone age old rumour about the new Jurassic Park film having dinosaurs with guns?

Just reminding you because of the whole "Gonna be done in a completely different way" bit.

Anyone remember that stone age old rumour about the new Jurassic Park film having dinosaurs with guns?

Just reminding you because of the whole "Gonna be done in a completely different way" bit.

Yeah that rumour was my first thought when I read his comments... we shall see!

It makes perfect sense as what is scarier than a T-Rex? a T-Rex with an AK-47 thats what!

I really hope it's not awful :(

It breaks away from the first three - it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy.

No. No. No. No. No!

The first two Jurassic Park films go together. The third is twaddle and fan fiction, as the fourth will be.

I really dislike the whole 'trilogy' mentality of the film industry at the moment.

It's not just films. I believe Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect were all announced as trilogies.

I have to admit, id love to see what a Jurassic Park movie looked like where the dinosaurs have guns

I was actually talking about that the other day when I went to The Natural History Museum.

We decided the best film would be with armed zombie dinosaurs who time travelled to World War II and infect the Nazis who then use the time travel technology to travel to the future where they hide on Mars waiting to attack Earth.

I'm drawing up the pitch now...

Jurassic Park with Guns?...Go watch Dino Riders dammit, Hell they should just make a Dino riders Movie, that would be epic

though I do like the time Travelling Zombie Dino's

he didnt even need to confirm it like. He is going to do this every single time a new innovation is in place.

Maybe he should go backwards in film history too. Personally I'd love to see Star Wars: The Silent Edition.

he didnt even need to confirm it like. He is going to do this every single time a new innovation is in place.

The High Definition/Blu-Ray edition came out so fast that nobody even noticed it.

Jurassic Park is just another example of turning a classic film into a shitty series. I call it The Matrix Syndrome. :weep:

I want the dinosaurs to speak. And, in the end, I want the dinosaurs to capture all of the hoomans and keep them in a park with electric fences, and one Dieknowosore who looks like Richard Attenborough will oversee the whole thing. Then, they could clone a species which is part Attenborough, part Goldblum and part brachiosaurus, with the advantages of all 3 (the wisdom of Attenborough, the looks of Jeff and the neck of a braciosaurus) and they could...use the neck to climb to the moon. Yes, climb to the moon using your own neck. Oh. Is that a crapper idea than giving guns to dinosaurs?!

The High Definition/Blu-Ray edition came out so fast that nobody even noticed it.

you said this before when I joked about starwars being made in 3d.... and sooooo here it is. Again what's your point :)

Now but seriously, I'm not saying he's going to RUSH out a release but star wars is going to be released on blue-ray eventually too. He's going to release it in 3d 4d and 5d and in holodeck form.

Jurassic Park is just another example of turning a classic film into a shitty series. I call it The Matrix Syndrome. :weep:

!

Is back to the future the only series to do a trilogy perfectly right? I mean I love the star wars trilogy but I would certainly put the 6th part before the other 2.

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

Should be of some interest...the director of the upcoming Spider-Man redo will be the guy who directed (500) Days Of Summer.

you said this before when I joked about starwars being made in 3d.... and sooooo here it is. Again what's your point :)

Now but seriously, I'm not saying he's going to RUSH out a release but star wars is going to be released on blue-ray eventually too. He's going to release it in 3d 4d and 5d and in holodeck form.

Don't a massive amount of films end up getting re-released on every format?