NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

If you went back now, you'd see how shit The A-Team was.

WHAT THE F*CKING F*CK?!

THE F*CK YOU SAYING, DANIEL?

Now we're enemies. And it is on.

No, really. I dare you to actually sit down and watch it.

I'M WATCHING IT NOW! IT'S STILL AWESOME!

What? Screw you! The A-Team is excellent. It's brilliant. All those explosions and hardly any fatalities. Or blood. They were a clean group, haha.

Also, only the A-Team could get locked in a fridge and create a mega tank using tuna, plasticine, a hammer and lots of cellotape.

This remake looks like turd, and that's putting it mildly. I don't care if Liam Neeson is in it, some things just do not need to be remade. This, coupled with the news of the Karate Kid are two things which just anger me. I would rather new classics be created, rather than the old ones being remade.

Dan, me and my brother watch the A-Team pretty regularly. What don't you like about it?

What? Screw you! The A-Team is excellent. It's brilliant. All those explosions and hardly any fatalities. Or blood. They were a clean group, haha.

Also, only the A-Team could get locked in a fridge and create a mega tank using tuna, plasticine, a hammer and lots of cellotape.

This remake looks like turd, and that's putting it mildly. I don't care if Liam Neeson is in it, some things just do not need to be remade. This, coupled with the news of the Karate Kid are two things which just anger me. I would rather new classics be created, rather than the old ones being remade.

Dan, me and my brother watch the A-Team pretty regularly. What don't you like about it?

Why would there be cellotape and a hammer in the fridge?

Oh dear... Spiderman's going all teen...

http://celebrity.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151704018

Maguire quits Spider-Man role

Actor Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi will not be returning to the Spider-Man franchise next year.

Instead, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios announced that a new Spider-Man film based on a script by James Vanderbilt that focuses on Peter Parker in high school would debut in the summer of 2012 with a new cast and filmmaking team.

"I am so proud of what we accomplished with the 'Spider-Man' franchise over the last decade," 34-year-old Maguire said in a statement.

"Beyond the films themselves, I have formed some deep and lasting friendships. I am excited to see the next chapter unfold in this incredible story."

The announcement of a reboot comes after reports that Spider-Man 4 production stalled amid script revisions.

The original Spider-Man 4 release date seemed unlikely last week when Paramount Pictures announced that Thor, another big-screen Marvel superhero adaptation, had agreed the same May 6, 2011 release date as the fourth Spidey movie.

"Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of a lifetime for me," Raimi, who directed all three Spider-Man films, also said in a statement.

"While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."

Maguire said in an interview last week that there was "great stuff in terms of story and script" for the fourth chapter and the plan was to still release the film in 2011.

Sony said it would have more news about the next Spider-Man movie in coming weeks.

Enter Zac Efron!

It's like watching TMNT again. Urrgh.

The old school cartoon [Anything with Uncle Phil is instant awesome] or the films [Which were awesome even without the Avery]?

So the info about Spiderman 4 being in trouble because of Sony messing about with the script is ture.

Why would there be cellotape and a hammer in the fridge?

You tell me, kid. This is the A-Team.

Also, Spiderman should just be discarded. :heh:

There's a few enjoyable moments in the films, but there's a distinctive meh-ness about it. There's no edge to eet. It's all too bright and colourful. Not only that, but "that" jazz club scene in Spiderman 3 is one of the worst movie scenes I have ever seen. It's terrible. So out of place, so cheesy/corny, Maguire looks awful, and...it's just not good. It's one of those films that doesn't start off too badly, but it gets progressively worse. :hmm:

Spider-Man 2 is a great movie.

I was mad about it earlier, but if done right a reboot has potential to be the best comic book series.

But Sony wouldn't let Vulture be in it, which is what Raimi wanted to do,....so they are basically intent on destroying the franchise and they clearly literally don't know what they're doing. And another origin story of Spider-Man will be SO FUCKING BORING. The whole world and their mother know Spider-Mans origin, they should just skip it.

Spider-Man 2 is a great movie.

I was mad about it earlier, but if done right a reboot has potential to be the best comic book series.

But Sony wouldn't let Vulture be in it, which is what Raimi wanted to do,....so they are basically intent on destroying the franchise and they clearly literally don't know what they're doing. And another origin story of Spider-Man will be SO FUCKING BORING. The whole world and their mother know Spider-Mans origin, they should just skip it.

Spiderman 2 is pretty decent, and I think I probably prefer it to 1 and 3.

I think I share your un-optimism about the potential new film. "Focusing on Parker in high school." Didn't that already happen in the first film? Why re-tread ground?

I think it does have the possibility to work but I think with Sony trying to control the thing and the popularity of annoying teen dramas we might have a crap movie. As I said in the comics thread, if they could make it like Ultimate Spider-Man then it could work. More on friendships, Peter trying to figure out how to deal with the criminals, maybe like the Kingpin arc where even the authorities wouldnt go after him.

I think ANYONE would be a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. Peter Parker does not constantly look sleepy and/or depressed.

I think it was an artistically mostly successful series (the third obviously had most flaws, and second the best), but it just so wasn't Spider-Man.

I'm both positive about this reboot and terrified. It has the horrible possiblity of being aimed purely at kids with the high-school setting, or working nicely, as he did spend a good number of years as Spidey at high school. Ultimate Spider-Man did it well.

But then if they get a 15 year old to play him, I'll cry. I hate children.

They could do the Goblin/s better now too. While the movie design was cool, it looked better on paper.

I have a feeling it'll be aimed squarely at the Not Harry Potter and The Not Harry Potter Subtitle crowd. I can see it now: Not Harry Potter (played by Spiderman) is helped to solve a mystery surrounding Not Hogwarts school in Queens by his friend Harry 'Not Ron' Osborn and Mary 'Ginger Hermione' Watson after the death of Not Dumbledore makes him take up Not Magic and adventure.

Does anything actually even happen to him during high school?... I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with this.

Yes he gets his powers on a class trip, but Peters life has always been more university based, and on his lectures/interaction with Connors.

What is there even for him to do during high school... what ever villian he faces off against will seem a little wierd because surely the characters a bit too young at that point.

Does anything actually even happen to him during high school?... I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with this.

Yes he gets his powers on a class trip, but Peters life has always been more university based, and on his lectures/interaction with Connors.

What is there even for him to do during high school... what ever villian he faces off against will seem a little wierd because surely the characters a bit too young at that point.

Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most consistently brilliant comics and its set entirely during Spider-Mans life in high school (its a retelling so not in continuuity of normal Spidey)

Yeah its amazing. Been going for about 120 issues now and I've honestly thought every storyline has been between good and absolutely amazing apart from one which I hated (The Deadpool arc)

|But yeah I have absolutely zero faith in the film with Sony trying to control it so much. Vulture would have been fine IMO.

Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the most consistently brilliant comics and its set entirely during Spider-Mans life in high school (its a retelling so not in continuuity of normal Spidey)

Yeah its amazing. Been going for about 120 issues now and I've honestly thought every storyline has been between good and absolutely amazing apart from one which I hated (The Deadpool arc)

|But yeah I have absolutely zero faith in the film with Sony trying to control it so much. Vulture would have been fine IMO.

Good to hear there's some potential... though tbh I've become pretty bored of the Spiderman films... partly thanks to Tobey Maguire, Whiney Dunst and generally because of the dreadful Spiderman 3! What a way to ruin a series!

Batman and Iron Man are doing it all so much better now, it would really take something special to spark my interests again.

What with X-Men going all high school aswell, I'm just not sure I can be all that bothered with such a direction. Will wait and see!

Yeah but X-Men as a comic series is in large part about a school where mutants are offered sanctuary and training in controllng their powers (focus on this aspect changes throughout the years. ATM the mansion is in pieces IIRC, and the X-Men live on an island.) . So a new one being set in school isn't so suprising.

Anyway, let's all wait for Blade: The High School Years. Feauturing pale, emaciated pale guys and girls vowing to die unless they can be together, until Blade shoves a stake up their collective arses, deciding for them.

^ Yeah actually I am kinda looking forward to see what they can do with a X-Men 'reboot'... and largely because it means Cyclops is back, the most badass X-Men of then all!

Yeah, Cyclops is so essential. His death is the single worst thing in X-Men 3. I believe that I would enjoy it so much more if that the film that he finally came into his own (should have been really, being the Dark Phoenix story etc).

I know he refused to take part to do Superman, but still. Angry.

Even when he left the team in the early 2000's after his "death", the team changed radically and engaged in new (quite confusing, bad, overwrought) adventures against mostly new foes, so it didn't feel like something was missing.

Can't believe we are seeing a reboot of spiderman when there are still tons of good marvel IP (disney will likely start wheeling out more and more stuff) waiting to be made into films...guess it is just such a cash cow for Sony we can't be too surprised. Just seems bizarre rebooting such a recent franchise.

Im not too suprised really, we already knew that Sony wanted their own vision for the Spider-Man franchise and probably didnt want to have to keep fighting Raimi every step of the way.

Dont forget that the Fantastic Four series is being rebooted already as well, they might not be the most popular superhero movies ever (although I quite enjoyed them) but if I remember right they did well enough at the box office.

^ Yeah actually I am kinda looking forward to see what they can do with a X-Men 'reboot'... and largely because it means Cyclops is back, the most badass X-Men of then all!

scott1w.jpg

scott2v.jpg