NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Because human beings are creatures that only indulge in what they need of course...

I didn't go seeking out the info in a "I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS" kind of way. The info was linked on my twitter and I just read the article rather than running away shrieking.

No one cares about Superman... waste of time!

Now will we see Batman 3 before or after Superman?... at least now it seems WB have given in to Nolans demands of not rushing the film, thankfully!!

Smallville is getting a tenth season so apparently there are still enough people watching it.

Development-wise it seems Batman 3 is farther ahead so we should see that one first.

I didn't go seeking out the info in a "I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS" kind of way. The info was linked on my twitter and I just read the article rather than running away shrieking.

telephonedrew.png

Smallville is getting a tenth season so apparently there are still enough people watching it.

Development-wise it seems Batman 3 is farther ahead so we should see that one first.

People are watching Smallville, a show that's been developing it's charaters and story for 9 seasons and is about Supermans early years and can draw from numerous other teenage/young adult themes.

If they are drawing inspiration from the way they approached Batman, this will probably show very little of the origins story, or at least approach it in a slightly different way (plus everyone already knows it, it's been shown a million times).

There's got to be a reason why it's so difficult to make a good film based on the character... because as his grown-up self, he's a bit of a bore!

People are watching Smallville, a show that's been developing it's charaters and story for 9 seasons and is about Supermans early years and can draw from numerous other teenage/young adult themes.

And Smallville is also teasing the red and blue costume for a few seasons now, I mean Clark is almost Superman now, there's really not much missing. I think most people that watch Smallville will want to see a grown up Superman again. I for one certainly do.

To be honest...they made a quiet, reflective, nice Superman film (Returns, that I liked, but can appreciate people being "..." over), and with Avatar being so stunning these days, I think they shoudl just go all out and do a HUGE CGI FUCKFEST WHERE HE FIGHTS AMAZING VILLAINS AND DESTROYS SHIT. Because otherwise I can't imagine his battles being interesting. I mean...that's how he fights in the comics, anyway.

Well it would be my second viewing, so I'd be happy enough to see it again, though I'd probably just buy the extended edition on dvd.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm quite impressed by that. If anyone can deliver the goods on the franchise it's probably him, so there's that. Also, going back to the series' roots and playing to it's strengths for once should be a good shout.

It needs to be a credible, worldwide threat not just Lex Luthor being an evil estate agent again.

If it doesn't follow the previous movies at all (and it sounds like it won't) - this should at least be one thing you can guarantee will be fixed. The old movies' Lex (including Superman Returns) is such a cheesy character, barely straying from the mad scientist supervillain he was originally portrayed as in the comics when he first appeared. His TV appearances have even been closer to how he is in modern comics, the head of a huge corporation, and a genius, whose main goal is never the death of billions of people for some real estate, but rather to stand on top the way Superman does, without the need to be an alien with unbalanced gifts. He even became president.

If you bring back Lex: No more wig jokes, no more bimbos, no more stripy black and white outfits, please Nolan.

I'm willing to give Predators a chance. As long as it doesn't deviate too far away from the source, then I'll be happy. I'm trying to go cold turkey on trailers and stuff from now on, because trailers breed hope and expectations. So, I'm going into eet low.

There was a screening of Toy Story 3 in Vegas today and now Lee Unkrich (director) is re-tweeting a load of positive messages about it. Stop reminding me its months away!

But regardless, apparently great.

Also, Jason Segal is going to star in the Muppets live action film he is writing. Let's remind ourselves of Dracula's Lament (the actual film one isn't on YT)

Edited by Ashley

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1078826p1.html

DC: The New Harry Potter

Warner Bros. boss says superhero movies will replace the boy wizard. In 3D.

US, March 19, 2010 - Warner Bros.' very lucrative Harry Potter franchise will soon be coming to an end, with the last installment hitting in July of 2011, but Warner Bros. boss Alan Horn already has a replacement in mind for the boy wizard: superheroes.

Slashfilm hit the industry event ShoWest this week, where several such interesting tidbits regarding the studio slipped out.

"As we ease out of Harry Potter, we hope to bring you the excitement of the DC [Comics] library!" Horn reportedly said.

The exec didn't back the statement up with any specifics, but it does make sense in a way -- there are many un-mined possibilities in the world of DC. Something that may not make as much sense, though, is Horn's announcement at the same event that Warner Bros. will release all of its "tentpole" movies in 3D moving forward. That includes five films in 2010 and nine in 2011. Horn apparently was very specific that this will include all of the DC films, including Superman and Batman 3.

hmm....

Well at least then these films can be filmed with 3D in mind, as opposed to crappy 3D conversions as they near release.

I'm willing to give Predators a chance. As long as it doesn't deviate too far away from the source, then I'll be happy. I'm trying to go cold turkey on trailers and stuff from now on, because trailers breed hope and expectations. So, I'm going into eet low.

What Alien Vs Predators Requiem did to me was oh so cruel...the trailer showed so much promise...:weep:

Scream 4 is being directed by Wes Craven, confirmed.

...and Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox Arquette will reprise their roles along with a group of younger thesps.

telephonedrew.png

I will reluctantly watch it.

I'll watch it for the nostalgia/potential lol-factor.

I like the first 2, and elements of the third (i.e Parker Posey).

Captain America Confirmed

Chris Evans will throw the mighty shield.

evans-cap_1269297713.jpg

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1079112p1.html

Reports surfaced on Friday that the actor -- best known to fanboys as the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four movies -- had been offered the job by Marvel. And now the Heat Vision blog has confirmed that the actor has accepted the role of Steve Rogers, the 90-pound weakling who through a government experiment is turned into the pinnacle of human perfection -- the star-spangled Avenger known as Captain America.

"Sources tell us the actor has not only accepted Marvel's offer," says the site, "but that the dealmaking moved so fast it's now all about dotting the i's and crossing the t's."

The news follows what turned out to be a long and laborious casting search for the role, a pivotal one in the Marvel universe. Cap is not only one of the marquee heroes of Marvel, but he's also typically portrayed as the leader of the Avengers. The casting for his live-action incarnation was no doubt complicated by various factors, namely that the actor who plays him will have to go from a zero to hero in his origin tale and then also be able to convey the gravitas of a leader of men on the battlefield -- and of superheroes in the eventual Avengers movie. And he'll have to have the acting chops to stand alongside the likes of Robert Downey, Jr. on-screen.

Marvel thinks Evans can pull all this off... and more.

Kinda hoped it would be Ryan McPartlin, even if I knew there would never be a chance of it happening.

Possibly mentioned this in the Comics thread but I think he should be a good choice, I enjoyed him in Fantastic Four and Sunshine show'd me that hes good in a more serious role so it should be good. Looking forward to the movie as in the right hands Captain America can be a very good character.

I yam what I yam, and I yam in 3D

popeye.jpg

Popeye to get the 3D update treatment. Avi Arad is producing. No real details yet.

Source