N-Europe

Super/Street Fighter IV

Dante

You don't have to wreck your fingers when you play Tekken though, which to SF players is part of the fun apparently.

True

I can't pull off those ultra moves, been trying for a while in training mode now :|

Can some one tell me how to do it with a specific character?

Ken:

With the Ultra Meter Flashing:

Press down on the D pad, then slide your thumb up towards your opponent so your thumb is on the direction facing your opponent.

Do that twice in quick succession then press all three punch buttons (Light, medium and heavy).

EDIT:

Aghhhhh, just faced off against Gouken to unlock him, then when I beat him he did not unlock, turns out you have to beat the game with Akuma first. Damn.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to map a button to "All three punches"? I know it's been possible with shoulder buttons in previous games.

Is it possible to map a button to "All three punches"? I know it's been possible with shoulder buttons in previous games.

Is this the PS3 edition? It doesn't come with a blu-ray disc?

If it doesn't, I'll be pissed: I ordered the L.E. PS3 edition, so I could keep the anime disc and sell the game to a friend (I don't have a PS3), and I picked up the regular Xbox 360 release...

Yep just a bonus disk with no case, just a plastic sleeve.

So to re-cap.

£30 for

6 page manual of info thats in the game.

"Bonus disk" in a sleeve (the kind of thing they give away with newspapers)

2 crappy quality figures.

Oh well, the games amazing. My thumbs gonna be knackered.

If you just want to unlock eveybody then play easiest mode and tap HK the whole time. It beats everyone, including Seth (set it to one round - you may have to move a little in the direction of the opponent, but thats it). Cheap, but it works if you're really bad at the game.

Still havn't figured out how to get Gouken, but i think i know how now. Just got to try it tonight.

You need to press all three punch buttons to do it, or just press LB for easiness(360)

Ultra and Super are different things, they don't need both bars to work.

Oh so that means press all 3 at the same time. I thought it meant press 1 punch button 3 times.

Now that I know that I might be able play the game properly.

You don't have to wreck your fingers when you play Tekken though, which to SF players is part of the fun apparently.

Street Fighter IV is being considering right now as one of the best 2d fighters ever made, which pretty much makes it one of the best multiplayer games ever. Seriously, with gaurenteed online competition with this game for years to come, get it!

My game and controller are 'dispatching soon' from Amazon :(

GUTTED - thought maybe they had forgotten to update their page and I would get it today. I'm starting to think I won't get it until Saturday now which would be crushingly disappointing. Hurry up Amazon you bitches the anticipation is killing me!!!:shakehead:indeed::heh:

I really don't understand why you guys didn't order from Shopto :p they have a guarantee to get you things by launch day, where they give you £3 if they don't make it to your door by the street date. So they go out of their way to get it to your early so they'll never owe you.

So does anyone understand how to do something like this in challenges:

> Jump H Kick

> H Kick

> Medium Shoryuken

> EX Focus Attack

I've tried going straight from the HK to the M shoryuken but it misses, so I tried going from the HK to EX focus by holding it down as the attack starts, then cancelling the focus and going into M shoryuken, but that doesnt work either. I don't understand >.<

I can't pull off those ultra moves, been trying for a while in training mode now :|

Can some one tell me how to do it with a specific character?

when it says 'punch punch punch' what it actually means is 3 punches at once. I've mapped HP+MP+LP to left trigger so for me, Ken's Ultra attack is D,DF,F, D,DF,F, LT

Yep just a bonus disk with no case, just a plastic sleeve.

So to re-cap.

£30 for

6 page manual of info thats in the game.

"Bonus disk" in a sleeve (the kind of thing they give away with newspapers)

2 crappy quality figures.

Then I'm returning the limited edition. They advertised a HD copy of the anime (heck, most stores advertised the inclusion of a soundtrack, which is gone from the European edition), if it's just a regular dvd it's certainly spitting on the face of European customers.

Lets see:

the US gets a cheaper edition, with better overall packaging and it includes a bonus Blu-Ray disc, soundtrack, and a few other bonus items; the European edition adds a cheap looking figure, removes a soundtrack, a HD copy of the anime, a few of the bonus items (belt, ...) and is significantly more expensive.

Why do they keep doing crap like this?

I really don't understand why you guys didn't order from Shopto :p they have a guarantee to get you things by launch day, where they give you £3 if they don't make it to your door by the street date. So they go out of their way to get it to your early so they'll never owe you.

> Jump H Kick

> H Kick

> Medium Shoryuken

> EX Focus Attack

I've tried going straight from the HK to the M shoryuken but it misses, so I tried going from the HK to EX focus by holding it down as the attack starts, then cancelling the focus and going into M shoryuken, but that doesnt work either. I don't understand >.<

when it says 'punch punch punch' what it actually means is 3 punches at once. I've mapped HP+MP+LP to left trigger so for me, Ken's Ultra attack is D,DF,F, D,DF,F, LT

The challenges are impossible man. I cant even do the simple ones on Level 3 like MP > Hadoken. No matter how fast i do it, the Hadoken is always blocked. I dont get it. I cant do it any faster!

Still havn't figured out how to get Gouken, but i think i know how now. Just got to try it tonight.

If you want to know, just let me know and I will put it here in spoiler tags.

> Jump H Kick

> H Kick

> Medium Shoryuken

> EX Focus Attack

I am having trouble with this as well, its in the Hard Challenges is'nt it? I know theoretically what I am supposed to do, but just can't make my thumbs move fast enough.

> Jump H Kick

> H Kick

> Medium Shoryuken

> EX Focus Attack

You should try doing Chun-li's stuff. Mixing in charge attacks to be followed by a super that requuires charge, and thats' after you jump in and perform a hard punch for followed by a medium. If you do it enough though, it becomes second nature trust me :smile: Just that your thumbs are truly hurting the next day.

But you have to do that in sequence. Try entering in commands before the previous animation is over. Although if you are using the 360 pad, then I can't help you :heh: Seriously, it's hard enough doing this on the Ps3 pad.

With my preorder still in limbo until Friday , i decided to go pick this up the old fashioned way...at a store. I convinced a friend at work to buy my pending copy. Anyway, on to the game.....

All i can say is WOW. 5 minutes into the game and im hooked. The presentation is gorgeous, the controls are air-tight and the online component is smooth as silk. Im on a wireless connection and out of, say 30 matches, i experienced only one laggy match (which i won courtesy of said lag)

I made the mistake of diving straight into network battles and got my ass handed to me about 10 times in a row but im slowly picking up some wins and have around 500 battle points so far. So addictive......

If you want to know, just let me know and I will put it here in spoiler tags.

Yeah it will be good to see how you got him. Every detail; who you useds, what difficulty, how many Perfects and how many Ultra Finnishes. That seems to be the key.