Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I was like that when I had applied for my Uni's. I got accepted at them all on an unconditional basis (because I had a gap year) and kind of thought, "Wait... I didn't even try applying to a university that wanted what I got... only below...".

It worked out fine though. Try not to worry about it. Once you're there you'll get settled and realise that ranking and what have you is pretty dumb.

That is true, the standings of a Uni dont really make that much difference once your there. I would say it is important to go somewhere you are comfortable, and where you think youll be happy :)

Cheers guys.

Just been to the orthodontist. I've just had braces put on. *cries*

That first day/night with braces is a pain in the arse, i didn't really know what to eat, everything got stuck in the metal bits which feels wierd as hell.

I had braces for 2 years, and since having them off, my front tooth has moved (well sort of overlapped a little bit on another tooth, yay for nail biting). I would go back and sort it out, problem is i'd want another brace about as much as i'd want a hole in the nads.

I'm having a good day. This isn't an interesting post so I'd stop reading now.

I made it to my early lectures, got some books out of the library for the first time in preparation for my 100% coursework module to do over Easter :) Its nice and sunny, so I busted out the shorts, I look damn fine if I do say so myself (someone at least has to :().

So yeah, bring on the hall photo and the St Patrick's Ball :)

Even my mental image of what you look like has got me touching myself, so you must look good in real life.

(just an fyi, i tend to say weird comments at that. im actually harmless :p)

I tried to embrace the summer by wearing white jeans (they seem more summery...plus it was laundry day) and a short sleeve t-shirt. Not really a summer person...

k-blergh!!!!

Q: is it unreasonable of me to call customers after their crap has been sitting in our waiting area for A MONTH AND A HALF just to check they still know it's there...?

A:...NO! 'cause last time i checked we were a printing company not a freaking storage facility O_O!!!!!

Bluey: "HARRO! Its Bluey here from the company that I work for. Just to inform you as you didn't pick up your order you did SO LONG AGO I was merely a twinkle in Momma Bluey's eye we destoryed it."

Them: "You what!?!"

Bluey: "See, you wouldn't want to recieve that phone call would you? No. Come pick it up!"

Hmmm, my mentor for my paper is a bit crap. First of all he didn't know what he was supposed to do (give me books/articles/places to find information) so I had to explain that to him. Today I ask if maybe he has some books, and he does... but since they're for his work he can't lend them to me. What?

Now I wonder what the point is in asking him if he can't even help me. He said he'd send me some links (which he was looking up on wikipedia)... I can do that myself. =(

*annoyed*

Remind me what you're doing and I'll find some journals for you. I insist you do as I need stuff to do tomorrow :heh:

My two days have been okay. Can't remember yesterday...must have been great! Oh wait I went to Merry Hill which was nice because its good to get a break. Went to a Wetherspoons and ordered food and it came about a minute after I had sat down. We were like 0_o

Today was laundry day (see you there. Under things, tumbling.) so we sat out in the sun and read while waiting but my dryer didn't work (still charged me :() so to and froed to uni with stuff. Been to uni three times today! Although the last time was for a lecture in which I had to try and defend Watchmen as I was the only one who had read the graphic novel and see the film. Now trying to think how fitting the lyrics to 'All Along The Watchtower' is as my friend addressed it. I said "there must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief" which does fit, but I think my point got lost in the chatter.

Then sat with a friend for an hour while she waited for her next lecture. So all in all pleasant.

Edited by Ashley

Why? Tencharforfun.

Looky

Though I have VERY mild case. No one knew I had it until last year. And the doctor I consultant made it clear that it's virtually negligable.

(It doesn't affect me that much, but it's probably the root of my food pickiness and it's be nice to actually have as prehensile a tongue as other people)

ESSAY. Ugh. Dryden, Butler, Pope, Johnson. I'm going for Pope and... Dryden, I suppose. I don't know. I don't care. I still can't decide between the gender question or the pure Augustan satirist question. Gender will provide more quotes and sources, but might demand I look at other shit like Evalina or Moll fucking Flanders.

12 cans of diet coke! Drank two and a half already. Probably gonna buy another 12 later. Lols. here's to a fun all-nighter!

I had braces for 2 years, and since having them off, my front tooth has moved (well sort of overlapped a little bit on another tooth, yay for nail biting). I would go back and sort it out, problem is i'd want another brace about as much as i'd want a hole in the nads.

Mine's done that too. Sometimes I wonder if it's slowly just going to take over the other tooth, or something.

My english teacher hasn't forgotten about my To The Lighthouse essay. Darn. I have to do it tonight.

However, I did a bit of writing on it yesterday in the lesson, so I feel a bit less daunted. But I don't know where to start to pick bits out...

Discuss the presentation of Mr and Mrs. Ramsay in chapters 1-8 of To The Lighthouse

Remind me what you're doing and I'll find some journals for you. I insist you do as I need stuff to do tomorrow :heh:

Haha, only because you insist (though I don't really want you to do it, don't want to be a bother). =P

I'm writing a paper on how technical advancements have helped evolve animation. Basically I'm looking at how the computer has changed animation (stuff like how the computer is used for 2D animation, birth of 3D animation, motion capture, procedural animation...).

Been reading internet pages and papers all day, heh. X3

The past few days I woke up with wobbly front teeth! (which seem to stop being so after half an hour max) My sister thinks its cause im grinding my teeth in my sleep. Boo.

Oiii! That often happens to me too! I thought I just imagined them being wobbly and that I was going insaneee. But yeah I grind my teeth at night so this makes sense. X3

Been reading internet pages and papers all day, heh. X3

Lucky so and so (well, i was like that yesterday so not as such lucky).

Days been good, found out my boss lost £3k in one of them illegal pyramid schemes, which makes me laugh and feel sorry at the same time. Still, makes you laugh don't it.

Lucky so and so (well, i was like that yesterday so not as such lucky).

Days been good, found out my boss lost £3k in one of them illegal pyramid schemes, which makes me laugh and feel sorry at the same time. Still, makes you laugh don't it.

Lucky? *confused*

Not only are you chatting with a dog, you are chatting up a dog. I'm going call Rolf Harris on you!

(ps is 'What would Starbuck do?' anyone I may know? Because, awesome)

Paaaajjjj.

Also lol ;

Michael Jamieson aka ReZourceman - 5 Days Until The Best Day of my Life. says:

Just youtube searched for it

you know how it gives suggestions...

Phil says:

not sure

what did you search for?

Egg and....

(was gonna say Egg and alignment IT Crowd)

and I typed

Egg and

and one of the suggestions....

In fact one of the top suggestions

Egg and Sperm

WTF

Phil says:

ahh.

I had egg for dinner today, not the sperm

Oh...

lol

just realised

Egg and Sperm as in baby making

not...

Yolk and semen

Guest Jordan

Usual day here...

Went to work, came home and had dinner, watched 24. Then Letty emotionally destroyed me and broke up with me.

So yeah. Great... Currently sat in the corner of my kitchen on my netbook crying.