Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I went to Ikea today with my parents and one of my sisters. They bought a few things, but the only thing I wanted I couldn't get. =P

Wanted some nice book supports, but the ones they have need to fit around the wooden plank, and my shelves are thicker than the ones they have. The only one they had that doesn't need to fit around a shelf, was a really ugly book support. So nothing for meeee.

However, my bed could do with replacing, so now mom and I are talking about redoing part of my room and moving my desk to the now empty room of my sister. I'd love to completely redo my room but money is lacking. =P

But if I could buy some of the rooms on display in Ikea, I so would. They always look so nice!

Got up mid-day, needed a lie-in. But my blocked ear is still intact! Fucking horrid, it went away yesterday for a bit too, after sleeping...

Atrocious when I take off my big headphones after listening to my iPod, it's worse than normal, and there's feedback in my head and I hear my voice magnified a million times. I can't pinpoint where noises are coming from atm. Which didn't help my driving lesson today, I was off my game, and my instructor said it was probably because I was ill. I kept using the window wipers instead of indicating right.

Got a dog! My family's first dog. Teddy, a little terrier thing. It seems nice. Letting my sister and dad play with it, since realistically she wants it to bond with her more and fair's fair, it's "hers". / I don't mind.

Friday Fail. Well, it started off okay as I watched the new 30 Rock in bed. But then after that, meh. Lecture was okay but once again no Hot Colleague to be found (normally she's in a lecture in the same room just before mine so we bump). Friend was stressing over her assignment and as much as I love her I helped her find some sources and talk her through it, then made an excuse to leave. Otherwise would have just been there all day.

Birmingham with the intention of doing most of my xmas shopping...got one thing. Was going to get a mug from Disney Store because behind the counter it said it was reduced to £5 but the stroppy woman (seriously, you're supposed to have an annoyingly fake smile!) said it was when you spend £10 in store but it didn't say that anywhere. Couldn't be bothered to argue. Will try another store with someone less meh.

Then started feeling sick so I left Brum. A nice Chilli and Cider helped :) Oh wait and my headphones broke, another fail Friday. I dropped them when they were plugged into my ipod and the connector snapped >_< And I've just made the cat do a backflip but it scratched me in the face doing so. D'oh.

OH AND! I saw someone in HMV carrying around a copy of the complete Arrested Development (as well as other things). Made me happy :D

Edited by Ashley

Crap day/night at work.

Big tiff between one of the workers and my assistant manager, had to stay late because said assistant manager hadn't finished cashing up for some reason. Shame really, but otherwise everybody has been alright.

Had two shiteheads come into work and just generally became a pain in the ass, why they thought grafitting the hallway was a good idea when we know exactly what they look like..fools.

Tired been up just over 17 hours or something like that, gotta go back to work at 10-6 tomorrow, was going to come back here and do work but its looking like I'll barely be up for another half an hour.

EDIT: Oh look something else just to pee me off, I ordered an external USB drive thingy from Play and then cancelled it because it wasn't accepting my card details. TODAY they decide to deliver it, so now I have to wait til I get it and then return it. Fucking play, I've never had a good rep with them, bastards. So now I'm definately in my overdraft.

*crawls to bed*

Edited by nightwolf

Guest Stefkov

I'm playing a lot of Fallout 3 recently which is really surprising me because I never play games like it. But for some reason I'm really enjoying the game.

But, it's really bad. I get up and look at emails, look at websites then I've got nothing else to do so I play Fallout. Only just got off now and I started at about 4 or 5. Fawkes is awesome.

Gonna go apply for Costa tomorrow. That'll be 3 jobs applied for. Not heard anything back from the other two yet.

Because of out new little dog, we've blocked off the hallway to my room with boxes, cause I'm too Dirrty to clean my room up. It's a hazard for man or beast, especially small fragile ones.

My ear thing has fucked up my centre of balance, I was weaving all over the shop during my driving lesson, and on foot, I was real embaressed cause I semi-stumbled into the middle of the road, looking like some sort of drunk person, this afternoon.

Combined = me trying to delicately glide over the boxes, but ended up whacking my leg spectuacularly on the door-frame bit. My toe (the main long bit) and the nail bit of my big toe are in such pain, and this was a good hour ago. I have a fear of my nails coming off though, so I've yet to take my sock off to see the damage (if any).

I decided to try work last night after feeling betters. Felt a little more better at the end of my shift, but I've woken up not as Pegasus-Fabulous as I would've liked. Less Fabulous than last night, but more Fabulous than yesterday morning.

Plus I now know I have 1-3 ulcers on my tongue. Eating just gets more and more fun!

Needless to say:

screaming1.jpg

FUCKING OW.

just got back from video games live in Cardiff, awesome show :)

I entered the fancy dress comp, got to go on stage which was cool but really embarrassing in front of 900 people odd lol

Win/Lose?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Day is going well so far. Woke up at a reasonable hour and have finalized my university choices - Durham, Stirling, Bristol, Leicester and Southampton. They have been listed roughly in order of preference and I have applied to do Politics at all of them. Really hope I get an offer from Durham! An unconditional offer from any one of them would be lovely as well seeing as I already have qualifications.

Apart from that I might look for a job during the rest of the day. Might play some Halo later on tonight....not like I did that all last saturday night or anything =/

Still feeling like shit...I feel like there is no improvement in my condition at all. Doctors aren't open today and tomorrow so I'll just have to wait -.-

The coughing won't stop...the headaches are still there...and the fever just keeps on coming and going... :(

Other than that: yesterday the GoW Collection arrived and it's awesome :D

Guest Captain Falcon

Well after getting in from work last night at about 5:50, having stayed a bit late, I went the gym at about quarter past 6. Did a bit of leg work and cardio stuff which was fun then we decided to go out up town.

I must say I really enjoyed myself. Drinks were really cheap too - I wasn't aware they were that price on Friday's as I've only ever been out on Saturdays. It was 99p for singles and 1.98 for doubles in one place we were at but I'm sure they'd charge double that tonight.

Eventually got in a little after 4 this morning. I wasn't as hammered I was the last time I was out with them but I'd had a few. But I couldn't even get much of a lie in as we'd already arranged to go the gym this morning with some one else.

This week I've been going bed far too late, getting up early and, one way or another, thrashing my body at every opportunity in between it seems.

Great night out hoy.

Met with the Journos On Tour at a good bar in town for a few beverages/ boogie

small world though: turns out one of the print girls I hadn't spoken to was a Hullfire editor the year after my tenure on the mag and we know a whole bunch of mutual friends and fuckups in Hull. Crackin lass, too. Boyfriend included.

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

edit: oh and I got stuck in a toilet with a broken lock or some shit. lulz.

OH NOES

xge8v7.jpg

Were you having your lady problems?

2vtbbdx.jpg

Aaaaanyway. Lounged around most of the morning. Watched Dollhouse. Finished a self portrait. Played around with Maya. Remembered my headphones broke yesterday and got upset. Going to do another drawing. Could really do with some models. Rats. Could also do with a bigger mirror (for once, not for vanity reasons).

Edited by Ashley

Whoo, I managed to sneak out of the quality control thingie they're performing in school next week. My teacher told me last month I had to be there (government people will be there to ask questions and stuff), but I hadn't officially heard back about it. So just emailed my school and they told me I'm not included anymore as I didn't take part in the test-version of this they did in October (I couldn't go cause Jim was here haha). So whoo! Not like it matters as I still have a class to go to but yeah. =P

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my crappy story. I'm seriously stuck. And I feel I can't contact an author if I don't even know what I want to happen in it... And I have my jury to go to on Friday and they will not be pleased with my lack of a story. =(

Whoo, I managed to sneak out of the quality control thingie they're performing in school next week. My teacher told me last month I had to be there (government people will be there to ask questions and stuff), but I hadn't officially heard back about it. So just emailed my school and they told me I'm not included anymore as I didn't take part in the test-version of this they did in October (I couldn't go cause Jim was here haha). So whoo! Not like it matters as I still have a class to go to but yeah. =P

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my crappy story. I'm seriously stuck. And I feel I can't contact an author if I don't even know what I want to happen in it... And I have my jury to go to on Friday and they will not be pleased with my lack of a story. =(

Post it in Creative and we can all try and help :)

Today....hmm....

It hasn't been that eventful, had a good lie in, then went to Tesco. Went to see a house with my friend from home that has two rooms going, and the people were genuinely nice and had great senses of humour so it's looking promising. Hopefully that'll all be sorted out by the end of next week.

Tonight I'm going to finish off some more work I think, followed by Pokemon and copious amounts of sleep. I'm worried I'm being too boring but I guess it never hurt anyone.

Have a sex scene.

It's about a little girl and a foster family... I don't think a sex scene would fit in well. =P

Post it in Creative and we can all try and help :)

Hmm maybe, but I'd have to translate it into English though, which I'm not sure I feel like right now as it'd be a lot of work heh. Ah well.

Bah work was a joke today.

Basically monkey bizness is incredibly badly run, at the very least the one in Sheffield is, the rota isn't stuck too, people who are supposed to be party hosts end up giving it to someone else and training never really gets done. I kept getting shouted at for asking for help, considering I didn't know the things I was asking about..

But hey money, I did 8 hours today, it depresses me somewhat that I only get 35quid for said 8hours, when I got 50quid a day (could have got a lot more if I was actually working there properly) at my mums work. Damnit.

I'm knackered and I've gotta get on with some animating work. Got 10-6 tomorrow, trying to swindle it so I'm never there when another certain co-worker is there, but alas it fails.

Bah work was a joke today.

Basically monkey bizness is incredibly badly run, at the very least the one in Sheffield is, the rota isn't stuck too, people who are supposed to be party hosts end up giving it to someone else and training never really gets done. I kept getting shouted at for asking for help, considering I didn't know the things I was asking about..

But hey money, I did 8 hours today, it depresses me somewhat that I only get 35quid for said 8hours, when I got 50quid a day (could have got a lot more if I was actually working there properly) at my mums work. Damnit.

I'm knackered and I've gotta get on with some animating work. Got 10-6 tomorrow, trying to swindle it so I'm never there when another certain co-worker is there, but alas it fails.

*hug* any retail situation is shit. And your probably getting min wage and doing more physical work than I am (albeit I have a lot more responsibility)

Lesson of the day; Get an office job!! (if you can! i know its not easy!)

Just keep at it and keep looking for other jobs!