NEurope

How did you manage that?

Playing football last night. Was going for a shot, some guy managed to steal the ball away just before I made contact with the ball. Therefore, I ended up making contact with the back of his leg. I thought I had just staved it but this morning it had swollen up pretty badly and the pain was pretty bad.

I didn't realise so many people did gaming degrees: Ramar, Nightwolf, Colin, Pantsu Man and myself. Any others? We should... play games together...?

I knew you and Colin were doing gaming degrees wasn't aware Pantsu or Nightwolf were.

We should make an KNEE team, making the first MMOForum game... :awesome:

Thunderer is too. Looks like you've got yerself a team :heh:

Just been informed I won't be getting my EMA bonus because of my "attitude" in sociology. I fail to see how I had any kind of attitude considering I've never got less than a B in my Soci exams over the two years of A-levels. I'm going in tomorrow to challenge it, because my teacher can fuck off if she thinks she can get away with doing that. She already made a complaint about someone else in my class, because they "didn't talk to me after the exam". Oh no!

Congrats!

Also got my results today, and snap on the 2:1. Except mines in Computer Games Development. :yay:

Then congrats right back to you, sir :D *tips hat*

I got a first for my Creative Writing module, which is what I went to Uni for tbh so well impressed with that.

Raining: The guy sounds like a dick for doing that. Hope everything turns out okay though!

Shorty and Ramar: Well done! Congratulations! =)

JonSt: Ouch, that sounds seriously painful! Hope it's getting taken care of now.

Day seems like it'll be boring again. Sister said she might go shopping with me but haven't heard back from her. =(

Also went to bed early last night with a headache, and I woke up about 12 hours later with the headache still there! And my leg's been hurting too. It even appeared in one of my dreams where it appeared the wound wasn't really closed, so now I'm a bit worried heh...

Ouch, two broken Metatarsels. Get better soon JonSt.

In other news, in about 2 1/2 hours i shall be out of work again after my meeting at 3pm. Sigh, then i'll have to think about what to do to pass all the flipping free time i shall soon be having. Man, i'm not even unemployed yet and i already hate it.

And on the + side, i got a party this weekend. Mine to be fair, should be interesting.

Man, i'm not even unemployed yet and i already hate it.

Wait until you've been 4 months without a job ¬¬

Congrats on the results people, now go on do me proud.

I'm supposed to be playing football again on Sunday. It's not looking likely at the moment and I should rest it for 6 weeks apparently but I'll see how it looks come the weekend.

I still don't have a degree! I have two referred modules, one failed. Apparently I'll be retaking an exam and a piece of coursework, which I've very roughly estimated will chuck me back up to a 2:2... lols. I did it to myself. My creative writing portfolio was marked at 50%, which is no surprise as I did it the day before it was due. Kinda depressing because basically it all implies I'm stupid, lazy, and bad at writing. I have excuses but they just make me feel weak, and... well, an excuse is still an excuse. I got what I expected, and I got what I deserve for teh work I put in. Personal issues and faults spiralled me.

To the rubbish heap I gooooo

today i almost cut the tip of my pinky finger off, trying unsuccessfully to make a sandwich, whilst cutting down into a wedge of cheese the knife sliped and came right down on the tip of my pinky. Cut pretty deep, bleeding wouldn't stop for a good ten minutes or so. This has put quite a damper on my day >_< plus i have a funeral to go to tomorrow...booh >_>

argh, god i hat work. 11.30-3.00 doing basic cleaning, then stocked the fridge. learned how to use the till, though how the hell am i ment to know how much every individual meal costs? also, i made one mistake and this pair of old bitches look at me like ive just tried to shove a giant dildo up thier wrinkled fannies. i appologise, explain its my frist day and that it was a pretty complex order for a newbie. i have to go back for a fucking charity ball tonight after my driving lesson.

finaly got a little idea of my hours, which is usefull.

Feeling a bit better today, don't ache anymore, just headachey, coughy and soar throaty.

Just got back from my college course interview, I'm on the course and start in September, can't wait! Although I'm gonna have to drop some hours at work and I get the feeling they wont want that, so in other words I'm gonna have to quite my job..... The good thing is that, despite the course being part time, I get the same credits (or something...) as a full time course meaning I'll be able to get a student loan, so quiting work shouldn't be to much of a problem!

Also, it was soooooo much hard work acting like I wasn't ill during the interview! About 5 minutes in I just got really hot and my head started pounding, was NOT fun! :heh:

BAAAAAAAACK

Holiday was ok. Pretty crappy town we were staying in, so long car journeys nightly to find good restaurants. But villa was alright, and weather was good.

/me catches up on the last 10 pages of this thread

Chair finally told Callum he wants him, now. Ashley got a 2.1. Coolness got a job. Ine is in recovery. Haggis became Slaggis. Flink realised people are rubbish, especially about jackets. ReZ made a post with no made up words! Gizmo hit a tree. I slept with a forum boss. Bluey is on the path to teacherdom. Dan Dare's brother came back. Federer won Wimbledon. Daft has gone, temporarily. The cake is real. Goafer found a dog. Letty works illegal hours for a Minor. Eevil looked sore. A man in Venezuela realised the meaning of life. J7 doesn't have the interent and we all need a morphine drip to cope with the loss. Dante was nearly run over. Channel 4 started making the ''MJ what REALLY happened'' documentary. Chris got a work placement. The chicken came first. Wesley got 4 parking tickets. People finished school and also graduated from Uni. Moogle looks good in a suit. Jimbob's employer is a bastard. Raining had a birthday! The weather was hot.

Possibly not all true. Sorry if I missed people, you know I love you but it's 00.19.

1. I didn't hit the tree. My sister hit the tree in my car.:awesome:

2. Pix nao.

I didn't realise so many people did gaming degrees: Ramar, Nightwolf, Colin, Pantsu Man and myself. Any others? We should... play games together...?

Should get an NE dev team together to make something for WiiWare.

Congrats to all the relevant people for Uni results! N-E seems to do pretty well, 2-1's all round! I'll ignore Jay since he's special, and no doubt could get a 2-1 if he could be bothered :p

Well I've been away for a couple of days visiting a friend.

Always fun traveling on the train playing the "will it arrive on time" game.

When I went got to the station when I was due to leave, I couldn't believe that there was someone from my work also getting on the same train on me - it was funny not seeing a phone glued to his ear though as I've never seen the guy before when he's not been on the phone talking extremely loud.

Anyway, got there about 11ish and enjoyed two days of just chilling out and relaxing - something I never really achieve when at home. Of course it was only really made possible by the excellent company who was kind enough to invite me to stay with them.

Went to the cinema, out for a meal, drinks at the pub and had a thoroughly good time doing all off it.

Well maybe not so much the cinema... Ice Age was the choice of film. I say choice, it wasn't actually my choice but as a general rule, I won't refuse a lady's request, and I didn't this time either.

The film was ok, though not something I would choose to watch as such, but what really did the damage was first encounter with the substance that is known as tonic water.

Now me not paying too much attention, I just went to the fridge in the lobby and picked up what I thought was still water - no I didn't think to check the label but really, how often to the see it. So when I eventually opened it and heard the hiss of the bubbles I thought, well at least it's something new to try... but I can safely say that I won't be trying it again in a hurry. Apart from four necessary sips to stop my mouth from ceasing up, it found itself almost in it's entirety in the bin.

The meal was at a small Japanese restaurant was excellent. Luckily for me, the fact that no one entered until we were about half way through ensured that my own sense of embarrassment was pretty much confined to my friend. I wield chopsticks with all the grace of a drunken neanderthal that has been hit on the head with a mallet attempting to put on a prizewinning display from swan lake. Rice was everywhere... except on my sticks or in my mouth.

Still, getting a bit tipsy helped to but any sense of shame in to a new perspective as I knew I could potentially do worse at any moment. Despite having strange urge to want to sing and dance my way home for the evening (i was in a good mood for once, sue me :)), I managed to restrain myself pretty well.

Shame I had to come back, but it's my mates birthday today and so a couple of us have all booked half of tomorrow off (with us working at the shame place) to go out out for a few celebratory drinks so I couldn't stay any longer anyway.

But I must get away more than I have been, I just need to find places to go with a reason for being there...

Ugh I just got dicked on by some n00b seller on ebay. Gave me a refund cos' Legendary Starfy was out of stock. Fuckers. Now I gotta re-find it.

Picked up my comics. (Text my comic shop owner saying "Is this comic in" he text back "Yes!" I get there and its not in. I think he just blatantly lied because he didn't think I'd be down today. He tried to deny it though saying he said "Yes" to a subsequent text question I asked, but I was like no./....then he said "You have to order these ones early, they're difficult to get in" and I was like "Erm, I ordered this as soon as I heard it was coming out.....I made sure I did")

Bit annoying etc, but he did me a deal on an expensive comic to make up for it a bit. Etc blah, hes a great guy just has an obsessive compulsive lieing disorder.

I CHECK THE BAKERY everytime I go there for Pecan Pie and for the first time in 3+ years (I think its more like 5) they had it. Was amazing.

Wait until you've been 4 months without a job ¬¬

I did it for 10 months before my job at Fairfield Mabey came along.

I had my meeting today, and as of now i am officially un-employed again. I don't feel as bad as i did before 11am as an email came around stating more redundancies are happening soon due to a severe lack of work. 2 contracts were lost and these were big ones mind, we lost one so 44 had to go and now the other one is lost a further 20+ need to go.

But at least i got some redundancy out of it, 2 months wages near enough.

Your redundancy is extremely generous isn't it, didn't you say you'd only been there 2 years?

Your redundancy is extremely generous isn't it, didn't you say you'd only been there 2 years?

Here is the breakdown

I usually get £1,060 p/m after tax.

I've had been there 23 months, so i don't get company redundancy. But i get 1 months statutory redundancy which the company pay apparently. Also i will get 26 days pay on top of that (payday is 15th every month) 15th to 15th is a months pay. Its 9th today, 15th was 26 days ago. I will also get the remainder of my accrued holidays paid (2 days per month earned, 7 months = 14 days - 9 days taken = 6 days to be paid = an extra £280/£300 on top of that.

A months pay is £1,260 tax free. Double that tax free = £2520 pay out for me. (hopefully)

Oh ok, I was gonna say, my actual redundancy was only 1.5 weeks pay (because I was only 20 and they shafted me letting me go a day before I made 4 years!)