NEurope

Had a funny call earlier, not a funny ha-ha one.

Some dude called asking for someone, i apologised and said they were in a meeting and i don't know when the meeting is over. So he asked for someone else, of which i apologised again and said they are on annual leave. Next thing i know, the guy states that he doesn't like my telephone manner and thinks i was short with my calls. I said i was sorry he felt that way. But before i could finish, he blasted me over my whole telephone manner wishing to know my name so he can issue a formal complaint against me for treating him like turd. He said something like "for a community centre, you are not helpful and he hates how i dealt with him". What was he expecting, me to sing and dance as well.

So i gave him my name and before he left, i mentioned that i don't appreciate being shouted at over the phone.

And all this before i could ask him his name and number so i can pass it on to the relevant person(s)

I walk about 4 miles every day. Booyah, punks.

If we're comparing exercise penises then I bike 40 miles every two days and walk atleast 3 a day, and still find time for the gym and masturbation.

Then again I also have no friends. 'Tis the price you pay for perfection.

The last half-week has been pretty good.

I picked up a new Wii on Friday, got to play a little bit before heading down to Wales to see my Mum (for her 40th birthday), who really liked her present (now she's had her last kid, she can star to wear jewellery a bit more and therefore wanted some, which was lucky). Went for a Chinese on Saturday at lunch - although that was delayed because there was a carnival on when we arrived (by "carnival" I mean "around 30 cars drove past showing off little girls in dresses"), but it was a nice meal. I got to see my brother (4), sister (8), sister (18) and nephew (9 months). My nephew has grown even more since last time I saw him and is now in the "smiles a lot" stage - especially when he sees somebody putting food on his spoon.

Monday in work was a pain as two containers of fabric arrived, most of which needed to be sorted to be sent out straight away.

And this afternoon consisted of me getting paid to drink Strongbow and watch the football (my boss even paid for the drinks).

!

I got an award.

From the King (of Huddersfield uni.)

Last year I got best 3D First Year at a specific digital media award thingie.

And this year I was annoyed that it wasn't being held (because of budget cuts obviously).

But I just got a letter saying I won an award for best second year in the Digital Media category!

I'm assuming they've rolled a lot of the awards into one thing and held it at a central services building in order to save money.

Either way I was chuffed. :blush:

Nice one Wesley!!

I just got back from my first parkour lesson. I finally actually did it!! It was so much fun!

Except at the end we had to traverse a wall by hanging from it and I properly ripped my hands up. Totally worth it, though. :D

So happy I finally sorted it out. Only took about two years. :heh:

Well done Wesley!

I wonder, do I go to the only school in existence to not have awards? =P

Though I guess my previous school didn't have awards either. Poop.

Parkour sounds fun, but ripping up your hands doesn't haha. Glad you're enjoying it though. =D

My day consisted of sleeping until 11, playing some DS, making a bear in paper maché and going to aquagym. Fun timessss.

Also, yesterday a hot air balloon landed in the field behind our house. Always cool to see. =D

flips sake, i've got strong antibiotics and this chest infection is not clearing!! Urggh. Infact its getting worse and my breathing capacity is really affected :(

Awk, more bad news! Here's hoping you get a break soon Raining. Lord knows you're overdue. :hug:

Well done Wesley. Shame it doesn't make you any less of a tosser ^_^ (p.s. revive the 3D threeeeeeead!)

Sorry to hear Raining :(

Dialaphone delayed my order (again) to next week. Email said (essentially) "we are delaying your order to ensure we don't have to delay your order". You what?

Went to nan's for BBQ/footie. Was a nice afternoon/evening. Kept feeding me gin and key lime pie ^_^ And we all had a muck around in the 'paddling pool' (its huge) and my brother was being a big child pushing everyone in and such. At once point:

Me: Stronzo!

Him: What?

Me: If I said it it in English mom would complain.

Good times. Lets see if I wake up all red and flakey tomorrow eh?

Well done Wesley. Shame it doesn't make you any less of a tosser ^_^ (p.s. revive the 3D threeeeeeead!)

:D

I will this week!

I promise.

IT'S OVER! AT LAST! I've passed my final exam (got a B) and am now what we call a "student" here in Denmark, meaning I have technically graduated. I've received my graduation cap, and now all that remains is the official graduation ceremony on Friday.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Well done Dannyboy! =)

Now you can join us free people in the pit of boredom haha.

I got so bored tonight I started cleaning my room. I hate cleaning my room haha. Didn't get far though, too tired. Plus I need to reallllllly clean out my wardrobe, which is currently too much work. =P

Tomorrow however is going to be a day filled with Toy Story, whoooo. Going to watch Toy Story 1 and 2 with a friend, then head over to the cinema to watch number threeeeeeee. So excited. =D

Wait - Toy Story 3 is out? Now? I mean, I keep seeing people post that they've seen it and such, some even people in the UK but I've been going off Ashley's signature :heh:

On topic; I've been working at GAME since last Monday. It's amazing just how much better this job is than my old one at HMV, despite the fewer hours and £1 less an hour. The fact that my new manager at GAME hates my old manager at HMV almost as much as me helps things plenty. I'm rather happy with how things are going in that respect :D

Wait - Toy Story 3 is out? Now? I mean, I keep seeing people post that they've seen it and such, some even people in the UK but I've been going off Ashley's signature :heh:

On topic; I've been working at GAME since last Monday. It's amazing just how much better this job is than my old one at HMV, despite the fewer hours and £1 less an hour. The fact that my new manager at GAME hates my old manager at HMV almost as much as me helps things plenty. I'm rather happy with how things are going in that respect :D

No, you UK people still have to wait about a month, unless you go the illegal route of course. =P

Congrats Danny - I've been a graduand for a few weeks now, but am officially going up to BA status on Friday. I have to crawl in full academic dress around holding a guy's fingers while they recite Latin, should be fun.

Money isn't all there is to life. For me it's far more important to enjoy the work rather than earn a load of cash. Glad you've come to a similar conclusion.

Well done Dannyboy

Hoping for a better day today, it seemed i was having a bit of bad luck the past 2 days (fire, rude/crude/complaining phone call, soaking, running into ex's).

I have taken a £3.50ish/hour pay cut for my current job so shurrup :p

And in regards to your VM a few weeks ago most stuff will be store specific. Only thing I can really think of is if a customer brings a load of games for trade in and its busy just tell them you will scan the total but "it may be reduced if manuals are missing or if the discs are scratched and its just a guide price", stressing that in particular. Just saves time, particularly if they just want a price and bugger off to Gamestation/CEX.

Me and Jodie have finally spoke after constantly missing each other's calls for a week. Looks like I'm off to London in two weeks :D

Just been to have my wisdom tooth out, weird weird experince, basically I can't remember anything when I should be able to and I feel drunk. Haha.

^_^

My exhaust just arrived in the post. I is a happy bunny. Now I just need to fit it and hope it passes it's MOT. May give it a service as well.

Woke up to an email from my letting agency saying they couldn't find records of me paying a deposit last year, and that before I carry on this year I need to pay £250.

Or alternatively find the deposit receipt from last year.

Luckily I'm a hoarding, anal little bastard and I have all my receipts framed.

Looking at the email it's got the send to email copied as the senders, so I think it was just a mail-shot to everyone to try and get some money.

Fucking cunts.

Woke up to an email from my letting agency saying they couldn't find records of me paying a deposit last year, and that before I carry on this year I need to pay £250.

Or alternatively find the deposit receipt from last year.

Luckily I'm a hoarding, anal little bastard and I have all my receipts framed.

Looking at the email it's got the send to email copied as the senders, so I think it was just a mail-shot to everyone to try and get some money.

Fucking cunts.

Landlords are idiots and I'm sure everyone has had their issues, refuse to pay on the basis that they have no proof that you did or didn't.

My landlord is irritating me also, making it difficult to sort things and them continuously ignoring our contract. I feel for the new tenants who are being promised everything we were promised and we can't tell them to get out while they can. Poor boys. They don't look like the kind of guys who would be able to fight for themselves and they are stuck with that idiot African woman for a month.

That mobile repair place I interviewed for a few weeks ago and heard nothing back from and thus presumed I wasn't wanted... Well they just phoned me "can I interview tomorrow either at 4 or 5?" Well I'm working 12-8. So I asked to ring them back as I tried to figure out what the hell I was going to do. Should have just accepted the 4 then and there but...that's not me. Anyway spoke to a friend and phoned back and the 4 slot had gone so now going to do 5.

So I either:

1) Pull a sickie from work and Jack Bauer my way around the shopping centre (as its near to Maccies) and lose out on 8 hours of pay that I desperately need.

2) Try and pretend like I needed to book an emergency doctors appointment and need to be gone from 5-6 and offer to work an hour extra (or maybe 2 and agree to do the close). But then where do I put my more formal attire that I need to get changed into? I don't know anyone else who works in the centre to ask them to hide it and I don't think "my doctor is Barney Stinson, suits are required for all appointments" will really fly.

What to do!?

Also, leaving it this last minute. COME ON!

Phone McD's/go in personally and try to get a shift switched with someone? Management won't mind who's working so long as the rota is full.