NEurope

supergrunch ftw.

Today I was woken up at 11am by a fire alarm test the landlord arranged without telling us. Then I watched lots of True Blood, made a beast of a bolognaise, put off plans for next month, now it's some mead and twin peaks 'til I get bored and decide to try to sleep. Very interesting indeed.

Even if the grammar does make me want to tear my eyes out, it's love for the sentiment. Love.

Also, fingers crossed for the job!

I just had the best bath ever. I made a playlist for it and everything. I'm old.

Bloody miserable Scots ruining the joy! Story of my life :p

Here!

1zbt7ag.jpg

And thanks :)

Fail at not knowing the English genitive hasn't been marked by case since at least Middle English. Only pronouns inflect for genitive now, with 's being more of a clitic than anything else.

Oh and I got drunk oddly easily earlier. To sleep, or to Apprentice?

In Supergrunch we trust to own us all completely. :p

Oral Danish exam tomorrow. I'm constantly shifting between thinking it's gonna be a piece of cake and thinking I'm gonna fail miserably. I'm trying to stick to the former thought. Tomorrow at 10 (9 for you Brits) I'll know for sure.

Turns out the former thought was accurate. I got an A! :yay:

Well done Dannyboy! =)

I spent today putting together a mini dummy of my book. Lots of cutting and glueing, but I quite like the end result (even though it looks like crap of course haha). But it helps me to figure out what is still left to do. Can't wait to have this book finished. =)

n508273533_279508_5238.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC014041.jpg

DSC014051.jpg

Edited by Ashley

At the moment I need to do the illustrations for two more spreads, plus the cover, title page and back of the book. And then figure out the typography.

Monday I'm going to print it all out hopefully, and then try to bind the book myself (never done it so going to be a challenge haha).

Then Thursday and Friday everything has to be ready as I need to set it all up for the exhibition. Then jury on the 21st and then the exhibition on the 25th, then I'm freeeeeeee! ^_____^

Already got the invitation for the graduation ceremony. Can take four people with me. Just need to figure out who wants to come since my dad and sisters aren't home then haha.

That book looks lovely. I can't read any of the text, but judging from the art it should look amazing in the exhibition.

When will it be published and available in shops around the world?

That book looks lovely. I can't read any of the text, but judging from the art it should look amazing in the exhibition.

When will it be published and available in shops around the world?

Sadly, probably never. =P

I don't think I will find a publisher interested in this story, though I will try to contact people. Might just go to foster care places to see if they are interested. =)

Today I won the penalty shoot out competition at work, I am awesomez :heh:

Got a trophy and a nice £25 bonus bond voucher.

Not heard anything from that job I interviewed for yesterday. Not that I expect to hear something back the next day but it would be nice. Especially as now I do actually want the job.

Still not heard from Maccies what my hours are. Should give them a ring tomorrow. Scratch that they just rang. 4 hours on Sunday. And this is full time? Manager sounded about five years old too.

Did hear from Next though and they invited me for an interview next week. Part time but if I could juggle it in could top up my formal attire wardrobe nicely.

You know when you think "tomorrow I'll do this and this and this and I'll be motivated and it'll be so nice to get all that done!" and then it comes and you just kinda meh your way through the day. A lack of purpose really does lead to a lacklustre approach to life.

The record for most text messages sent in one month is held by Brady James who sent 217,541 texts in March of 2009.

o_O

Edited by Ashley

Got up around 8.45ish and realised I had no idea when my driving lesson was today cause I had to shift it all around last week. Phoned and the guy said it was in 5 minutes. lolol ran and got dressed in time for my instructor to arrive.

I was really bad. Always happens when I've been driving my own car for a while and not had a lesson in a while. Meh.

Friend came over. MOAR Marvel Nemesis. Yes, Paragon. "Jesus Christ! *crying*" has become a catchphrase after a horrific Daredevil vs. Paragon battle. Went into town, I wanted to spend a Blackwells token I forgot I had, but they had shit-all in the way of decent graphic novels. Might see if it works online/if they have an online store.

Forbidden Planet had everything I wanted obviously but I'm so loathe to buy graphic novels at RRP. It always seems just TOO much for too little in most cases. I was going to buy Hulk Vol.4 :Vs. X-Force, as it was expensive online (£14) and thought it might be cheaper in a shop, but it was £19. For like...150 pages. FTL. Non.

We then went to Hard Rock Cafe for reminiscing times. I hate expense. £17 or something. After walking home realised the barbecue sauce stuff on the chicken tenders gave me an allergic reaction all over my face. It went away within 20 mins though. However, it now reveals I must be allergic to something found in BBQ sauce/powder...years ago when KFC did popcorn chicken with sachets of flavouring you could choose from, I was really sick after having the BBQ powder one, but no one believed it was that which made me ill.

Sadly, probably never. =P

I don't think I will find a publisher interested in this story, though I will try to contact people. Might just go to foster care places to see if they are interested. =)

What about a fostering agency? (If they have those there.)

What about a fostering agency? (If they have those there.)

Yeah that's what I meant haha. *brain is fried*

My aunt is the head in a place that takes care of children from problem families, and these children sometimes go into foster care. So she has contacts I think. Once my project (which is more than just the book, but I don't have the rest yet) is done, I'll probably contact her. =)

Good day has just gone bad. Picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 this morning and have played a bit of it. Turn on a few minutes ago and my Wii has stopped reading discs. :nono: An Xbox 360 and now a Wii dying in the space of a couple of weeks. Perfect. Was looking likely I'd be able to replace the 360 but can't now with the Wii dead.

Going to be a long weekend....

Met a guy in Cafe Nero, in a rom film moment. Asked a guy out to dinner. He declined, saying he already had plans. Facebook stalked him later, turns out he's a massive Christian who has "Pursuing my faith" in his interests.

Gaydar fail.

Advice needed re: catering jobs:

I'm applying for a job in a catering company, loads of school friends work with them, they actively take people with no experience etc and apparently love anyone from my old school, so that's good. However they go on about being well turned out looking professionals etc etc for staff, and that'd be fine, I'd cut my hair and dye it back brown, I was gonna do that anyway, but then it goes on about looking after/maintaining physical appearance. And also mentioning actors and models working with them with the aim of meeting people at the functions they get booked for and things like that.

This may sound silly, but would they not take me on based on the fact I'm not thin/built/I don't have a normal "figure"/am out of shape? (That sounds like some woman on a special K advert). I also have bad skin (it could be worse, but it's never completely clear. I think it's pretty disgusting personally). It just sounds like that would matter to them.

I am very self-concious *in a self-sabotaging (i.e I do nothing about it) way* about how I look. As in, I'm always aware I am, or at least feel like I am, the ugliest, most awkward mis-shapen guy in the room (usually. There was that time a hunchback did outdo me). I know workplaces aren't meant to "discriminate" in regards to physical appearance but I assume catering companies might be different.

I never really mention it, but I do have ishuez! regarding how I look.

Bleh. New laptop came a while ago.

Old modem wasn't compatable with Windows 7 so I got a wireless router.

Wireless router doesn't seem to be compatable with Virgin.net.

Ask them for router settings.

They basically say "Here are Google's answer to your question as we're shit"

Contact Virgin again noting that new customers get a free wireless router. I want one.

Can't get one free as I'm an existing customer. Stumped up £40 for one.

Currently using neighbours unsecured wireless for limited times.

Virgin are arseholes.

I'm applying for a job in a catering company, loads of school friends work with them, they actively take people with no experience etc and apparently love anyone from my old school, so that's good. However they go on about being well turned out looking professionals etc etc for staff, and that'd be fine, I'd cut my hair and dye it back brown, I was gonna do that anyway, but then it goes on about looking after/maintaining physical appearance. And also mentioning actors and models working with them with the aim of meeting people at the functions they get booked for and things like that.

This may sound silly, but would they not take me on based on the fact I'm not thin/built/I don't have a normal "figure"/am out of shape? (That sounds like some woman on a special K advert). I also have bad skin (it could be worse, but it's never completely clear. I think it's pretty disgusting personally). It just sounds like that would matter to them.

I am very self-concious *in a self-sabotaging (i.e I do nothing about it) way* about how I look. As in, I'm always aware I am, or at least feel like I am, the ugliest, most awkward mis-shapen guy in the room (usually. There was that time a hunchback did outdo me). I know workplaces aren't meant to "discriminate" in regards to physical appearance but I assume catering companies might be different.

Well I don't know about this company, but maybe they just mean things like making sure you just look clean. Like make sure you shave (no stubble), wash yourself regularly and comb your hair, don't smell, have clean teeth etc. It would seem weird to me if they turned someone down because they're not thin. The hair colour might be a problem but if you're willing to change it to brown then I'm sure it's fine.

Anyway always worth a shot to try with them no?

Managed to do fuck all again today except mess around with my Wii, unsuccessfully. Tried updating it but it failed half way through and is in a state of limbo. Cross that with the disc drive being louder than a Harley Davidson and what I've really got is a £180 box of crap.

Having a BBQ tomorrow, at my house as per usual (even though i didn't particulary want one at mine, but still).

Explain to me this.

I told one of my mates that i'm not staying over the others place (where the BBQ was originally planned in the case of good weather, mine would be a reserve for the bad weather (as i got a car-port/shelter)). I said to him at 23 (24 potentially now) i think i'm too old to be staying round a mates (sleep-over wise as it seems to be). To be fair, i think at 23 years of age it is too old and weird to be at a mates all night, i really should be staying round the ladies places (if ya know what i mean). I don't mind going round for a BBQ and having beers all day and into the night just as long as you know i'm not staying over.

Message was passed to the other mate, who interprited it from the mate i told as............ i'm not staying over because i don't like to sleep on the floor!!!. And now, they've decided off their own backs to arrange the BBQ for my place without consulting me until 7pm tonight and are staying round mine (as i got room). I attempted to correct it, but it was fobbbed off.

I think i'll make it clear that no-one is staying over, but you are welcome for the BBQ tomorrow. If that won't go through, then who knows.

Can you stop being shit, and apply for a real job? Saltire or Celebrations! or whatever its called reminds me of

Go to the art shop at Blackfriars. Apply to random shops.

If you are concerned about appearance, apply to somewhere that obvs doesn't give a shit. Like Forbidden Planet. Dealing with.

Or just do the logical thing and apply to Ripping, being like "David Byrne sent me, having read Cyndi Lauper's stunning reference re: me."

Or work for Maggie's Chambers / The Ark / somewhere that does gigs. People always need bar staff, and you'd hear music that could stun. Also could have chance of learning how to do lights/sound.

paj; STFU you're not a quasimodo. If they turn you down then... OMG THEY TURN YOU DOWN!! You have uni and subsequentially real life, and during at least some of this unavoidable process you'll start to realise your own worth, and turn a laugh at these prehistoric thoughts of yours.

Jimbob; I'm 23 and staying round my mates houses really is no big deal whatsoever. I do not understand why it is too 'weird' for you and since I was 23 I've stayed over at least 7 different mates' houses, including two forum members here. You have to realise that your friends see your excuse as extremely weak in conclusion. If you have an issue with it then face that, because the issue of "i'd rather stay where my parents sleep than where my mates sleep" is a rubbish excuse.

Personal lief!; went to a local pub to meet two friends - one of which i barely know who hit on me a lot last time we met up. this time was different - there were the two people I knew and the 7 I didn't, although actually I'd met four of them previously -- one of them even said "oh, Smed? My mate was talking about you the other day... I didn't realise we'd met!" [cue paranoia about who the mate is, and what they said...] anyway they're all musician types, which essentially means they feel no need to make any effort in the befriending processs. It's actually been the first time in a very long time i've been out in the dark without knowing everyone i was with. It's hard to come across as me in such a situation, and bizarrely I managed to really fuck it up.

The 2nd person I knew, the girl, took something I said really really wrong and her character changed really quick. I made it clear before I went that I'd only be there for two drinks, so I left pretty quick afterwards. Essentially she has a persona, and I attempted to cut through it, and in retaliation she was oblique and... she just had this look while we were talking that said "you can't say anything positive anymore"... and I just realised very quick just how shallow she was. I mean, she'[s [i]hot[/i] and she hit on me -- properly hit on me last time we hung out, and the pace of her change - especially the lack of patience or understanding of others made me realise that good people are really rare... the combination of place setting and people is something I'll never be able to control, and essentially I've just got to cut off another limb of the tree of experience again, limiting my future once more.

It sucks being me. It's a spiral descending into self-hate once more, and all I want is to be in Friends and have my reliable amigos who will high-five and love me... and instead I have insecurity and uncertainty and no desire whatsoever to take charge of my life because I KNOW -- and I will shortly prove it -- that if I am in charge I will make the worst possible decisions for myself. Such as moving back to brighton. FFS. I'm seriously considering just... writing my shit novel. Just spending weeks at a time in my room (no difference there, but) writing something, applying myself... trying to be an interesting person because clearly I'm not.

Work in less than 7 hours and...

I wish proof by picture was allowed in maths.

I'd prefer to just draw this, which spells it out stunningly that the series converges to 2.

350px-Geometric_progression_convergence_diagram.svg.png

I cannot fathom putting into words how amazing last night was. Definitely going to be a night that stays with me for the rest of my life. Went to Plug, and did the usual drink, dance, drink, dance thing. But then there was an unexpected foam party in the car park outside, which was horrifying amounts of fun. I loved seeing people grab over-sized amounts of foam and proceed to rub it in a total strangers face. After that, we headed back and for the four of us (my boyfriend, and two closest friends at University) decided to jump in the shower to get rid of the foamy-ness. Standing in the shower, half naked, with two equally half naked straight women was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

Then we just sat up sipping on moderately priced wine until about 6am, before heading to bed. :heart:

On Monday I head off to Europe on a 5 day scavenger hunt. Could not be more excited. I adore the fact we have no idea where we'll be going until we get to the next destination.