NEurope

Haven't done much today. Went out to the shops for a quick look around but other than that, I've just been relaxing at home. Got a few days off before I have to start doing work again which is nice as I really need the time to get back to full health.

Thinking I should go back to the ol' doctors and have a consultation over my leg. It's better but it's not healing over properly/at all so want to know if there's anything I can get done to help it otherwise I'll be left with a rather large and horrible scar.

I'm going tomorrow :P Yay for being in the same boat. :|

Sheffield Hallam open days are pretty good as far as being talked at goes. I wouldn't worry. Besides I'm sure jayseven and myself can always take you round to a pub somewhere, considering! :santa:

On my way to Sheffield on Sunday for Hallam's open day.

Just got to book my train tickets and I'm set.

Now. Chinese and a film.

^What nightwolf said. I dunno if you still have my number from the meet last year, but feel free to give me a text if you want a proper look at the city. I don't mean the opium dens and whorehouses (yet), but just generally where shit is, where not to go, how not to get lost, etc. Give me a PM if you want my number again.

If you want to avoid us monstrosities, then that's understandable too. I will be ugly hungover, but all the more reason to puuub!

I want to cook Scallops tomorrow. I literally plan to, so if I do, I'll film it. Big style.

Floor piano slide needed.

I bricked my girlfriend's laptop today. Oops. She will have to use my Mac with one of my screens until I figure out what to do. Option A - buy a new mobo and fan (the fan being broke is what I was trying to fix) for the laptop and fix it. Option B - just buy the laptop because it's pretty cheap anyway and sell the other working parts. Option C - buy her a Netbook for a joint Birthday and Christmas present, seeing as all she does is use it for coursework and the web.

Also, I'm feeling slightly less depressed about my two assignment hand-ins yesterday and am ready for a weekend of good work.

My day's been ruined.

I just found out that Rihanna doesn't sing "I don't wanna smoke these funny cigarettes no more" in her song Rehab.

I thought it was a stunning reference to weed in a mainstream song, but in fact I just misheard "these" as "funny" (...she has strange pronounciation).

My day's been ruined.

I just found out that Rihanna doesn't sing "I don't wanna smoke these funny cigarettes no more" in her song Rehab.

I thought it was a stunning reference to weed in a mainstream song, but in fact I just misheard "these" as "funny" (...she has strange pronounciation).

Don't be too upset. She's still got lot's of amazing lyrics.

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

You can stand under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh, eh eh eh)

I'm going tomorrow :P Yay for being in the same boat. :|

I was thinking of going .. today but it felt too soon... if you can understand that. What talks you going for?

^What nightwolf said. I dunno if you still have my number from the meet last year, but feel free to give me a text if you want a proper look at the city. I don't mean the opium dens and whorehouses (yet), but just generally where shit is, where not to go, how not to get lost, etc. Give me a PM if you want my number again.

If you want to avoid us monstrosities, then that's understandable too. I will be ugly hungover, but all the more reason to puuub!

I do still have your number. I remember you sent me a text for the latest meet you lot had. Should be spending a day there so whatever happens happens.

Don't be too upset. She's still got lot's of amazing lyrics.

Now that it's raining more than ever

Know that we'll still have each other

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh)

Under my umbrella

(Ella ella, eh eh eh, eh eh eh)

I am a defender of Umbrella, but...yeah. :hmm:

When I cover Rehab with my band, The Cunts of Reason, i'll keep the lyrics I imagined.

Day = do nothing til work, then work a bit (new guy started today - he's rubbish. Totally levelled up in management's eyes by correcting his mistakes), then some dude dropped his phone on the train home and I was the only person on the carriage who tried to help (he was on his hands and knees looking under people's seats and they acted as if he wasn't even there).

Started another book, so currently reading three at once. Watched some telly, now facebook chatting into the wee hours with mah cidar. Got a shitty 3-hour shift tomorrow 1.15-4.15, but meeting old coursemates (who I never spoke to) at a pub, then hooking up with more familiar faces at corp later. Just gotta remember to call up/sort out hearing-aid picker-uppery. By the end of this week I'll be back up to two hearing aids -- more than I've had in nearly a year!

Supposed to do some sort of prep work for my presentation in a fortnight too... but I have these three books that really need reading!

I am actually probably gonna go out tonight! *gasp* =O

I honestly don't remember the last time I've gone out... I was probably still a teenager when I did. And so now I have absolutely no clue what is going to happen, where they're gonna go, what they're gonna do and most important of all, what I should wear! D:

It's not even my own friends I'm going with (I have no friends), but my sister and her friends (including two cousins). So it'll probably be awkward and I'll feel like the fifth wheel or something. But damnit I never went out when I was younger, so I feel I should make up for that, maybe? I'll probably regret it tomorrow.

My day yesterday was insane. Made giant Jaffa Cake cakes. Finished and went back to the student bar at about 10:30. At around midnight went to a squat party in and abandoned pub off Leicester Square which was amazing. Left that at 2 to go to Fabric because I was on Shinishi Osawa's guest list (Oh yes). Wondered in for free went to room two where Simian Mobile Disco were playing.

Finally left at about 5am and got home some time after that. I'm shattered and I'm hosting a massive party tonight.

Insanely cool. Good start to the weekend.

Day = do nothing til work, then work a bit (new guy started today - he's rubbish. Totally levelled up in management's eyes by correcting his mistakes), then some dude dropped his phone on the train home and I was the only person on the carriage who tried to help (he was on his hands and knees looking under people's seats and they acted as if he wasn't even there).

Started another book, so currently reading three at once. Watched some telly, now facebook chatting into the wee hours with mah cidar. Got a shitty 3-hour shift tomorrow 1.15-4.15, but meeting old coursemates (who I never spoke to) at a pub, then hooking up with more familiar faces at corp later. Just gotta remember to call up/sort out hearing-aid picker-uppery. By the end of this week I'll be back up to two hearing aids -- more than I've had in nearly a year!

Supposed to do some sort of prep work for my presentation in a fortnight too... but I have these three books that really need reading!

Do your work fooooooooooooool! Thats the priority!

Anyway I've had good few days. Went to an employment thing for PwC meant for accountants about a summer internship but it was okay because they love the law degree just as much I think. The girl I'm seeing told me about it and even though she didn't want to learn about the internship nor apply for it she came along. Missed a lecture because of it and then had to run for the ski bus.

Caught ski bus, went training, did better than all the newbies (thank god) so I'm now definitely first string for the race team! Going to a tournament today at about 2 which is in Essex about 20minutes from where I live! Shame I won't get to see the family since I haven't had a chance to yet. Instead the club is going to be buying us all free alcomahol for participating!

Came back from race training and saw Zane Lowe and Dj Caaaaaaaspa. I was incredibly late and then one of my friends backed out so had to find someone else for the ticket. The "girl" stayed outside in the cold with me and we found someone who in the end saved themselves £1. Got really drunk since I failed to eat dinner. Danced with the lads, danced with the girl. Amazing evening. Somehow the girl still likes me after seeing me that drunk :p

Its her first day at work tomorrow (Boots) and somehow she's never had a job before! Thats crazy! So I'm thinking of taking her out for a nice meal after work maybe see couple's retreat which she said looked good. And pop the question....asking her out. >_> My friends have made some proper big deal about it, I was just going to ask her randomly at some point and they feel it should be special.

Luckily the girl gets an approval from all my friends whereas my ex didn't. Hopefully she won't turn me down! :p Man this post was mega long. No idea why, sorry!

tl;dr I've been busy and I'm asking a girl out, yay me!

I truly honest to buddha hate myself sometimes (in a joking way here /emo), I was supposed to spend the day in bed..it got to 12 and I was itching to clean my room, so I did that and cleaned round the stairs as well. Grr at me.

So I at least have a stunningly clean room which is awesome.

No going out tonight, I'm staying in and watching movies and then tomorrow I get a roast made my friend, yays. :santa:

I was thinking of going .. today but it felt too soon... if you can understand that. What talks you going for?

I went to the Biosciences talk which was a lot more interesting than the previous course i was on, i actually felt quite intelligent. I then had a gander 'round the library, labs and accommodation. Accommodation was a bit on the pricey side for what you get, but overall not too bad.

What talks are you planning on going to? Also what other Universities you looking at?

I'm looking to go somewhere northerner than Nottingham if i can help it, so possibly Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Hallam/Sheffield, Huddersfield... etc. The trouble is they're open days aren't until 2010 now :S

@ nightwolf, J7: I'm sure it'll be down as one of my 5 choices so i'll maybe take you up on that offer.

Actually how would the UCAS process go since i already have my grades? Apply for 5 Uni's, get Unconditional offers, then choose one?

Edited by Strider

I had my grades straight away because of Btec, just apply and then they get back to you with offers. Easy peasy.

I had my grades straight away because of Btec, just apply and then they get back to you with offers. Easy peasy.

Ahh right, that's okay then. So even if I'm applying for 5 different Universities and they all come back unconditional, am i still able to choose?

All I need now is to write a personal statement (Urgh), slap my Uni's in and get a reference :) ... and wait a year. :(

Ahh right, that's okay then. So even if I'm applying for 5 different Universities and they all come back unconditional, am i still able to choose?

All I need now is to write a personal statement (Urgh), slap my Uni's in and get a reference :) ... and wait a year. :(

It depends on your grades/how many people they have etc. You aren't garanteed a place anywhere unless you have like amazing grades.

I am actually probably gonna go out tonight! *gasp* =O

I honestly don't remember the last time I've gone out... I was probably still a teenager when I did. And so now I have absolutely no clue what is going to happen, where they're gonna go, what they're gonna do and most important of all, what I should wear! D:

It's not even my own friends I'm going with (I have no friends), but my sister and her friends (including two cousins). So it'll probably be awkward and I'll feel like the fifth wheel or something. But damnit I never went out when I was younger, so I feel I should make up for that, maybe? I'll probably regret it tomorrow.

Don't worry Ine, I was pretty much/am in the same boat :heh: never really been one for going out much in my teens but recently I got introduced to some of my brother's friends and we've since been out a few times together and sometimes its actually been a good laugh. :)

So go for eeeeeet! you'll never know if you don't give it a go and it might be fun. :D

Don't worry Ine, I was pretty much/am in the same boat :heh: never really been one for going out much in my teens but recently I got introduced to some of my brother's friends and we've since been out a few times together and sometimes its actually been a good laugh. :)

So go for eeeeeet! you'll never know if you don't give it a go and it might be fun. :D

Oh I am gonna go, just a bit worried about it all haha. Like, will it mostly be inside or outside (since there's stuff happening in town that takes place outside), do they want to get ridiculously drunk or not, will I be able to cycle home afterwards, will I have people to talk to, etc. =P

Lots of worries haha. But I think I really need to go. Honestly never properly been out in my life so I figured it's now or never. Only thing that's really bothering me at the moment is my back pain, but I'm hoping a bit of alcohol will help me forget about that. X3

I went to the Biosciences talk which was a lot more interesting than the previous course i was on, i actually felt quite intelligent. I then had a gander 'round the library, labs and accommodation. Accommodation was a bit on the pricey side for what you get, but overall not too bad.

What talks are you planning on going to? Also what other Universities you looking at?

I'm looking to go somewhere northerner than Nottingham if i can help it, so possibly Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Hallam/Sheffield, Huddersfield... etc. The trouble is they're open days aren't until 2010 now :S

I'll be going to the Computing and Creative Media talks. I emailed asking about the Web Systems Design course and what talk I'd need to go to and they said those. I'll just have a look at everything I possibly can when I'm there, only got 6 or so hours.

I'm looking for some kind of web course in which you learn web programming and stuff (if anyone else has suggestions for other Unis to look at I'm all ears, not literally that would be weird).

I'm leaning more towards just doing a Japanese course and learning that other stuff in my spare time. I know Sheffield Uni does it and I've read it's really quite good there. I'm not too keen on moving back to Manchester and moving down south wouldn't be great, so Sheffield seems about right.

Gonna have to find out how I'd fund the course first seen as though I've lost 2 years funding because of these past 2 years.

So long as it's full time, you should still be eligible for two more years worth, I think.

I had 5 unconditional when I applied for universities (I had a year out, so had my grades) and I'm pretty sure I just... picked which one out of the lot.

Today has been ok. I woke up and felt a bit shiiiiit, so slept in a bit longer. Then, watched the Villa-Chelsea game, then Gilette Soccer Saturday. Done very little today, but it's ok. It's my definite day of rest, heh.

Ine is off out, which is coooool. I'm kinda in the mood for going out somewhere tonight as well, too. Hehe. But, I'm sat next to the electric fire which is keeping me warm. I am going to put some Super Mario Galaxy on and have a little blast of that before Match of the Day tonight.

Today I went to the gym!!! Hurrah! After two weeks of joining it and avoiding it I finally went. Man, I'm unfit.