N-Europe

Interesting By Antony Shimmin

thirtynine.

this has gone far enough.. we should not all suffer because shorty was in a bad mood..or whoever the hell it was.

The mmpt thread will be back whether you like it or not.. i'm sick of this crap. The admins fall to pieces over the smallest things..This happens EVERY single time.

The simple ban gtfo, delete posts would have been fine but the members you banned innocently did nothing wrong.. Harribo didn't get as much as infraction.

I already made a thread about this and got some bullshit answer from moria What the hell?

i tried being nice about this but these are my friends...give a reason for deleting people... a PROPER REASON.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the MPT may have been a home for little tidbits of uniting chatter (which are suitable for the IRC room, which is no hassle to have on all the time you're browsing the forums anyway), but it also engulfed lots of interesting things that got ignored, or actually could have had a thread of it's own.

Why not try making a thread about something you want to say? What's the harm? If it gets a few replies, then great. If it gets none, then it would have been spam in the MPT anyway. If it's useless then it'll get deleted, no harm done.

Thats not the point though. It was a thread to talk about your day, any problems, moaning about college and getting suuport with any problems. It was like a mini community on it's own. It's one of the things that attracted me to sign up for the forum.

Making threads for evey little thing you want to talk about will cause a whole load of spam on it's own. Bring back the MPT!

What do you guys think of this idea?

Suggestion ;

Area that doesnt count towards post count, where you can do MPOTD threads, Mafia games, Forum games (Good ones, not "count to 100") and such, which dont count towards point cost ;

Pros

- Cuts down on spam on rest of forum

- Allows for more personality building

- People make friendships and stronger bonds (Which is important in life)

Cons

- Possible bandwith issues (Solution = Donorship system, with privaleges such as larger avater, and increased PM box size)

- Nothing else

But Im sure this will never happen, and its for no good reason too. The potential is there!!!

It's not a bad idea - but another con is that some of the 'soul' of this forum, as many claim MPT was (which personally I think sucked more than it spat) would be spread to another board. The creative board already doesn't get enough attention ever since it splintered from gen chit-chat, and many games like the n-e quiz (UPDATE IT BITCHES!) are things that come under the idea of "general chit chat" in my book.

What's the thing that's actually wrong with the IRC room?

EDIT: Basically you want a forum that's exactly the same as chit-chat, except with the MPT?

Agreed with mcj. Fed up of mods banning people because they're in a bad mood or some other bullshit reason.

Fucking ridiculous.

Seconded. They should keep their personal probs out, in order to mantain professionalism.

I've sifted through this thread, and can I say- bloody hell.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Suggestion ;

Area that doesnt count towards post count, where you can do MPOTD threads, Mafia games, Forum games (Good ones, not "count to 100") and such, which dont count towards point cost ;

Pros

- Cuts down on spam on rest of forum

- Allows for more personality building

- People make friendships and stronger bonds (Which is important in life)

Cons

- Possible bandwith issues (Solution = Donorship system, with privaleges such as larger avater, and increased PM box size)

- Nothing else

But Im sure this will never happen, and its for no good reason too. The potential is there!!!

Shit idea, to be fair.

What's the thing that's actually wrong with the IRC room?

It's ran by different people than the forum, it's independent. The MPT didn't move fast enough that it couldn't be caught up with very quickly and you can archive back on the MPT.

It's ran by different people than the forum, it's independent. The MPT didn't move fast enough that it couldn't be caught up with very quickly and you can archive back on the MPT.

Ah, so it's not run by the mods/admins everyone is complaining about? win/win!

The MPT went at an average pace of 7-10 pages a day. Catching up with it and paying each post the attention it deserves took at least 30 minutes for me, and by the end of it I have to fight the temptation to quote something 100 replies earlier, and also something 70 replies earlier, and 50, 34, 28, 19...

If you keep the IRC room open, you can scroll up if you miss things :) you get immediate responses and you can say things with less than ten characters if you so desire.

You can always archive back on other threads too, if you choose to make one instead.

Exactly. It was a great thread abd needs to be bought back, someone should start a new one if needed.

Excuse me? When did I say I banned them because I was in a bad mood? Let me clarify something, and I'm going to lock this afterwards to make sure none of you miss it.

1. I said I had a headache. However this was not an excuse for why I banned those two members. I would've banned them if I was in the perfectest of health on a sunny day on an private beach surrounded by naked ladies. The only reason my headache was relevant is because it is the reason I did not ban more people. I simply plucked out the two worst offenders, the dupe account, and then logged off because I didn't want to deal with it last night.

2. Everyone seems to think that these members were banned for a couple of stupid 'or GTFO' posts or sexism or something. Wrong. They were banned because a group of people sprung up last night, some kind of 'gtfo' group. One of them was insulting Moria directly with a dupe account. This person made five (they're in a trash board, I can show you them if you like) stupid 'GTFO' threads in General Chit-Chat including "BIGGEST COCK" and "TITS OR GTFO 2". Harribo and Ant both joined in with the spamming in those threads. They also spammed a lot in the 'Meaningless Post of the Day' thread. Add to that the fact that we have already flagged those two as troublecausers staffside, the most efficient way to stop the mess seemed to be to get rid of them.

Now lets get back to using this forum properly. Just... talk about movies, games, music, sports, work, school, jokes, videos, all the things this place was meant to be used for.