Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

I'm enjoying this game but now its getting repetitive.

I've only got the 1 star online quests so the only things i can kill with my friend is Qurupeco, Royal Ludroth and Great Jaggi. I have ludroth armor and ludroth bone sword +, which is the best I can get right now and I'm HR7, there's nothing left to do but kill those and I don't get anything I need.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked this up. It's all pretty confusing at first, but slowly getting the hang of it. Just killed the Great Jaggi offline, tried to get online and meet my friend. Was greeted with a plethera of error messages trying to warp to each other and after 30 minutes, just gave up. So far, online is dissapointing...

Oh my, you're right, it is £159.99.

EDIT: £149.99 at Play.com. Who the fuck moans about it being a ripoff?

For a console I'll only ever play one game on, to me that's a rip off, especially when I've just moved in on my own and can't really justify such a purchase.

Bloody hell guys, you'd think I just insulted your mothers the way you jumped to the rescue xD

You're right, I forget disagreeing with cynicism constitutes as rampant fanboyism nowadays. My mistake.

Just making a playful retort to the unhappy thought pointed in my direction dear, I wasn't getting personal. I wasn't being cynical either, when you're poor £180 IS a rip off, and £20 seems like it could indeed pay for a house. To be honest I didn't think what I posted was all that controversial...

Just making a playful retort to the unhappy thought pointed in my direction dear, I wasn't getting personal. I wasn't being cynical either, when you're poor £180 IS a rip off, and £20 seems like it could indeed pay for a house. To be honest I didn't think what I posted was all that controversial...

How about patronizing?

I'm sorry, buying a product you don't use is not a rip off, just makes you stupid.

For a console I'll only ever play one game on, to me that's a rip off, especially when I've just moved in on my own and can't really justify such a purchase.

Bloody hell guys, you'd think I just insulted your mothers the way you jumped to the rescue xD

You're right, I forget disagreeing with cynicism constitutes as rampant fanboyism nowadays. My mistake.

How about patronizing?

I'm sorry, buying a product you don't use is not a rip off, just makes you stupid.

Relax don't do it.

When you want to go to it.

Relax don't do it.

When you want to come.

Relax don't do it.

When you want to come!

When you want to come!

That was a zinger. If it stops you all being a rabid pack of meany bears I'll change my post from "rip off" to "out of my price range". I'll even put a winky face next to "dear" to ensure you all know it was not intended to be offensive.

I got the Great Jaggi capture yesterday, my mistake was not chucking the tranq bombs at his head, d'oh

Got full Jaggi armor (minus helmet...I'm not wearing one, is that insane? I prefer the look without one :heh:)

Just got this Cha-Cha guy, is it worth (needed) to take him on quests? If he dies will that fail the quest on me?

Having Cha-Cha with you on quests can be a real help. If you get stunned, dizzy or put to sleep, he'll run over and give you a kick to sort you out to minimise any damage you'll receive while under those effects. So he's helpful for those reasons but does get 'killed' a lot. If he 'dies', the quest continues as normal and he'll generally appear again a few minutes later. He also occasionally casts healing spells and some buffs.

So yeh, worthwhile taking him on certain quests.

Just got this Cha-Cha guy, is it worth (needed) to take him on quests? If he dies will that fail the quest on me?

It won't fail the quest, take him, it's so worth it... he's awesome!

Ah cool, I thought he'd be helpful in somethings but was thinking there must be a downside also in that him dying might fail a quest, since it doesn't I'll bring him with.

One other question bout him though... when he says he found an item, how do I get it off him?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out, lol

Ironbeard Bloopers

I finally went and got a helmet (Rhenoplos helm), though I may take it off from time to time as I prefer the look without a helmet :heh:, just have to try upgrade my other armor I guess. Got a Switch Axe too which is quite cool. Though I still perfer the Sword and Shield for their speed, I did use the Swich Axe to slay a Qurupeco

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Wow great second week for this game (atleast for europe, US data isnt in just yet).

1st week in europe it was: 73 000 copies

its 2nd week in europe: 55 000 copies:bouncy:

Thats outstanding a dip of less than 25k, cant wait for the US data.

That brings the game at a total of 1,27 milion worldwide.

Really hope that the game is going to be in the NPD top 10, so everyone will know and talk about it.

Edited by marcel

Just taken down the Lagiacrus. So god damned happy to get it done. Took 3 attempts. First one ended in a fail because he spam attacked and my controller stopped working (pressed B to dodge and it did absolutely nothing ::shrug:), second ended with me abandoning because I got him to his limping state but he managed to faint me in area 12 and I only had 1 minute before the end of the quest.

But thankfully, he went down on the third attempt. Had 2 minutes left. Close call but I think choosing the long sword over the sword and shield helped get the kill otherwise I'd have failed. So happy to have killed him though :bouncy: Can head off to the Volcano and start to work on getting the Dancing Flame upgrade for my long sword.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!