Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter Tri

flameboy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now im really jealous! Im so importing that controller.

MH.jpg

Ready for Monster Hunter G to sell like crazy? Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter G Wii will be released in Japan on April 23rd, 2009 for ¥3990. Even better, a special Classic Controller will be made available. Consumers can pick up the controller in a Monster Hunter G Wii bundle (¥5220), or separately. Best of all, Monster Hunter G Wii comes with a demo of Monster Hunter 3. Man…Capcom sure knows how to sell a remake

People will die if MH3 doesn't make it over here! Mark my words, people will die!

main7.jpg

Platform: Wii | Genre: Hunting Action | CERO Rating: C (Age 15 up)

Network Play: Wii Points | Number of Players: 1 offline 1 - 4 Online

MHG: Support Classic Controller only

MH3 Tri: Support both Wiiremote + Nunchuk and Classic Controller

(Demo Disk 1 player only no online play)

MHG - Full Network play is paid by using Wii Points.

Sucks about not getting MHG though, would of been nice to pass the time with it untill the MH3. I'm thinking about importing it to be honest.

I would advise against it. I imported Monster Hunter Freedom on the PSP and it wasnt a great experience. There are that many items and carves you can get it makes playing the game very hard. You have a hard time making armour and weapons as you havent a clue what ingredients you have. Saying that if it doesnt get a release over here then that will be my only option if I want to play it.

I wonder how many people in this thread who are hyped about Monster Hunter have ever played it....

Monster Hunter 2 (aka Monster Hunter G without the online play) is one of the worst games i've ever played. It PILES stuff on for you to do, its stupidly complex. The mission structure is horrible, you have NO freedom what so ever and you will spend the first 10 hours or so completely confused and most likely bored.

This might just be from my perspective, as obviously its super popular in Japan. But don't expect MH3 to be any different from MH2. If you're expecting a simple "go out and kill monsters" affair, you will be disappointed.

One minute the Wiis too simple. The next it's stupidly complex.

It either can't win with some people, or it's game library has no balance.

Anyways, the whole point of Monster Hunter 3 is to make it more accessible, particularly in the west, so I would imagine it will have the necessary changes in gameplay to make it less frustrating and more playable

Monster Hunter 2 (aka Monster Hunter G without the online play) is one of the worst games i've ever played. It PILES stuff on for you to do, its stupidly complex. The mission structure is horrible, you have NO freedom what so ever and you will spend the first 10 hours or so completely confused and most likely bored.

This might just be from my perspective, as obviously its super popular in Japan. But don't expect MH3 to be any different from MH2. If you're expecting a simple "go out and kill monsters" affair, you will be disappointed.

I can see Jordans point and its the same feeling of many western gamers. The MH games are marmite games in that you either love them or hate them there is no middle. I have played every single one that has made over to the west and I LOVE the franchise to bits. The learning curve is very steep and you have to do the same missions over and over again to get better items. Alot of people do compare the game with PSO while it does share some similarities Monster Hunter is far more complex.

I think another reason why it failed in the west is because of the lack on online on the portable games. You can get online with the PSP games but not officially, you have to setup Xlink. The game really steps up a notch if you have mates to play it with you but if you dont know anyone thats near you and has a PSP then it does become a bit of a boring grindfest if you are new to the series. Personally I dont mind that as I know a new weapon or armour is just around the corner :)

I really cant see Capcom changing the forumla of the game at all, which suits me fine. Sure it will be on the Wii and it has Wii controls but when it comes to the actual gameplay and grinding im pretty sure it will be business as usual and I dont think they will be dumbing it down at all.

If it does somehow make it over to Europe I can see alot of people just not "getting it" and giving up on the game. The game requires you put in a hell of alot of time ( I had over 1000 hours on the PS2 version ) I mean one mission could take you up to 30-40 mins and then if you dont get the carve your after then you will have to fight the wyvern again.

Bring it on I say! :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!