N-Europe

Heroes Season 2 *Spoilers*

Retro_Link

What character development? Hiro spend most of the season backwards, and then at the end got a push to go back to who he was. Peter literally went backwards as he couldn't remember anything, and then became the whiny self-indulged idiot he was last year. Claire once again was like "I hate my dad, I love my dad, I hate my dad" (although did develop a bit). Nathan gained a random drinking problem. His mom is just as sinister as last year. Niki wants to get better and it took her nine episodes, the rest of the time she was conflicted.

I could go on but im forgetting names and need to get dressed.

I like the way you say that, coz you almost make it sound like the first Season was better. I mean, character-wise... bleargh.

Fuck Peter, Hiro and Nikki, I don't give a flying fuck about them, they're cardboard characters! And with the exception of Hiro, they all did jack all on Season 1, in way of character development.

As for Claire, shush man, it was like the epitome of teen angst personified, I loved it.

And again, this Season it's all about Sylar & Elle.

Also, Nathan did got some nice exploring, much better than the first season... as did the whole company founders.

I can't got for that all...Heroes is not well written some of the dialogue can be very clunky. If I'd have written some of that stuff during my degree my tutor would have been tearing his hair out. Even some of the acting can be suspect at times. Note I say can be and at times. This is not all the time and there are emotional moments and well delivered lines.

The thing that keeps it going is the twists and turns not the development. Some of the characters barely develop and just struggle on with whats up.

Oh, I agree, most of the acting is meh and so is the dialogue. That's why I focus on the interesting and involving characters. The twists and turns are ever so predictable, what really keeps me going are some of the characters.

Again, maybe that's just me and that's why the Season 2 had less viewers. It didn't deliver adrenaline. And personally, I think that is the way to go, but apparently when the show comes back, it'll be for the worse(as far as I'm concerned), coz people long for a rush.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has everyone watched this yet, it's well worth a watch...

The 10 Brides of Takezo Kensei

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=200529

Few things to note...

- Adam at one point in time went by the name 'Richard Sanders'... anything to do with Nikki's family history I wonder?

- The ending... either Adam already has a new wife out there in the world who he is certain will someday come to his rescue,

or he's saying the woman that will one day find him is destined to be his next bride.

Either way, be interesting to see if they use this in the Series....

EDIT:

Just done a bit of researching into The 10 Brides of Takezo Kensei...

Seems his latest bride may be Sophie... [not confirmed]

http://www.heroestheseries.com/jessica-collins-joins-heroes-as-the-mysterious-sophie/

The latest cast addition to Heroes Season 2 comes via the Hollywood Reporter, who reports that actress Jessica Collins has joined the growing cast of Heroes. She will play Sophie, described as “a mysterious woman with powers who works at the organization that is tracking all heroes.â€

sophia.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/Sophie

Sophie tracks evolved humans.

Spoilers

8/3 — The Hollywood Reporter describes Sophie as "a mysterious woman with powers who works at the organization that is tracking all heroes."

7/30 — According to Kristin Veitch's blog, Sophie speaks French. "She's the employee of a powerful, mysterious group, and she's 'not afraid to use lethal force to accomplish her mission.'"

Fan Theories

Sophie is Adam Monroe's newest bride. Since she is supposed to have experience tracking evolved humans, that could explain the confidence Adam expresses in The Ten Brides of Takezo Kensei that she will find him.

I read the Brides last night, I completely forgot about the comics so I read through all the ones I missed including the Richard Drucker which is pretty interesting, the kid has the same ability as Charlie and looks to be getting along with Elle.

But the Bride Comic had me have a "oh shit" smile on my face, I wasn't a big fan of Kensei but he was bloody cool, I wasn't sure who the wife might be but from what you posted I think you've got it spot on.

Never did notice the Sanders reference either, I did like the wife that killed him with her lover, threw him off the cliff and he came back and killed them while they slept made me laugh.

What got me though is the kids he had with that one wife, Wonder who they turned out to be and what powers they had (if any)

• 2 months later...

Good news and bad news for Heroes fans. Good news first: Heroes, as everyone knows, is coming back...but what people didn't know is that it's coming back big, according to NBC-owned SciFi.com.

The return for the superhero saga has been set for September 15, but here's the kicker--it's going to be a three-hour event. The season three premiere will be preceded by a one-hour "clip show" catching people up on the first two seasons/volumes, and the premiere itself will be a two-hour episode, which NBC TV exec Ben Silverman calls a "massive two-hour Heroes film."

It was previously revealed that "Chapter Three" would be subtitled "Villains," and focus on ordinary people with extraordinary abilities who use their new found powers for the not-so-good.

Now for the bad news. The proposed stand-alone Heroes spin-off Heroes: Origins is officially dead--for now. Originally designed to expand the Heroes universe while the show was white-hot, Origins was slated to have guest directors and tell stories of new heroes, one of which would eventually be folded into the regular show.

"We were taxing our creative team to do too much around that," Silverman said at the NBC upfront presentation to advertisers in New York yesterday. "We wanted 35 Heroes [episodes] and 12 Heroes: Origins, each of which was supposed to be a mini-movie and backdoor pilot. We reached far and challenged our people, and we decided it was better to focus on keeping the Heroes mothership as strong as possible."

In the meantime, Heroes fans can fill their time thinking about which recently announced Heroes action figure they want to buy.

When you actually look back on Heroes, it's a pretty terrible show.

But damn, it's entertaining.

I wouldn't say terrible although it does have so many faults and is far from perfect but it manages to keep people coming back for more...

• 5 weeks later...

Another new character announced for Season 3...

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/871/871550p1.html

US, May 5, 2008 - Heroes: Season 3 begins filming this month, so expect a steady stream of news to begin coming in for the show, which had a very truncated second season thanks to the writers' strike. The first bit of casting news has arrived, with TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reporting that Brea Grant will have a new role on the series.

Grant made an impression as Landry's adorable MST3K-loving geek girlfriend on Friday Night Lights last season.

On Heroes, Grant's character Joy will have a dependable comic book superpower that hasn't been tapped yet on the series – super speed.

I say 'another' because whilst not officially confirmed, it was rumoured [see up the page] that Jessica Collins is set to play Sophie, the latest bride of Takezo Kensei, in Season 3.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!