Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

HOBBIES

Atomic Boo

One of my hobbies is Photoshop but that's on the computer...

Then I also play the Piano, not very good though but my teacher would disagree here.

Watching DVDs, either ones where I have to think a lot or where I can just watch stunt after stunt (mainly Vin Diesel films).

Reading, gaming magazines, books, also comics (Simpsons, Futurama)

I write and draw and watch cult TV.

What TV, just curious. Cause cult is becoming mainstream (obviously depending on the program) and its an ironic back to front kinda thing. Also, im a fan of TV and im nosey.

So yeah if TV can count, TV. But not in a mindless "ooh pretty people doing things" kinda way (ie Friends) but TV with soul or heart. Or some other body part. Things that make you think, challenge ideology or are feminist. Im a big fan of feminism.

I create stories in my head, but never write them down. Im on the second season of a TV program thats been floating around in my head for about three years.

I'd like to do more photography than I do, as its enjoyable. Just wish I could afford a shiny new camera.

I build, maintain, and fix computers, and mess around with other electronic gadgets quite a lot, and I listen to music all the time. I also like to go driving to random places for no apparent reason. And in the summer I actually play tennis sometimes.

I spend most of my time playing piano, listening to music, going places and watching foreign films! The girlfriend is quite a pleasant past-time 'swel ;)

Oooh! And Lost! Which isn't on at the moment cuz of the fecking baseball! :mad:

What TV, just curious. Cause cult is becoming mainstream (obviously depending on the program) and its an ironic back to front kinda thing. Also, im a fan of TV and im nosey.

So yeah if TV can count, TV. But not in a mindless "ooh pretty people doing things" kinda way (ie Friends) but TV with soul or heart. Or some other body part. Things that make you think, challenge ideology or are feminist. Im a big fan of feminism.

I create stories in my head, but never write them down. Im on the second season of a TV program thats been floating around in my head for about three years.

I'd like to do more photography than I do, as its enjoyable. Just wish I could afford a shiny new camera.

I don't know if my definition of 'cult' has any correlation with yours, but I'm talking about a sizeable fanbase. I try and watch, whenever I have the time: Smallville, Farscape, Stargate, The West Wing, Lost, Andromeda, Star Trek, The Sopranos; things like that.

I don't know if my definition of 'cult' has any correlation with yours, but I'm talking about a sizeable fanbase. I try and watch, whenever I have the time: Smallville, Farscape, Stargate, The West Wing, Lost, Andromeda, Star Trek, The Sopranos; things like that.

I'd say those are mostly mainstream, with the exceptions of perhaps Farscape, Stargate and Andromeda. Im not one of those people who are like "How dare you call those cult blah blah blah" but I find it interesting the way previous cult tv programs (going by the def of not really hit the mainstream in any serious way) have become quite popular. Its this whole idea that geek is coming back in.

All I do IS play videogames n be on the computer. I'm always on here 'cos of Jo :)

I guess I could say watching TV, but everyone does that so...!!! I hardly ever go out. Costs money to do anything other than just hanging around, which I never do in the winter.

I ALWAYS go out if it's snowed decently though, which is like once a year. Didn't snow enough here last winter though :weep:

Well, gaming and being on the Net are like, my main passtimes, apart from school. But other than that, drawing/painting is my love and life. Though lately I haven't gotten a lot of time to draw for myself because everything I draw is for school and stuff. And I should be starting on a commission for someone... But yes, drawing's my hobby and one of the main things my money goes to (apart from flight tickets to see the boyfriend...).

I haven't really played many games lately*, but I'd class it as my primary hobby. Other than that I enjoy writing.

Actually, that isn't quite true. I enjoy thinking about writing, but I've noticed a distinct lack of actual copy. Still, should I ever get around to writing my kleptomanical steampunk epic it'll certainly be well planned... and poorly written, but that doesn't seem to stop Dan Brown.

* Well, I play a lot of World of Warcraft, but it's on an RP-PvP server and more for the people than the creaky game mechanics.

erm...

Well i try and got out as much as possible, so at least i'm outside! I often play Tennis (weather is shite here though) and go out to Colchester which is a really nice town! I don't do clubs/pubs or anything like that, it's not my thing and i haven't got many friends because i don't trust anyone...

I LOVE music though, i often sing to my music like constantly, thats probably why i have a bad throat today!

I love reading game magazines as well!

I might buy then read Catcher In The Rye 'EMO', i've haven't heard alot about it, but i know that my fav actor loved it as well, so i may get that!

:grin:

Love laughing at comedy TV shows, and at funny things I see as I'm out and about.

I definitely do not play any musical instrument whatsoever, never. However, I am curious about all the other people here that do. What sort of music do you like playing and have you guys/gals recorded anything?

I might buy then read Catcher In The Rye 'EMO', i've haven't heard alot about it, but i know that my fav actor loved it as well, so i may get that!

The book comes with no blurb - you're supposed to read it without knowing anything about it. I have two copies! I do not know why.

Have you seen teh film Jersey Girl? Jake plays a character who thinks he's Holden Caulfield (the main character in Catcher), which is probably something to do with him liking the book...