N-Europe

Okay, so i witnessed a car crash today.

Caris

I wasn't in it, well i was sort of I'll let you's read this;

Yeah so there were 2 cars full of people, and ours has a bike rack on the back. We were zipping up the motorway doing nothing wrong and this stupid f***ing women driver was right next to us and she thougt "hmm let's move into the left lane, when there's a car right there". So we looked to are right and this car just started drifting over right next to us and the driver in our car steered to the left sharp to avoid her. She slammed her brakes on when she realized she was a few inch's from clipping us. So we look in shock and my mate Richo said "Shit!" while looking behind, and all we saw was that car doing a 180 spin with its tyre hanging off and another car smashing into it. The first thing that came to mind was that it looked exactly like GTA when you shoot a tyre out.

Stupid idiot drivers like that shouldn't be allowed on the road, it's horrid to think that if are driver had slowed down instead of speeding up or not seen that car for 2 seconds later i could be in hospital or even not be here in the worst case scenario.

There's not much point to this thread, i just really wanted to tell it to someone.

That's shitty man. Hope you're alright - and the rest of the people. On my way to uni last year some **** headed small cocked jeep driver just merged right into us. Luckily my mum could swerve in time and nothing was close in the lane to the left of us - otherwise it would have been a crash.

In conclusion: some drivers are absolute *****.

It's a shame that there are so many crap drivers around, but in my experience, 95% of accidents can be avoided by good driving. Usually, they are caused by both drivers not paying enough attention, even though only one would be at fault.

So don't let bad drivers put you off starting driving, if you are good enough, then you should stay safe.

Damn that must have been horrifying.

Did you pull over and see if the other people in the other cars were ok? did you have to give statements to the police? or did you just drive off?

We pulled over about 2 minutes away from where it happened, we saw 2 people get out the car so they looked okay. I rang my mam and asked if we should go back or not and she said if we done nothing wrong no. We would just add to the chaos.

I saw a bad accident driving home from work last year. I was on the motorway, and I noticed a huge cloud of dust on the other side of the road. I looked over, and the front part of a lorry and a car were cartwheeling down the road. I didn't see what caused it, but it didn't look good. Certainly put me off going home the motorway way for a good few months.