N-Europe

The Simpsons Movie

Bluejay

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok isn't it. Just saw it. Not bad but feels very much like a long episode.

It's nowhere near the quality of the south park movie for instance which actually felt like a proper movie.

Wow, that is exactly what i said, almost word for word...were you.....i mean....was i ......channeling you?

Yeah, the scene from the trailer is the only one with those two in I think.

Needs more Moleman too. Not a single speaking line.

That would be the film's main fault, too focused on the main family. Not enough character diversity.

A small fault however, but if you are gay for Moleman you won't get your needs here.

Mr Burns was in the credits as well. He said something along the lines of (to Smithers) "I'm not normally a man to believe in suicide, but if you did it it could cheer me up."

I liked it. It made me laugh and thats all I went there for really. I'm glad someone finally offed Green Day.

Just watched it, and It wasn't too bad, had a few laughs, but I was a bit dissapointed, I heared that Hank scorpio was supposedto be in it =/ was only the VA of the Bad guy, would have been cool if he revealed himsefl to be Scorpio at the end though,. but other than that was awsome.

Just watched it, and It wasn't too bad, had a few laughs, but I was a bit dissapointed, I heared that Hank scorpio was supposedto be in it =/ was only the VA of the Bad guy, would have been cool if he revealed himsefl to be Scorpio at the end though,. but other than that was awsome.

Probably a case of someone who can't differentiate actors from characters misinforming you. (those people annoy me)

Hank Scorpio....now there's a character who has the ability to make a simpsons movie feel like a film, and not a long TV episode.

I was hoping to.

Fair enough.

Hank Scorpio....now there's a character who has the ability to make a simpsons movie feel like a film, and not a long TV episode.

Yeah an elongated You Only Live Twice would have a great movie. If only they had aspirations (or conviction) to make a movie back when Season 8 was being made.

Fair enough.

Yeah an elongated You Only Live Twice would have a great movie. If only they had aspirations (or conviction) to make a movie back when Season 8 was being made.

Well Kamp Krusty (season four) was meant to be the movie. They've had aspirations to make the movie since then.

Anyway. Hank Scorpio would make a good film character because he is a parody of a film character...

Saw this today and I think it was pretty enjoyable. I especially liked the environmental comments and the political ones.

But during almost the whole film I wanted to punch Homer in the face because he was acting so absolutely stupid and got away with it. I mean that happened in some episodes too but he always had to suffer the consequences but here at the end he even is the hero and nobody thinks that this crisis would not even have occured if he didn't mess up.

That was like watching four of the unfunniest Simpsons episodes ever, put together.

Truly, truly shite film for the simple reason that on the whole, it just wasn't funny. There were of course a few chuckle enducing moments, but generally our packed cinema screen was silent throughout.

Horrible. What a fucking waste.

Although I'm not sure what I expected after the past 5-8 years have been awful and not a patch on classic Simpsons from years ago.

I said exactly what the empire review said to my mates when coming out of the cinema, before actually reading it. No bloody burns hardly, it should of been him who was the villian not that crappy new guy. And why was it Arnie who was president and not Mcbane. ( I realise Mcbane is a parody of Arnie, so why the hell did they use him? It baffled me.) And don't even get me started on that annoying thing called Colin and Bart being all wierd wanting to become a Flanders.... OK it was an alright film ( didn't like the sproosed (sp?) up animation either) but I wanted Burnsy!!!!

And while I'm at it, does anyone think like me that Bart's voice sounded slightly different? Maybe it was the improved speaker sound at the cinemas but the tone of the voice sounded out, as did Lisa's now I come to think about it. Maybe I'm being too negative.

I said exactly what the empire review said to my mates when coming out of the cinema, before actually reading it. No bloody burns hardly, it should of been him who was the villian not that crappy new guy. And why was it Arnie who was president and not Mcbane. ( I realise Mcbane is a parody of Arnie, so why the hell did they use him? It baffled me.) And don't even get me started on that annoying thing called Colin and Bart being all wierd wanting to become a Flanders.... OK it was an alright film ( didn't like the sproosed (sp?) up animation either) but I wanted Burnsy!!!!

Burns as a villain would be too tripe. Hes been the villain countless times. The film is, and needed to be, bigger. Having an external force with more power was important.

Arnie was a satire. I think theres a chance (although I heard theres not because he isn't native) that he could be president in a few years. Besides theres less chance McBane, a two-bit action film star from a small town, would be president.

Bart has wanted to be a Flanders before. And it wasn't so much wanting to be one anyway, it was a case of realising (again) Homer is in many ways a shit father. But also oddly a good one to Bart. They are like schoolyard buddies (daring each other and such). Its just Homer never seems to learn he needs to be more than that.

Anyway there were a lot of regulars who were overlooked (but then again, how many regulars are there, like 200?) but thats what the sequels will be for.

Homer did make up what he did, he realised he had to save springfield because he's the one that caused it to be in troube in the first place, he made his way back and risked his life to save the town.

Lisa was very funny, as was bart when he was pissed. I really enjoyed the movie.

and yeh, mr burn as a villian would have been too cliche. I'm also so glad the cat lady was in it.

Did nobody watch the credits?

And does nobody have any understanding on how Hollywood works? Success = sequel.

Yup, I did. The succes its having in america, it was expected to open to about 40 million whereas it actually opened at 71 million, means the likely hood of a sequal is growing.

Its also made over 100 million elsewhere in the world over the weekend, making Meansing its already made 2.5 times its budget.

Considering the emotional drama during Marge's talk with Homer on the tape, you'd expect the reconciliation scene/ending to be a bit better than the lameness we got.

The whole audience groaned as they left, and everyone's vocal chords will still intact due to not laughing properly once.

Fine the story was cool and visually it was nice but it wasn't funny and no where near as moving as it could have been.

in my opinion.

Damn jaded Londoners :p

I think people were either expecting a lot from the film, or they had this (probably rose-tinted) memories of the earlier seasons they had put on a pedastool and would be unwilling to accept anything other than episodes from early seasons.

As I said, it got laughs out of me. Plus it made me realise Marge and Homer are a very typical but romantic couple. I can't remember who but one of the crew said the film's theme is that men should listen to their wives. Which I think is a nice touch. Homer does really take Marge for granted, glad she stood up for herself.

Considering the emotional drama during Marge's talk with Homer on the tape, you'd expect the reconciliation scene/ending to be a bit better than the lameness we got.

The whole audience groaned as they left, and everyone's vocal chords will still intact due to not laughing properly once.

Fine the story was cool and visually it was nice but it wasn't funny and no where near as moving as it could have been.

in my opinion.

My cinema was packed (york vue), and the entire audience was cracking up throughout. Except for the part were they showed Barts junk, there was a resounding shock sort of sound, someone shouted "oooo" and everyone cracked up again.

But the bones of the story had a great message to it.