NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

I think all of his reviews have a lot of truth in them but I still enjoy the games he slates anyway (which is pretty much all of them). He makes judgements of the game which you understand but forget to mention all of the time, and he does it in a very funny way.

He ripped into MGS4 and I couldn't help but think the same as him for the most part, but that didn't stop me enjoying it.

You know I agree wholeheartely with his complaint about the inventory system, why the hell did they have to change it? If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

That could be a good idea, although I was planning to complete pro the cheap way (with the infinite rocket launcher), as it's apparently so bloody hard!

Then S Rank amateur levels, needed to get a couple of the trophies/G anyway (if that's what you're after). Then you'll get quick times too, if you're going through with the best magnum with infinite ammo (recommended). Then you'll have the infinite rocket launcher for pro.

You know I agree wholeheartely with his complaint about the inventory system, why the hell did they have to change it? If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

It's a co-op game. If it retained RE4's inventory system then the action would pause for a few seconds every time one of you is switching weapons, changing ammo types or combining herbs. If it were single-player only this wouldn't be much of an issue, but when two players are involved... well, imagine trying to aim when everything pauses every now and then when you're not expecting it.

It could still be real time though, right? Sure, so long as you don't mind playing itemised Tetris whilst a Reaper repeatedly pokes you in the kidneys.

The inventory system isn't perfect, but it's a lot better suited to the game than a transplant of RE4's would have been. If you manage items intelligently and work with your partner you should almost never have to mess around with your inventory during combat.

just to summerise whats already been said, i'll say i do enjoy yatzees reviews, and they always seem based on truth. what i feel diffrently about is how he seems to hate any game that dosent throw tradition out the window. i like more of the same some times, its like, you have a really nice cake one week, decide youd like more of it. your options are throw it up and eat it again, which eventualy just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, or go out and buy anouther of that cake, its more or less the same but it has all the qualities you enjoyed before, so surly that cant be bad?

as for his view on resi 5, i kinda agreed, but i will stick up for the inventory. outher then the armor bit, that was spot on.

^ Yeah that's what I think too, thing is he has probably played more shooting games than the next person so his tether is probably short for them.

The inentory isn't that bad, but the 9 spots isn't a perfect system, which is why I thought the comment about the swapping being like the fox/chicken bridge crossing problem.

The inventory is indeed quite annoying, and they could have made things a fair bit easier...

For a start, making it so that you could quickly transfer items across using the square button between you and your partner, not just within your own character's space, would have been nice. They should have then made ammo separate to weapons, such as in an ammo case. Last but not least, they should have given you more than 9 slots, as it really wasn't enough if you carried a good few weapons and their ammo.

Also, allowing picking things up to go to your inventory when you were full would have been nice.

Am I the only one who can't get used to playing with Sheva? I mean, why the fuck is she handling things on the left?? It makes me go insane... I can't enjoy the game while playing with Sheva, because I just can't play it right! *Would feel like he'd wasted 50.000 on that Longbow if he didn't have all the other weapons fully upgraded already* :(

This gets me kinda down cause I have nobody to play it with locally and online nobody ever joins my game and when I try joining someone else's game, they're all playing as Chris (I don't blame them, I do the same... lol).

By the way, loved his review! :heh:

Especially when he moaned about Sheva always using the god damned handgun or whichever is the weakest gun she currently possesses. Seriously, I just had to take it away from her and leave her with the AK47 and the third Rifle, to ensure she would actually be using them! (by the way, she's awesome with those 2 weapons, really helpfull).

By the way, loved his review! :heh:

Especially when he moaned about Sheva always using the god damned handgun or whichever is the weakest gun she currently possesses. Seriously, I just had to take it away from her and leave her with the AK47 and the third Rifle, to ensure she would actually be using them! (by the way, she's awesome with those 2 weapons, really helpfull).

Yeah, personally I think the A.I is good but it's only as good as what items you choose to let your partner have, the A.I will start with the weakest weapon and then work their way up which during my first playthrough I didn't mind so much because ammo was kinda of limited and it meant that I had more shotgun shells and machine gun ammo to play with.

But now after completing it about four times I just opted to give Sheva the infinite longbow and nothing else, much better results after that. :)

Oh and true about the left thing, I did get used to it after playing through as Sheva once but after that I just went back to playing as Chris >> lol.

Oh god I laughed when I unlocked tribal Sheva on mercenaries it´s just so... weird using her, the Long Bow is awesome though.

Also the village on mercenaries is just insane.

I preferred Sheva...she took up less space on the screen so you could see more, and playing on the left is what you do with most shooters anyway.

I preferred Sheva...she took up less space on the screen so you could see more, and playing on the left is what you do with most shooters anyway.

You know...3rd Person Shooters should copy The Bourne Conspiricy - click the right stick to move your camera from one side to the other.

I didn't even notice the difference, it doesn't really change anything. You ppl are way to picky!

Just got 1000G on this :)

Congrats Caris :) it's one of those games that gives a good sense of satisfaction after gaining all the achievements, or I found at least.

Can't wait for the dlc.: peace:

But now after completing it about four times I just opted to give Sheva the infinite longbow and nothing else, much better results after that. :)

The best results I've gotten out of her is to let her have only the Handcannon (S&W M500) with infinite ammo turned on. Seriously, she fucking sweeps the whole hordes on her own, I sometimes just sit and watch her kill away. I mean, when you're playing chapter 6 on professional and she single handedly kills every single one of the mercenary majini by herself, I'd say it's pretty much the best you can get out of her! Although it was the last thing I got her to use, since I had to fully upgrade a second Handcannon just for her (I wouldn't give the bitch mine! That one's... mine!), and the priority on such a thing is rather low... but fucking worth it, I tell you!

Ahhh... I've played the damn game too much. :sad: *goes and comforts his copy of MadWorld*

Yeah, except she plays on the right and aims on the left, which is what confuses me! :sad:

You know what! I hate you guys!

I dit not notice the left - right differance until you pointed it out and now I can´t stop noticing it!

Also, bizarre bug, started my second playtrough via xbox live with Vicar and shortly after we had started we realized we weren´t using our pimpin´new outfits so we decide to get to the next auto-save and switch outfits.

A cutscene starts and after the cutscene lo and behold we were wearing our smacking new cloths without selecting them.

If you set Sheva to Attack instead of Cover she'll readily use the more powerful weapons — up to and including rocket launchers — as well as go off and do her own thing a bit more; pick up loot, smash crates, kick bad guys in the chops, etcetera. She also won't run over to use healing items on you unless you're in the orange.

Mundi, bonus costumes don't show up until you've made it through the first part of the intro and received your equipment from inside the butcher's shop.

Also, bizarre bug, started my second playtrough via xbox live with Vicar and shortly after we had started we realized we weren´t using our pimpin´new outfits so we decide to get to the next auto-save and switch outfits.

A cutscene starts and after the cutscene lo and behold we were wearing our smacking new cloths without selecting them.

That always happens, at the point where the guy tells you to check your equipment so for some reason you have to get to that point and from there on you will be wearing your new outfits. :)

Also heres a potetially stupid question ('cos it's a Capcom game) but what does everyone reckon the likelihood is of them adding even more alternative costumes to the game via DLC? :heh:

I think they covered all the bases with the ones that are allready in there but somehow I can just see them milking it if it's possible.

Do the costumes automatically go on when you unlock them?

Because we had not selected them before starting or when we unlocked it.

Yeah, except she plays on the right and aims on the left, which is what confuses me! :sad:

It's been a bit since I played this game but from what I can remember, Sheva was on the side of the screen common in most shooters, or at least that's what they were all going on about on GameFAQs. But since we already played through the game at least once with Chris the change may come at a surprise.

Do the costumes automatically go on when you unlock them?

Because we had not selected them before starting or when we unlocked it.

You can customise to select outfits in the bonus section, IIRC.

You can customise to select outfits in the bonus section, IIRC.

I know that but I had not put the costume on when it happened.