NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

Thats what i realised...your BMI includes Muscle right? and Muscle is heavy...so if your over cause your Muscley i wouldn't worry...Have i got that right?

See, i'm thin..with hardly any Muscle..so if i'm over it's cause of fat..(I want more Muscle but my patience is appalling, i give up to easily..)

Thats what i realised...your BMI includes Muscle right? and Muscle is heavy...so if your over cause your Muscley i wouldn't worry...Have i got that right?

absolutely

Reserved a copy at my local Argos this morning, but Tesco had some in stock, and after a long wait (old woman on the entertainment desk having trouble finding it) I got my Wii Fit for just under £65. I looked very smug walking back to my car with my Wii Fit "suitcase" :heh:

I was more excited opening and setting this up, than I was with my 360 last Friday! It's a lot of fun, and a great game and lifestyle accessory bundle. Jogging and the step excercises are strangely addictive, Yoga is intresting, the "proper" mini-games are just brilliant and the muscle excercise's are painful but the pain will be worth it in the end, I hope. Looking forward to see what BB games Nintendo will show off at E3!

Can't quite master the hula hoop though :(

Oh, and yes, I'm over-weight....tut tut

Well, it doesn't really matter, if your body mass is too high it's high, regardless of being about muscle or fat, it just means that your body shouldn't be handling all that weight.

I think.

Well, it doesn't really matter, if your body mass is too high it's high, regardless of being about muscle or fat, it just means that your body shouldn't be handling all that weight.

I think.

Nah. What goes for one person doesn't neccesarily go for another due to a different genetic makeup or how far they take their exercise:

BMI can be calculated quickly and without expensive equipment. However, BMI categories do not take into account many factors such as frame size and muscularity.[9] The categories also fail to account for varying proportions of fat, bone, cartilage, water weight, and more.

Despite this, BMI categories are regularly regarded as a satisfactory tool for measuring whether sedentary individuals are "underweight," "overweight" or "obese" with various qualifications, such as: Individuals who are not sedentary being exempt - athletes, children, the elderly, the infirm, and individuals who are naturally endomorphic or ectomorphic (i.e., people who don't have a medium frame).

One basic problem, especially in athletes, is that muscle is denser than fat. Some professional athletes are "overweight" or "obese" according to their BMI - unless the number at which they are considered "overweight" or "obese" is adjusted upward in some modified version of the calculation.

take from: Wiki on BMI

My wii called me obese and made my wii appear with a bulging stomach....

now i am going to become bulemic, anorexic as well as an excerise fanantic!!

Distorted body image is a serious issue expecially for young people. I cant believe that nintendo thought it was a good idea to throw accusations based on BMI. BMI is a crap measure especially for young developing kids.

My main issue is how they made my mii appear as a fat bastard...not nice! And called me obese without any disclaimers.

I hope they get sued ! or the Daily Mail picks up on this. Nintendo are usually so over cautious about their games and young people's vulnerability. Something went wrong here.

I guess eating disorders arnt a big issue in Japan.

"Your BMI is essentially a measure of overall body mass, based on adult height and weight. However, Wii Fit is still capable of calcuating BMI for people aged between 2 and 20, but the resulting figures may not be entirely accurate for younger age groups due to varying rates of development....Please note that people with more muscle mass than normal, such as bodybuilders, will have a higher BMI because of the heavy weight of muscle tissue."

Page 14 of the manual.

My main issue is how they made my mii appear as a fat bastard...not nice! And called me obese without any disclaimers.

It did that to me. Oh how i cried.

Just a question, I've got Wii Fit arriving in the next couple of days and just wondered how slippy is the balance board? Is it alright to use it with socks on?

Otherwise I might get a cheap cover for it.

Got the game a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it. Flying through the muscle exercises at the moment and have unlocked the press-up and jackknife challenges, although haven't tried them yet.

The yoga stuff is good as well although I don't really like the aerobic exercises, especially the jogging, seems to me that you might as well just go out and jog!

Just a question, I've got Wii Fit arriving in the next couple of days and just wondered how slippy is the balance board? Is it alright to use it with socks on?

I just tested it briefly and it should be ok. Why not just go bare foot though?

Had a really nice surprise after doing the body test today. I made it in to the ideal section! :yay::

wiifitgraphla7.jpg

Check out the huge dip on the second dot, spent a bit too much time on it the first day I think. :laughing:

But 2 weeks in and the results are pretty clear. Have to admit I was mega skeptical about Wii Fit in a weight gaining context, but looks like I was wrong. I've been sticking to only the yoga and muscle training and it seems to be working!

I'm much more confident about reaching my goal now. :smile:

Has anyone else that's trying to gain weight noticed an improvement?

Yeah you could get a cover for it to keep it clean, but its fine with socks and like Eddage says, its good to go bare foot on it!

So my girlfriend wants a copy of this pretty desperately, does anyone know any sites where it's in stock? Don't want to pay ebay prices.

So my girlfriend wants a copy of this pretty desperately, does anyone know any sites where it's in stock? Don't want to pay ebay prices.

I used this site which searches for stock and refreshes every 60 seconds.

I just tested it briefly and it should be ok. Why not just go bare foot though?
No yeah I could just go bare foot, but it's just a bit of a hassle taking shoes and socks off all the time, plus like darksnowman said, the cover would just keep it abit nicer.

I used this site which searches for stock and refreshes every 60 seconds.
Yep I used that site for a while aswell, would recommend it.

Happened to be searching hmv.co.uk one time though and noticed that they had it in-stock and managed to grab my copy from there. Strangely they aren't on that website so I would reccomend checking their website every now and then.

Wow. Neglected this for a few days and took a body test and it says I had gained four pounds so did a bit of yoga, steps, 50 jacknifes and a 20 minute jog and I lost nine pounds, placing me at 7 stone 7ish. Granted it may change in the morning or whatever due to natural fluxation but still, damn.

Wow. Neglected this for a few days and took a body test and it says I had gained four pounds so did a bit of yoga, steps, 50 jacknifes and a 20 minute jog and I lost nine pounds, placing me at 7 stone 7ish. Granted it may change in the morning or whatever due to natural fluxation but still, damn.
There's no way you could of lost 9 pounds from a 30 min workout! It would be unhealthy to do so!

There's no way you could of lost 9 pounds from a 30 min workout! It would be unhealthy to do so!

I know, I presume its some weird anomoly thing. But shhh, I'll bask in this happy for now :p

(and it was 42 minutes of workout :p)

I am playing/training for 7 days and lost 0,7kg. I am obese. :( I set my goal to lose 8kg in 3 months i hope i can make it. :)

ps - sorry for bad english

I know, I presume its some weird anomoly thing. But shhh, I'll bask in this happy for now :p

(and it was 42 minutes of workout :p)

lol, ok I'll leave you to your glory!

So for people who are already at a good weight level, how is this game for you? Is it having any effect on your fitness at all?

Whats everyones workout schedule like? I usually just go through all the muscle exercises then try a long run but its gettting pretty hard now. So i might try and do arms one day and legs the next? Dont know how effective it will be. Never do yoga either and maybe i should

Im struggling to do it everyday. Its hard to find that 30 minutes >.>

Had a really nice surprise after doing the body test today. I made it in to the ideal section! :yay::

wiifitgraphla7.jpg

Check out the huge dip on the second dot, spent a bit too much time on it the first day I think. :laughing:

But 2 weeks in and the results are pretty clear. Have to admit I was mega skeptical about Wii Fit in a weight gaining context, but looks like I was wrong. I've been sticking to only the yoga and muscle training and it seems to be working!

I'm much more confident about reaching my goal now. :smile:

Has anyone else that's trying to gain weight noticed an improvement?

Mines was steadily improving during this week. My goal was to gain 5 pounds over 2 weeks since I was underweight. Was closing in on Tuesday or so, but i've barely had enough time to do exercises. Though saying that, i've done my test really early today, I normally do mine around 10/11 so i'll see what it's like then :heh:

When I done mine today it said I lost 3 stone. I'm starving though.