NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

Ah okay. But overweight? That sounds a little OTT! Well done on the big drop though. Wii Fit is great for (if nothing else) making you aware!

I've been on a mission with it. Went to America, came back and lost 4 lbs. 3 days later I'd lost another 2!! Comfortably in the Ideal zone now!!

You went to America and lost weight? Impressive. :bowdown:

Congrats to Nicktendo also.

I've been training for about half an hour every couple of days, to ease me back in.

Last year I was on it every day for about an hour, which was perhaps too much. I intend to take it a bit easier this time.

I've lost a pound since I started at the end of March.

Has anyone here thought of how cool it would be if Wii Fit incorporated SD card support so you could listen to your own music while doing the running or other exercises that take about 10mins or more to complete. Imagine doing step to your fave track. How cool would that be? Music can be such a powerful motivational tool don't ya think?

Great idea. I would definitely use that feature. Some fast techno would be ideal for beating high scores!

It would be cool if you could listen to instructional tapes too, somehow. Learning Spanish while jogging would exercise the brain as well as the body. Although the exertion may well kill a few people I suppose.

Has anyone here thought of how cool it would be if Wii Fit incorporated SD card support so you could listen to your own music while doing the running or other exercises that take about 10mins or more to complete. Imagine doing step to your fave track. How cool would that be? Music can be such a powerful motivational tool don't ya think?

I listen to my MP3 player when I do my daily 30 mins steps, but yeah it would be cool, as it would save me some batteries. :heh:

I've been playing again this week as I'm back at my parents' place - I ache all over! Press up and Side Stands are so bloody knackering! I did 3 sets of them yesterday, now my arms kill! I like the Press up challenge, I completely caned my trainer at them!

Also, I recommend everyone does "The Warrior" yoga pose, it's awesome!

Guys, I'm still aching from Wiifit...gonna attempt some cardio today - I unlocked that Super Hula Hoop thing yesterday - almost killed myself doing it! What a great way to lose weight!

*bump*

I fired up Wii Fit last Sunday after lunch to see what I weighed after Christmas. I'd gained a few pounds, understandably. *reminisces about Thorntons* These days I feel like I simply don't have enough time on my hands to get everything done so I was thinking about quitting the gym (I've been squeezing it in but its been a chore to do so plus now its January its uber busy as it is at the start of every year). I put Wii Fit on again on Monday night to see whats on it and decide if I could realistically ditch the gym and still look after myself. Enough blabbering about my personal life, this is the message it greeted me with:

IMAG0159.jpg

:o Land mark!

Whoa, 1,000 days! Can't remember if I got it on launch day, but it was certainly very close after. I've not used it every day (nowhere near!) but its mental to think that the Balance Board has been with us this long now.

All I did on it on Monday night was a hula (still rubbish at it), some ski jumping, some stepping (quite like this) and a jog, which unlocked the free jogging mode... and my calfs were killing me for days after! How can running on the spot be so painful. :laughing:

I got the same message recently too. Except with your name replaced with mine, obviously. Otherwise, I'd have the same name as you, which would be freaky. But not impossible I suppose.

Um. Anyhoo, I bought Wii Fit Plus a while back and I still haven't played it in earnest. It appealled because you can apparently queue up a series of exercises to create your own fitness program instead of constantly having to fetch the Wiimote, put it down again and so on.

It also has lots of extra games and exercises to try out, though there's still no 'Angry Sergeant' Workout Trainer available.

I'll get back into it one of these months.

Um. Anyhoo, I bought Wii Fit Plus a while back and I still haven't played it in earnest.

Get it on for some flapping and then some bum maths. :heh:

I've played the bog standard Wii Fit with a definite lack of earnest. I had it on on Sunday afternoon for a quick blast after posting here, and after doing a body test (29 years old...), I unlocked the Mii head stamp as that was my 30th time stamping. I thought I would have played it more times than thirty during that 1,000 days. :blank:

It also has lots of extra games and exercises to try out, though there's still no 'Angry Sergeant' Workout Trainer available.

"'Ere's the next pattern!"