NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

my mum got a copy for £75 on ebay including postage. Will be getting it tomorrow or saturday

God, can anyone resist more than 30 secs on the Zazen game (the final balance game)? I always lose when the strange letters appear and the guy screams. Is there anything special one has to do?

I've done it right to the end. Lasts for 3 minutes.

I last 57 seconds, I just closed my eyes.

Anywho. Just done an hour long session, finishing with a 11 min jog and then I reweighed myself and had gained 2 pounds, what the frak?

I last 57 seconds, I just closed my eyes.

Anywho. Just done an hour long session, finishing with a 11 min jog and then I reweighed myself and had gained 2 pounds, what the frak?

Muscles. It must be you gaining loads and loads of muscles :P

Muscles. It must be you gaining loads and loads of muscles :P

But I am only a pound off reaching my ideal weight (which people would disagree with but I like round numbers :p).

Although yeah I am trying to gain muscle. Thats the one thing this game could do with. Basically saying "I want to improve such and such" and it reccomends exercise for that.

That and selecting body type. My friend who is built was weighed and classed as overweight.

Whoop! Just did the ultimate balance challenge.

Unfortunately you don't seem to get anything for it or even get rated on it.

Rabbish! :(

Whoop! Just did the ultimate balance challenge.

Unfortunately you don't seem to get anything for it or even get rated on it.

Rabbish! :(

I managed to do it today too! :yay:

You're right though, shame you don't get anything for it. Well, apart from being asked if you want to challenge your record. :indeed: At which point I was reminded of this:

http://carvallo.ytmnd.com/

"Would you like to play, again? You have selected, no." :laughing:

At which point I was reminded of this:

http://carvallo.ytmnd.com/

"Would you like to play, again? You have selected, no." :laughing:

Haha oh my god I think I have just listened to this for the last 15 minutes constantly without realising it.

My body is starting to get toned and firm ;) I'm getting "touched" more than usual by girls when I'm not wearing a shirt now.

I like to think It's because of Wii fit ;)

My body is starting to get toned and firm ;) I'm getting "touched" more than usual by girls when I'm not wearing a shirt now.

I like to think It's because of Wii fit ;)

This post is up there with the best haha

Hmm so free jog doesn't just let you go anywhere, its just for a set period of time? Damn.

I'm very disapointed in the 3rd step. I love the step ones and there's only 2, and one of them is irratatingly simple. The 2nd one is great, I was well excited to unlock the third an all it is is free step, you can do what you want whilst you watch the tele!?!?!?!?! Brilliant....... I want a stupidly long and fast step programme not do what I want!

it would be cool if 3rd party games like a namco dance mat game contributed to your wii fit score and fit cash .

Got this today :). Is there anyway i can check my bmi and weight without doing a body test?

Got this today :). Is there anyway i can check my bmi and weight without doing a body test?

The body test is essentially just weighing you

The talknig balance board is right tho. Lose too much too quickly and you end up putting some back on...lost 6 in half a week...put 3 on now :(

I lost 6 somehow on my 2nd day(i'm sure I did something wrong). Slowly gained back to my first weight the other day and now i've lost another pound. I'm not trying to lost weight, my goal is to gain 5 from my starting weight, now I need to get a pound a day to reach the target ¬_¬

Hey guys, I was having a chat with my flatmate about WiiFit and the reaction of the population to the phenomenon, her being a psychology student who does stuff like sociology. She came up with a really interesting point.

A lot of people have said about how Wii Fit has helped them to actually look at themselves get some perspective on how much exercise they do and how fit they are. But could this self-awareness be detrimental? The population already has quite a large personal self-image problem and disorders like anorexia are rife so could Wii Fit actually feed this growing problem? Could this game be another way of the world telling you to be thing?

Now, neither of us have actually played the game and obviously I know more about it then she does but that still isn't really hands on. What do you people think?

Hmm I suppose it falls into the uses and gratifications theory. Yes some people may use it to set unhealthy targets, but is that reason enough to say the game is potentially a problem (and hey, more troublesome games came out that week ;)) and should be considered a health risk?

Ultimatly, you can only be victim to the world telling you what to do if you're willing to listen to it and buy into it. The game isn't providing you with anything a gym or hell, a set of weights and some how-to DVDs will teach you. I think Wii Fit has the potential to offer people the exercise (and yoga etc) techniques to lose weight/stay in shape but also offer a game-like score/reward system to provide them with reason enough to play regularly.

The talknig balance board is right tho. Lose too much too quickly and you end up putting some back on...lost 6 in half a week...put 3 on now :(

I warned you! The talking Balance Board warned you! Don't you listen, Eager McBeaver?

I warned you! The talking Balance Board warned you! Don't you listen, Eager McBeaver?

No I don't...you don't know what its like to be me lol

Wii fit want's me to gain 6Kg (1stone/14pounds).

I'm going to try doing that while i exercise each day.

In-Stock at hmv.co.uk!

Just ordered a copy.

Wii fit want's me to gain 6Kg (1stone/14pounds).

I'm going to try doing that while i exercise each day.

Does the game have many ways of helping you put on weight?

dont pay too much attention to BMI...

Most rugby players would be classed as obese when they really are quite atheletic build.

Better measures are fat distreibution with callipers.