Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Well everyone's different and i was just stating my view on it (and it just shows how passionate i am about this when i have a USA Wii).

Having said all that, the amount of time between US/ Jap releases and the time games come to Europe is a disgrace.

Thats my main problem, no-one can disagree with that.

Anyway, back to Mario Kart and not it's actual release date, is looking much better and more polished then before and i'm loving the look of the bikes! Lets just hope it controls ok with that wii wheel.

I think Power-ups will probs be attained from stunts and stuff. Also,Id love it if they do what they did in ctr when you pressed r to do a little hop, so just as you get to the top of a ramp, press hop button and it sends you higher into air than usual. Shortcuts anyone? Im thinking of that polar level where you jump over the brick wall. Mario kart games never had the best circuits. Diddy Kong seemed to get the perfect balance and the shortcuts were always awesome.

also take the landing boost from ctr, kart only had it when you were placed back on the stage from after falling off

another cool addition would to add the slam from mkdd wen in co-op

that would make the game complete

You use it all the fucking time if you do any drifting/powersliding whatsoever. As in it's integral to the gameplay experience.

I know you effing hop when powersliding but what makes that important? In double dash there's no hop and you still drift. OK maybe there's like 1 shortcut where you can jump over a little gap in the floorboards in Boardwalk but that is it.

New screenshots

And some new info/rumours

- D.K’s snowboard Cross is a half pipe sort of track. You’ll be able to drive up the side of them and pull off awesome tricks in the air.

- Miis will be spectators in the background.

- Luigi’s circuit is still a simple track.

- Koopa Troopa will be a playable character.

- Coconuts Mall has players driving around a huge mall with multiple routes.

- D.K has a new go-kart.

- Names hover over players during online play.

- Motor bike will be able to be used online.

Finally, numerous retailers are now reporting that the game will launch in Europe on April 25th, which is just fifth teen days after it’s ‘confirmed’ launch in Japan.

Source : Nintencast

awesome .... i hope we get this instead of brawl. Graphics dont look so hot but then nor did excite truck

I agree, lol.

D.K still looks wonky to me, he seems identical to the DK64 one- yes, I would recognise that backside anywhere after that game. :laughing:

Some nice snowy pics amongst those, thanks for the link Welshie.

What are you going on about? Seriously we are talking about the release dates of European games aren't we?

I don't give a **** if you think i'm spoilt or not, we're talking about release dates and the way NOE treat us.

Yes....but the reason people are like it is due to being impatient.

Everyone has 'different' tastes as well, whats all this about over-shadowing? I can assure you people wouldn't care if 3 Nintendo brand games were released within a month or so, they would buy the game first which most appeals to them and leave the others on the shelf which would appeal to someone else.

You've just stated my point exaclty. Many people would simply buy the game that was advertised last and they liked the look of.

You also said about leaving the others on the shelf...NINTENDO don't want that; it's not about what YOU want.

also most people on here seem to complete the game within a weekend anyway.

Yeah.....People on here.....Gamers...not the general public.

Oh...and I've "missed" lots of games that I liked the look of, some which I've now bought, others I haven't...and it's usually because there was something I prefered the look of out at a similar time and haven't got round to getting it because other new games keep coming etc etc.

I don't really see the appeal of bikes and stunts tbh, Mario Kart should just be about the basics and not having to concentrate on doing a flip or whatever. It takes quite a lot of concentration to do a perfect lap and stunts probs a bit too much, unless they are used sparingly.

I may be talking out of my arse, so I'll wait and see.