NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I dunno if this has been posted but does everyone know that Mario Kart installs an update that blacks the freeloader?

Soy Sauce.

I dunno if this has been posted but does everyone know that Mario Kart installs an update that blacks the freeloader?

Soy Sauce.

Previous page. :p

This really, really sucks.

We dont know if thats accurate. A friend of mine said there was no update...

But who knows, we'll see

So, what controller is everyone gonna use

If this does block the Freeloader, I won't be getting it for a while, at least until the PAL Brawl date is announced.

Read this on Gonintendo. Sorry if this has been posted, but there's just too much to read here lately

Freeloader does not work with Japanese Mario Kart Wii

April 8th, 2008

Our buddy Josh Thomas sent the bad news our way. No Japanese import of Mario Kart Wii for him! The Freeloader has been blocked for this release. He received an email from Play-Asia that let him know…

This is an important e-mail update regarding your pending preorder Mario Kart Wii (w/ Wii Handle) (Nintendo™ Wii Japan, NTSC J)

We received the first small delivery today for testing and unfortunately we have to inform you, that the game is not compatible with the Datel Freeloader (US and PAL Version).

In case that this affects your preorder, please contact our customer service as soon as possible to amend/cancel your order, as otherwise we will ship your order within the next 48 hours.

If you own a Japanese Wii and you do not want to change your orders, you do not have to reply to this email.

Once again thanks for shopping with us and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Ill try the wheel, then probably default to Wavebirdage.

Edit;/ People need to start reading this thread.

Mines has been sent aswell, should arrive tomorrow at some point on my day off :D

Still dunno what to believe right now about the whole Freeloader thing. Wait till a forumer has posted what happens.

Ooo my order shipped

Guess I'll find out tomorrow

*puts in what may be some final playtime into Brawl before UK release*

..one of those characters brought a smile to my face.. it was really unexpected, but in including that character they seem to have overlooked a few more obvious choices (from that line of games..)

I think some obvious choices have been overlooked in favor of more random characters because they are easier to do. Many unlockables share very similar 3D model with other characters (don't know about animations).

Daisy (and maybe Rosalina) = Peach

Baby Luigi = Baby Mario

Bowser bones = Bowser

Dry bones = Koopa Troopa

Funky = DK

Baby Peach = Baby Daisy

Toadette = Toad

That's why I expect Dixie to be the last one since she is just Diddy with a ponytail.

Also, we need confirmation whether folk used the alternate method or not with the Freeloader and Mario Kart.

I think some obvious choices have been overlooked in favor of more random characters because they are easier to do. Many unlockables share very similar 3D model with other characters (don't know about animations).

Daisy (and maybe Rosalina) = Peach

Baby Luigi = Baby Mario

Bowser bones = Bowser

Dry bones = Koopa Troopa

Funky = DK

Baby Peach = Baby Daisy

Toadette = Toad

That's why I expect Dixie to be the last one since she is just Diddy with a ponytail.

Yeh.. Dixie is actually the other one I would like to see in it and she was who I was referring to when I said a more obvious character was overlooked. I really wish K. Rool was in there, but it isn't gonna happen I imagine, which is a shame :hmm:

Yeh.. Dixie is actually the other one I would like to see in it and she was who I was referring to when I said a more obvious character was overlooked. I really wish K. Rool was in there, but it isn't gonna happen I imagine, which is a shame
:hmm:

Agreed. Definitely need more King K Roolage please Nintendo! DK is a great franchise. Anyway just realised, wasn't Dixie confirmed sometime?

Am I sad for wanting to play with the Wheel before goin onto the controller? :p

Ill try the wheel, then probably default to Wavebirdage.

Edit;/ People need to start reading this thread.

As I said, there has been too many posts lately. I won't go through a dozen pages about a discussion I don't care about.

Does anyone know how big the box is? It doesn't look like mine will be sent today, so I'm worried that I won't get it before Saturday.

I think Ive seen the box in the flesh (not sure if it was the game or a promo) but if it was the game then its slightly bigger than expected. (Ie, about the size of the wheel and case in a box, but bigger, ie not snug) But as I said, not sure on box or promo.

As I said, there has been too many posts lately. I won't go through a dozen pages about a discussion I don't care about.

(No probs, I only said so as two peeps posted that after the original post)

Am I sad for wanting to play with the Wheel before goin onto the controller? :p

..am I sad for wanting to play with the wheel and not use a standard controller at all?

I don't think so :heh: ..I'm interested in playing in a different way, something the Wii (and of course, DS) is about. I can stick in Double Dash and play it with the GC pad, but I'm looking for a new challenge and defeinitely looking forward to trying to get to grips with the Wii Wheel :smile:

The rest of you can play however you like :heh:

I didn't order this, I'm hoping I'll see it in stores.

I didn't order this, I'm hoping I'll see it in stores.

Me too, I've never pre ordered a game before since I've never had a problem walking into a store on a games release day and picking it up. But all the broken release dates and noise of limited stock are making me a little nervous.

Got this reserved in Game, so a hat shall be had.

FUNKY KONG!! What a great addition, the DKC series is rich with characters that they can draw upon. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics having that Kremling like character in it makes me want a proper Kremling to be used in other Mario games because it was a nice touch to see them being used as keepers in Mario Footy.

One other thing, I thought Dixie was confirmed a while ago...?

I pre-ordered this only last Friday instore at GAME but they told me I'd have a copy ready on Friday (I'm picking up on the Saturday tho...)

As for anyone playing the game with the GC controller, I understand why you might want to do that, but don't give up on the Wheel, from what I played it's a really fun method of playing. I too will eventually use my GC controllers but I wanna use the wheel for at least the first play thru.

Mine got sent today from hmv.com :). Takes ages for post to arrive here for some reason :\

I pre-ordered this only last Friday instore at GAME but they told me I'd have a copy ready on Friday (I'm picking up on the Saturday tho...)

As for anyone playing the game with the GC controller, I understand why you might want to do that, but don't give up on the Wheel, from what I played it's a really fun method of playing. I too will eventually use my GC controllers but I wanna use the wheel for at least the first play thru.

I really like the wheel, it makes Excitetruck even better in my opinion anyway!

i'll be a Remote user. Or perhaps a nunchuk.

according to Miyamoto, you've got serious bragging rights if you place highly with the Wii Remote/*wat-o-Wheel, so when i'm overtaking you chumps, remember to show some respect.