NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

1) To screw NOE over for limiting how many pal copies are available for the UK release date.
Don't you think the rest of Europe should be inclined to have a share? Don't think you're cool being like this...

Don't you think the rest of Europe should be inclined to have a share? Don't think you're cool being like this...

Maybe, but I have this feeling that it's Nintendo artificially limiting the numbers to make the game appear sold out.

That's what happened with the likes of Mario Galaxy during x-mas right ?

Buying an American version won't help in anyway though, especially if you're the only one doing it.

Maybe, but I have this feeling that it's Nintendo artificially limiting the numbers to make the game appear sold out.

Wait a second, from what I've gathered, you're suggesting that Nintendo has (random figure) 2 million copies of Mario Kart for Europe, and even though they have them packed, ready to ship off and they're pretty confident in the games ability to sell through the initial batchment, they keep half a million copies of the game for exactly what purpose?

And what proof do you have they're doing this? I honestly couldn't see why they would hold back stock and generate less sales, unless I'm missing something here?

Didn't Nintendo say that the numbers of Mario Kart for Wii around the world will already be limited compared to other games because they are having to produce the Wii Wheel as well?

I am likely to buy this game this Friday or over the weekend in HMV, however I am giving myself self discipline as I won't buy the game if I have not done significant revision and homework for my exams.

1) To screw NOE over for limiting how many pal copies are available for the UK release date.

2) To see how well the freeloader will hold up :)

Im laughing in the outside, but crying in the inside...

Maybe,
Maybe? You're kidding.
but I have this feeling that it's Nintendo artificially limiting the numbers to make the game appear sold out.
Why the hell?

No, the game sold out. You can't physically produce the amount of SMGs Nintendo sold, and still hope to keep up decent supplies for MP3 and BWii and all the other games selling huge numbers.

What's this ridicilous grudge you have against Nintendo?

I've been away for a few days and this thread has just exploded. Boy do I ahve some things to add, but I'm still away at my girlfriends and don't have the time I need to launch my attack ;)

Be aware, tomorrow I return!

'Order Placed' according to Play.com

Phew... :)

Mine too O.o and thats after them telling me that wouldn't get my pre-ordered copy via e-mail :/ Idk what they are playing at but I'm gonna let the extra copy go through if it does... I mean £29.99 and if it's sold out then i can easily make that back by selling it to someone who wants it anyways. :) we shall see...

I'm still gonna get my main copy from my local independant retailer though.

Hmmm, it is possible that they got more stock than they originally thought, or that people who didn't get the e-mails (customers who ordered before Feb) thought that it might risky ordering with Play, after hearing about stock issue's, thus cancelling their orders, meaning that there is stock available for people who ordered in February and got the warning e-mails, like yourself.

Even if stock is limited at my local GAME Store I bet on launch you could still easily walk into lesser shops that sell games and get a copy each. I'm picking up my copy on the day, and IF GAME is out of stock then I can hit

Gamestation

Woolworths

BIG W

ASDA

WHSMITH

and if all else fails it's just a 20min drive into Sutton to hit more of the above or Birmingham.

..what does it mean to have 'order placed' on Play.com? I was told I wasn't getting it and so I went to GAME and put an order in there (to get my hat.. which I now want..)

Does this mean Play.com actually do have one for me? Or does it mean that once one comes back in stock I will get one? I am not yet sure if I should cancel or not :hmm:

Mine too O.o and thats after them telling me that wouldn't get my pre-ordered copy via e-mail :/ Idk what they are playing at but I'm gonna let the extra copy go through if it does... I mean £29.99 and if it's sold out then i can easily make that back by selling it to someone who wants it anyways. :) we shall see...

I'm still gonna get my main copy from my local independant retailer though.

SAVE THAT COPY FOR ME! By the time i get some money, the game may be sold out so save it for me please :bowdown: Can i have the hat too? :heh:

SAVE THAT COPY FOR ME! By the time i get some money, the game may be sold out so save it for me please :bowdown: Can i have the hat too? :heh:

Sure, if it goes through then your welcome to purchase it from me :) (assuming nothing goes wrong my independant retailer supposedly getting 15 copies guarenteed in stock) and erm hat? O.o I think thats only Game exclusive.

Sure, if it goes through then your welcome to purchase it from me :) (assuming nothing goes wrong my independant retailer supposedly getting 15 copies guarenteed in stock) and erm hat? O.o I think thats only Game exclusive.

cool thanks. Dunno why i wanted the hat really...

Major Spoilage alert!

Dry Bones Bowser

IMAGE_016-1.jpg

Funky Kong

IMAGE_015-1.jpg

Rosalina

IMAGE_023.jpg

What the hell was that first one?

What the hell was that first one?

It's Dry Bones Bowser from the DS Mario Bros game.

No I didn't see that. Dry Bones Bowser? Surely there were better choices than an alternate version of Bowser and Baby Peach?

Funky Kong is...an interesting choice...

No I didn't see that. Dry Bones Bowser? Surely there were better choices than an alternate version of Bowser and Baby Peach?

Funky Kong is...an interesting choice...

Yeah some interesting choices there

OH MY FUCKING GOD, GOOD AND BAD.

FUNKY KONG!!!!!!!!!! GET THE FUCK IN!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

BABY DAISY? I AM FUCKING SEEING THIS SHIT? WTF IS THAT!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

BABY DAISY? I AM FUCKING SEEING THIS SHIT? WTF IS THAT!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's really That...:shakehead

Nintendo really amaze me sometimes with their weird and awful choices. At least, it seems they don't want to put Petey Piranah in every single Mario spin-off game anymore. Now I expect babies everywhere.

Even among babies, why Daisy?!? She is probably the least loved character of mario spin-off games (maybe because she's just a Peach palette swap).

Baby DK, baby Wario, baby Bowser and baby Yoshi already exists and are ten times better.

Maybe they want to make a new pair for other games like Mario Tennis wii? Toadsworth is crying alone in his corner now.

Anyway, I love the inclusion of Funky and Dry Bowser and the come back of Dry bones (skeleton FTW!! and it reminds me of SMW :heart:) and Toadette.

Nearly complete character roster (seems one is missing):

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Daisy

Yoshi

Bowser

Toad

Wario

Waluigi

DK

Bowser Junior