NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

i'll be a Remote user. Or perhaps a nunchuk.

according to Miyamoto, you've got serious bragging rights if you place highly with the Wii Remote/****-o-Wheel, so when i'm overtaking you chumps, remember to show some respect.

Yeah but that also implies the game's just easier with a Gamecube pad ;)

I would try out the wheel first though, it's the new system and if I did buy the game, it would probably help to differentiate it slightly from DD from a first experience POV. I'd probably as mentioned before go with the Cube pad, but I would definitely try the wheel out first.

If my Brawl really has fucked up then I'll have to sell it and settle for this game.

But then Ive unlocked and achieved a lot in Brawl so its really annoying. Will asking for a new freeloader work at any site I ordered from. Thing is, it might not even be the problem. And if Ive already had a freeloader that works, then I cant see it doing much.

Is Boo playable from the start?

I reckon Kritter should be in it. Such a legend.

according to Miyamoto, you've got serious bragging rights if you place highly with the Wii Remote/*wat-o-Wheel, so when i'm overtaking you chumps, remember to show some respect.

That alone is making me play with the Wii wheel.

seems to be Birdo. No screens yet since it hasn't been unlocked but its name has been seen during ending credits.

:heh:

Great news post Tellyn, liked the Formatting a lot.

Anyway the thing here is although there are plenty of characters, which is great, it's likely I'm just gonna use one. In DD it was always Toad and Baby Mario for powerups, what about everyone else?

Mario Kart isnt like Brawl where you use different characters for a change. I just use Toad and forget the rest. Better tracks/more tracks is much better than more characters.

So i guess Brawl characters are more important than stages but its the other way round in Mario Kart imo

Yeah but that also implies the game's just easier with a Gamecube pad ;)

No, it implies that considering that you don't have to hold the controller steady and since we're used to racing in normal controllers, it's natural that we get better times with a GC pad, at least at first. There's nothing hard about steering a weel, in fact, it seams easier than using a control stick.

God I can't wait for this game, gutted I'm away sunday to wednesday and then I go into production on my short. But then first 2 weeks before Cannes are free for me so Mario Kart will be absolutely blitzed!!!! :)

Amazing isn't it a few days ago everybody was moaning about this game but now as Friday draws near everyones excited - thats the Nintendo magic! : peace:

Personally I cannot frakking wait for this, online sounds amazing!

I can't wait for it either. Should really get it tomorrow so looking forward to it :D

Great news post Tellyn, liked the Formatting a lot.

Anyway the thing here is although there are plenty of characters, which is great, it's likely I'm just gonna use one. In DD it was always Toad and Baby Mario for powerups, what about everyone else?

Toad or Toadette, every...single...race. In Toadette's kart. I'm kinda glad, for that reason, that there aren't any afinnity's to specific powerups.

Ah man looks like I won't have this till monday as play-asia probably wont ship it till today.

Big news from Neogaf's forum!

Interesting info on this game - if you have friends on your wii's address book you can invite them to you friends list so you don't have to bother with individual 12 number game spcific friend codes for them - they just need to confirm!

Hopefully this will put an end to individual friend codes for games!

x4hpt32g.jpg

ecgdwma4.jpg

8e764x8a.jpg

Hopefully this is the shape of things to come regarding Wii online!

Big news from Neogaf's forum!

Interesting info on this game - if you have friends on your wii's address book you can invite them to you friends list so you don't have to bother with individual 12 number game spcific friend codes for them - they just need to confirm!

Hopefully this will put an end to individual friend codes for games!

x4hpt32g.jpg

ecgdwma4.jpg

8e764x8a.jpg

Hopefully this is the shape of things to come regarding Wii online!

Would be best if this was automatic but change is change and this is really fantastic news.

Good news there. So this would mean that there is still the option of a MK FC, as well as using the Wii code too. Choice is good.

My pre-order at Gameplay is still saying ordered, but i have faith that they will send it today. It always seems to be the case. I don't se a change till later in the day. Can't wait to play this.

Yay! Play.com have posted mine this morning. Should be here tomorrow then. :yay:

I've become so hyped for this game over the past 24 hours, it's unbelievable.