NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

And as for a storymode in Mariokart!!! !! why put something in you just wanna skip past to get to the racing??? It's a racing game, not Zelda !!

Yea your right about AC. Hope they make a big difference from the DS version or it'll just be the same all over again :heh:

Wish they would hurry up with Pikmin 3 and the next StarFox :(

Yea your right about AC. Hope they make a big difference from the DS version or it'll just be the same all over again :heh:

Wish they would hurry up with Pikmin 3 and the next StarFox :(

Even if they did hurry, we would not see it to quarter 4 probably, maybe even next year with japan and america getting priority

A lot of people on here sure got out of bed the wrong side this morning. Why can't some people accept some of us are looking forward to this & could quite possibly enjoy it like we've enjoyed other mariokarts & other franchises for that matter. Roll on Friday!!!

The same could be said for those who don't accept that not everyone thinks that its going to be that great...there is no doubt yes it is going to be a fun online title..but in the crowded market place especially for multi-console owners it should be doing more to push itself...more features etc... etc... like has been said. I mean a track editor should be in there really...definitly after Smash Bros level editor... I will probably end up getting the title but not till the summer drought simply because there is so much other stuff to play that will be better than this. With a job thats a killer hours wise 45 hour weeks minimum simply don't have the time.

I never thought this would happen but I have zero anticipation for this title. It just seemed to have come out of the blue.

It looks like Nintendo decided to put everyone on Smash Bros. I'm still waiting for them to give me Kid Ikarus.

The hype of Brawl is over shadowing this :heh:

Foolish Nintendo not marketing this properly.

Im not saying MK should have a story mode, I'm saying that it wouldn't add any depth/extra stuff to the game, whereas in another series like Metroid or Zelda, story is enough to warrant a new game along with a couple of other things.

It worked brilliantly in Diddy Kong though, did no-one have it or something?

The hub-world was large, cool, had many secrets and there were also races within it against a giant elephant on a magic carpet. Who wouldn't want that?

It looks like Nintendo decided to put everyone on Smash Bros.

But Brawl is essentially 3rd party.

Mk does seem to have split the forums. Lets face it, MK has always been entertaining, even its worst iteration - DoubleDash - was still a good, entertaining game. MK does have its faults, and its clear that Nintendo have chosen not to remedy these - with the power of the Wii (and infact the GC), its inexcusable that Nintendo still don't invest in AI for the series (or developing proper online GPs), rubber banding should have been removed by the n64 era.

However, MK Wii as some great online options, which makes up for the 1 player faults.

Swings and roundabouts.

to anyone who played this at Game. What was the framerate like on 4 player split screen.

to anyone who played this at Game. What was the framerate like on 4 player plit screen.

It lags for about the first 3 seconds, otherwise I saw no problems.

But Brawl is essentially 3rd party.

Hmmm....maybe everyone is working on Kid Ikarus! :heh: *sigh*

to anyone who played this at Game. What was the framerate like on 4 player plit screen.

I didn't see any noticeable lag.

mario kart as a series is allot better than smash brothers, i love smash i think its awsome , but its no mario kart

A story mode? It's a racing game that's a little excessive I think.

Mario Kart doesn't need a big overhaul, it's a good solid multiplayer game, that's all it's ever been.

It doesn't need a big overhall, but it could certainly do with quite a few tweaks. The whole first place gets crap weapons, last place gets awesome ones is bullshit and has been for years, for example.

Edit- Holy hell! This is out on friday? I assumed it was still in a very, very early state. Why does it look like a PS2 launch game?

It doesn't need a big overhall, but it could certainly do with quite a few tweaks. The whole first place gets crap weapons, last place gets awesome ones is bullshit and has been for years, for example.

It's not that bad a system. It would just be much better if it was distance-related as opposed to the current system.

The hype of Brawl is over shadowing this :heh:

Foolish Nintendo not marketing this properly.

Yeah, one thing I just thought of is that they're stopping the Brawl updates on April 14, the only entry dated after the European release of Mario Kart. Could they be simply waiting to release that date after Mario Kart has come out so people don't decide to wait for that instead ;)

As for this discussion though, storymode no. Not needed and most games (with the exception of Diddy Kong Racing) racing or other sports wise have just turned out pointless and something you do skip. So no I don't think that's necessary or a problem.

I have never been excited about this though, my main argument (Which I've had since it was first announced and in fact before that) is I have 4 older Mario Karts anyway, I just don't feel I need to buy a new one for the sake of it. The previews aren't helping, sure it will be a fun multiplayer, but I usually buy a game more for the single player to be honest. I prefer tighter courses I think, wider ones can work as well (Just look at Wario Stadium N64) but not for all of the courses.

I'm not going to get this until the summer anyway, at which point I'll likely get Smash first. I might consider getting this but not until late summer at the earliest likely.

But the only new feature that really made me go 'ooh' for this game was the fact that you could use your Mii's, as I've said all the other new features were to be expected really.

It's not that bad a system. It would just be much better if it was distance-related as opposed to the current system.

Yeah, that sounds good. In fact, that would be excellent. I'm afraid that this might just be a quick, lazy job in order to keep us happy whilst waiting for Smash Bros. (Well, all four people who haven't imported it!) but Mario Kart at it's worst is still a lot of fun.

How is Play.com for delivering on release date anyone?

Holy shit, just been watching some videos of people playing using the wheel. I take back anything I ever said about this game. It actually looks really, really fun.

Smash Bros. and Mario Kart within a month of each other is pretty damn cool.

You don't even notice the graphics when you're racing, it's a great game.

Whats with Edge giving Mario Kart 6/10? and their quote...

"having sacrificed racing intergrity in double dash to side with social silliness, Nintendo has turned 180 degress into an akward halfway house"

I'm still looking forward to it and I'm not gonna let one review disuade me (especially not one of Edge's :P)

but sheesh I would have expected it to have only got a 7/10 absolute lowest, oh well... roll on Friday! *goes back to playing Brawl*

I played it. It doesn't deserve a 6/10, it was an awesome game. And that's just with playing three laps on Luigi Circuit. :heh:

It's funny to look at Super Mario kart and how much of an incredible racing game that was to this simplified mario kart.

I understand Nintendo are trying to get more sales as it's on the Wii, but MKDS came out when Nintendo were trying to capture a similar market and that wasn't simplified at all.