NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Notice for anyone who pre-ordered Mario Kart Wii on Play.com months in advance...

I just recieved the following e-mail from them...

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your recent order for Mario Kart (including Wii Wheel)

Due to the allocation given to us by Nintendo we are unable to fulfil your order on the date of release. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to advise when we will be receiving more stock of this item however please be assured that we will endeavour to obtain more stock as soon as possible.

Please note that you have not been charged for the item, if you wish to cancel this order then please log into your account and select the Cancel Order option.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter and thank you for your valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play.com"

"insert expletive of choice here" >> basically I pre-ordered in early February which isn't exactly "recent" and when I pre ordered it, it was listed as just Mario Kart at £29.99 but in recent weeks they changed the listing to Mario Kart with Wii Wheel and bumped up the price to £39.99 >< however any order placed at £29.99 they will still honor that.

But it seems what they have done is given priority to those who pre-ordered it at £39.99 only a few days / a week ago as they have since stopped taking pre-orders, I know they are a business and all that but to me it's unacceptable :/ I can still get a copy from my local independant retailer (hopefully) but the way Play.com are treating earlier pre-orders for this game is just plain wrong.

I just got this e-mail from GAME customer Services:

Dear Customer,

Mario Kart on Wii is nearly here!

Thank you for your order (************@hotmail.co.uk) for Mario Kart Wii. This latest instalment of the hugely successful Mario Kart is due to be with you on Friday the 11th April.

To ensure that we get this title to everyone for release, we have started our picking and packing process a little earlier than we normally would. As a result, we may look to authorise your credit/debit card from today ? although we won't take funds from your account until we despatch your order.

In the meantime, get ready for this highly acclaimed fan-fave that combines fast and furious kart racing with all-new bikes, cute Nintendo characters and the usual devious racing that Mario Kart is famous for!

Kind regards,

Customer Services

GAME.co.uk

Looks like there processing the orders early to meet demand like they did for Halo 3. :)

..friggin hell, after reading this I checked my email and what do you no.. I'm not getting it either :mad:

Now I am going to have to order it in GAME and hope they still have some for preorder :hmm: I ordered from Play.com on 20/02/2008, how can they be allowed to do this?

EDIT: Not that it will do anything, but I replied to the email with the following..

I ordered this game really early (20/02/2008) so surely I must have been one of the earlier people to preorder Mario Kart Wii from you.. how is it possible that there isn't a Mario Kart Wii for someone who ordered this early?

EDIT 2: ****THIS MAILBOX IS UNATTENDED***** Please contact Play.com by visiting http://www.play.com/helpdesk ****PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL****

Screw you, Play.. Screw you :(

I know it's a joke, I ordered as soon as it became available too, as I said I reckon they are putting priority to those who ordered it for £39.99 so they are making an extra tenner yes but this may well lose them good customers in the long run... Bakka! Play.com Baaakkka! ><

Ordered from Play.com on the 31st of January, and no e-mail yet. Seem's very cynical of them to be doing this, just to get a few extra pounds, but I'll just head down to the supermarkets next week if I have to cancel my order.

Btw, HMV.com seem to be the only website still taking pre-orders.

Ordered from Play.com on the 31st of January, and no e-mail yet. Seem's very cynical of them to be doing this, just to get a few extra pounds, but I'll just head down to the supermarkets next week if I have to cancel my order.

Yes it is very cynical of them, I'll be doing the same too, gonna get two copies from my local independant retailer (my brothers getting it too) I'm glad I bought Brawl off you now though Welsh as on the chance that I don't have Mario Kart Wii to play at least I'll have Brawl to play. :smile:

Still though I really want to get MK on launch too. :heh:

To be honest, I'm suprised there's a shortage. I ordered on the 7th Feb from Gameplay, so I hope I'm OK.

I've got this pre-ordered from 2 places. If I do get them both, i'll be more than happy to sell it to someone on here if they wanted. Assuming I don't end up getting an e-mail saying I won't get a copy :heh:

I'm heading into town tomorrow for the tournament/time trial thing, and I think I'll slap down a preorder at both Gamestation and GAME to be on the safe side. Are either store offering any preorder incentives?

So N-Europe staff members do the news at home then.

We get locked up in a dungeon whilst Koopas prod us with sharp sticks, forcing us to play games and type up news and reviews, all whilst Tom sits back on his throne, counting his riches and casting stones at his followers. ;)

GameStation a free mini Mario Kart with figure, with GAME a baseball cap.

Also what Tellyn said is right. We thought it would be fun and games joining, but then we got locked up and when we sleep we get whipped to play more.

Gamestation seem to have the best deal. :D What about the prices?

Oh, and no one yet knows about what went on when Flinky ruled over the news team. I still hear the crack of the whip at night. *shudder*

I think I'll slap down a preorder at both Gamestation and GAME to be on the safe side. Are either store offering any preorder incentives?

Indeed, while Gamestation are offering Mario Kart toys also availible for £1 at the counter..., GAME are offering a Mario Kart Wii Hat (well it is more of a cap), seeing as GAME is holding the event, it looks like they're getting the better promotional deals.

Play made the same mistake for the wii launch. their preorders are never guaranteed. Looks like we are going to have another ebay frenzy for this and wii fit

I ordered this in GAME today so hopefully I will have no problem picking this (and my baseball cap :heh:) up on Friday..

I just hope I'm not working : peace:

yeay! my order has been packed up and is ready to be delivered :D can't wait to finally play this.

I got the GAME email about it shipping early, which is cool!

I preordered the minute it went up, so hopefully i'll get one! If not, i'll buy it from my local shitty town!

What is it with Nintendo and not being able to keep up with demand?

Funnily enough, my extra Nintendo Wii Wheel which i preordered has now shipped!

Gonna check my Mario Kart order now!

I got the GAME email about it shipping early, which is cool!

I preordered the minute it went up, so hopefully i'll get one! If not, i'll buy it from my local shitty town!

What is it with Nintendo and not being able to keep up with demand?

Funnily enough, my extra Nintendo Wii Wheel which i preordered has now shipped!

Gonna check my Mario Kart order now!

Wow, you're happy. Five exclaimation marks in one post. :heh:

Wow, you're happy. Five exclaimation marks in one post. :heh:

Well at least i know you read my post thoroughly! Cheeky git!

Not happy at all, i just end my posts with '!' All the time...:D

!

I shure hope they will bring out the black wheel:

blackwiiwheelze6.jpg

and the Gloden Wheel would be nice to!

goldenwiiwheelch1.jpg

what about a pink one for my wife Nintendo?

Damn it Owen, now I'm going to be scouring all your posts for exclaimation marks!