NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

has anyone recieved a competition via WC24 yet?

..no.. but I'm actually really looking forward to getting stuck in :heh: I enjoy missions..

I just hope you can play them any time and not for a limited time only..

..no.. but I'm actually really looking forward to getting stuck in :heh: I enjoy missions..

I just hope you can play them any time and not for a limited time only..

Methinks it will probably be along the lines of the Everybody Votes Channel, where several competitions are posted for about a fortnight, then the results and whatnot are compiled, etcetera.

Now heres a thought - do you think games that have there own channels could have voice chat once pay to play comes in? (by simply updating the channel). Gotta be a possibility and if more online games get their own channels then a hard drive must be on the cards. Just wild speculation but hey you never know!

Nice to see more people participating in time trials now - my course records are screwed! lol

It's a sad day when Mario spin offs sell better than Mario Galaxy.

‘Mario Kart Wii’ has overtaken Sony’s ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue’ at the top of the All Formats Chart as ‘Mario Kart Wii’ records the 8th biggest launch week ever in the UK. ‘Mario Kart Wii’ is far and away the biggest launch of any Nintendo published title. It’s also bigger than the launch weeks of all 5 other Mario Wii games combined (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario).

FFS.

It's nice to know a game that was so beautiful it made my eyes water (galaxy lol) was outdone by mario kart..

It's not that mario kart is bad by any means (i expect it to be awesome), it's just...with these kind of sales it's easy to see why we're not seeing as many new IPs.

After playing this offline I was of the opinion that the wheel is decent

After playing this online I think otherwise...

I won some matches to begin with but mostly I've just ended up making silly mistakes near edges... >>

Is it just me? or is the motion control a bit "off"? or a combination of the two?

Which is better in your opinion? wheel or pad?

As atm I'm undecided again :/

*tries it with a pad*

Actually, I've tried all options, and found that for me the wheel works the best. It's amazingly accurate, and my kart has never done anything I didn't want to. The nunchuk works fine, but the wheel is more... natural. It's better for turning and equal to a stick for drifting. Hell, I even seem to be more handy drifting with the wheel then with a stick. Nope, after playing all Mario Karts under the sun, there is no going back to regular controls for me. This generation, it's wheel all the way!

I guess it's purely personal, though.

‘Mario Kart Wii’ has overtaken Sony’s ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue’ at the top of the All Formats Chart as ‘Mario Kart Wii’ records the 8th biggest launch week ever in the UK. ‘Mario Kart Wii’ is far and away the biggest launch of any Nintendo published title. It’s also bigger than the launch weeks of all 5 other Mario Wii games combined (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario).

Wow thats amazing :| Wonder if brawl could beat it? Although I doubt it because everyone has already imported it =_=

Actually, I've tried all options, and found that for me the wheel works the best. It's amazingly accurate, and my kart has never done anything I didn't want to. The nunchuk works fine, but the wheel is more... natural. It's better for turning and equal to a stick for drifting. Hell, I even seem to be more handy drifting with the wheel then with a stick. Nope, after playing all Mario Karts under the sun, there is no going back to regular controls for me. This generation, it's wheel all the way!

I guess it's purely personal, though.

The thing is, I only had these problems when playing online so maybe it was just the difference between racing online and offline and the fact that a lot of players seemed to be using uber cheap / hax / annoying tactics >< but lol that is what MK is about I guess as well as the "skillz" :heh:

I'll just put in a bit ore practice, I'm sure I'll be "pwning" again in no time. :)

Wow thats amazing :| Wonder if brawl could beat it? Although I doubt it because everyone has already imported it =_=

The number of people that have imported it is so small in comparison to the total market that it'll have next to no effect on its sales. That being said Mario Kart has far more casual appeal and Smash Bros has never been very popular in Europe, so there's no way it can beat MK at all.

Ordered it from Game earlier on, i love how you have to actually search for it to find the one without their shitty Wheel bundle.

No game, i don't want your third party bull shit for the extra £5...

It's so bloody annoying get hit by about 3 blue shells in 1 frickin lap on single player.

Now heres a thought - do you think games that have there own channels could have voice chat once pay to play comes in? (by simply updating the channel). Gotta be a possibility and if more online games get their own channels then a hard drive must be on the cards. Just wild speculation but hey you never know!

Nice to see more people participating in time trials now - my course records are screwed! lol

Could you send me some ghosts?

Could you send me some ghosts?

How do you send ghost's to one another, I can't see a option. :wtf:

I thought you just went on the Channel, looked up your friends' times, and then download them from there?

It's a sad day when Mario spin offs sell better than Mario Galaxy.

Well this is a multiplayer game with online and a very sociable one at that. It has vastly more potential play time than galaxy and honestly, i think that some people were put off by the gravity at a glance.

Well this is a multiplayer game with online and a very sociable one at that. It has vastly more potential play time than galaxy and honestly, i think that some people were put off by the gravity at a glance.

Gravity sucks, I wish I could fly

Seeing a few videos its tempting, looks quite fast, but I'm thinking 'maybe a gift' or 'cheap deal'.

Thinking of trading or selling a whole bunch of stuff so maybe this will be on the cards. If I get rid off DD then I would need a replacement ;)

I wish there was more to unlock that karts for the weight I will never use and characters I won't use.

I'm loving using my Mii. Especially on Wario's Bike, one of the tricks he stands up and puts his foot on the handlebars it makes me smile everytime I see it.

This game is cool and all and online is awesome but my word the computer pisses me the fuck off how the heck do the same racers ALWAYS just beat me on the last lap when i always seem to have a blue shell right before the finish line or a red shell its the same shit fucking baby peach ...

deep breath ... and now i need a break and a hug from my girlfriend.

How do you send ghost's to one another, I can't see a option. :wtf:

I thought you just went on the Channel, looked up your friends' times, and then download them from there?

Yes, that's correct. When you look at a friend's time the game should ask you if you want to send your ghost to your friend.

My favourite track ever is Yoshi Circuit from DD. Love it. Devastated at its omission :(

I'm loving most tracks in this game. What do you think the chances are of them having more tracks downloadable in the future? Would be incredible!!! WOuld be great to have every track ever from all the mario karts!!

Also very pleased to hear how succesful it's been too, great stuff. That with pro evo still in the top 5 on WIi is just great news for the future!!

Guys have they really screwed Battle mode as much as the reports suggest?