NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Search For Love

Well, it's something I've been thinking about. I've been thinking about it quite a lot lately, looking at my friends, what they're doing, other people, general things. Ashley said something a few days ago on here that made me think "yeah, don't we all want that?"

So, I thought I'd make this. This is a thread about your search for love. Have you ever experienced it? Have you loved, lost, then learned to love again? Do you think you'll ever really find true love?

Maybe something will happen this summer, and you'll end up finding somebody you really care about, who knows.

My story: There have been women in the past that I've really cared about, and I think my last girlfriend was my true love. That didn't end great (some of you probably remember), and now she's with another guy, and they seem happy. I look at them together, and I know she's probably going to marry him someday. I just have a feeling. It makes me angry because that is what I wanted with her, so I feel like he is taking my place, somehow.

But, knowing that she has gone, I realise that I do want to experience love again, with someone new. I've been talking to ViPeR/Joe about this, and I want somebody I can look in the eye and know that they care about me. Not neccessarily asking for a perfect relationship, cos there isn't one, but I want to have somebody give a damn about me.

So, what about you?

Ah Flinky, what your talking about there is a combination of trust and faith.

I have loved and lost but it was something i needed to do to get over it. Kind of like virginity i guess. Now I'm in a place where I dont feel i need someone and i think the only way i would want it to happen is by it kinda creeping up on me. On top of this I've learned that searching for love is TOTALLY wrong and stupid (well for me anyway). It makes people crazy and hate themselves and at the end of the day having a relationship or being in love should only be part of your life. So why does everyone want it so bad?

My answer: cos from the get go we are told that its the most important thing ever. Thanks society, yeah thanks for that one.

I think i'm in love..... I'm not sure. I just don't know anymore. It hurts.

Nothing yet. Somehow the necessary circles in which to facilitate such relationships have remained hidden from my eyes. All in good time.

I once thought I was in love, but that person could never be mine...*sigh*

On the bright side, I'm still very close friends to her. :)

The short answer.

I have loved and lost , and in all honesty I just cannot be bothered going through it all again as I really believe I can't top what I experienced with the only one that actually really meant something.

I prefer not being involved now as it usually brings more aggravation than it's worth.

I'd say that i thought i was in love once before, a couple of people have gone by who might of been able to fill that 'love' section of my imaginary extended personal CV. But things being things means real life gets in the way of anything happening.

I am not not looking and starting to get too busy having fun to really be much bothered. If something comes along, great, if not, i'll

! ^_^

I've loved, then lost it, now working on getting that same love back! I reckon its not going too bad either :D Either that or I'm reading things all wrong :/

I live for love and lust, thus, I have lost many a love. But I have no regrets.

And my meaningless "....dangerous...but...fantastic..." post yesterday was in regards to love. Probably my only regret in life is that that I didn't do what I did sooner, but que sera: I have still yet to see if my daring gamble of ego pays off. Wish me luckies :smile:

I live for love and lust, thus, I have lost many a love. But I have no regrets.

And my meaningless "....dangerous...but...fantastic..." post yesterday was in regards to love. Probably my only regret in life that is that I didn't do what I did sooner, but que sera: I have still yet to see if my daring gamble of ego pays off. Wish me luckies :smile:

What exactly happened?

well i believe i am currently in love... and also currently in a 'break' situation - she's calling and texting me frequently enough to make me believe we will continue together - it is our 2 year anniversary on friday - but i';ve started to imagine life without her, even though i don't want it to happen, i've started imagining what I would do if we broke up...

I really believe, though, that my girlfriend is The One. I could imagine us living together for the rest of our lives... but also imagine doing so with someone else. Maybe there isn't just one love in our lives, maybe we have a few chances...

Love found me and though I sent it away, it's still around and I end up going back to it again and again. =P

Can't say I'm "in love", cause I feel like that might be something you are in the beginning of a relationship, when you're still blinded by it all and don't see the negative parts. I've seen some of those, and now I can say that even though I'm not in love, I still care too deeply for the person to drop them (so love, but not in love, or something).

Never searched for it, even when I thought I would. Not the type to go look for a relationship, cause a lot of people are after the one thing I despise the most.

I suppose this all depends on how we defeine "love". Is "love" the same feeling for everyone? I doubt it.

cause a lot of people are after the one thing I despise the most.

Which is? Cmon miss mystery...

I thought I was in love at the time, but im pretty sure it was just Teenage hormones looking back. The way it just fizzled out with neither of us really making that much of an attempt to save it leads me to believe it cant have been. And that is the story of my one relationship. It ended 5 years ago last Feb, ffs now I feel old. We had been together for 3 years as well. Since then I have not been in a relationship, by choice mainly at least. Cant be bothered with them at the moment too much effort.

The line was a reference to the classic film "Le Conseguenze dell'amore", in that I've taken many countless risks in my life that many may regard as more significant and daring than the chance in question. But what separates this from all others is that I have no idea whatsoever as to how it will turn out: it's really a last, urgent, desperate stab in the dark. A chance at what I believe may be true love.

It's certainly a type of love I've never felt before. Around her, gone is my boldness and confident manner, replaced by a pair of red ears and a glomesome face: like a little school-boy, I suppose :p I know next to nothing about her but I'm near-obsessed and, at frist, I supposed it may be merely a passing infatuation, But one-year later I doubt it is.

Anywho, my catious act of audaciousness? I just wrote her a charmingly evocative, but plainly expressed, letter :indeed:

I cant help but say it; i dont fancy your chances. Sounds like you hardly know her at all. And nothing is your one chance or last chance by saying that all you do is put pressure on yourself and blow the importance of the situation way too high.

I think she means all men want sex.

Yeah thats what i first thought... I think most women would be surprised how many guys want a relationship more than sex though.

i LOVE love - tho more importantly i love my boyfriend ( soppy - awww)

ive never felt closer to anyone and i trust him more than anyone else in the world (me=big trust issues)

i talk to him about everything or anything

he makes me feel safe

august 16th will be 2 years for us

i never thought i would be like this -the first couple of months i was scared id screw the relationship up and was quite nervous

EDIT: ive found it any am not letting it go *selfish*

I cant help but say it; i dont fancy your chances. Sounds like you hardly know her at all. And nothing is your one chance or last chance by saying that all you do is put pressure on yourself and blow the importance of the situation way too high.

haha, didn't fully explain. I think I talked about before er something; it's true that I hardly know her at all, but I know that about five or four months ago she felt quite similarly to me and one night I had the chance to do something, but I just got too shy :p Thus, the risk of the letter is that she may not still feel the same way: I see her frequently, most every other day and we do glance and exchange smiles but other things just get in the way :indeed:

Anywho, the next time I see her I shall act and with the letter in mind, if her reaction is postive or negative either way: I'll be happy. The letter is more a means of trying to squash my one regret, 'cos I bleedin' hate regrets :smile:

Ashley said something a few days ago on here that made me think "yeah, don't we all want that?"

I can't remember saying my name...

Regardless.

I have been so dead set on knowing that I will never, nor have ever really found love. Im closed off, masochistic, a misanthrope and stubbornly independant and self-sufficient. Not great qualities in a relationship. I can't open myself up to anyone, nor put my trust in them because ultimately it means I have to be vulnerable and in the past when I have let myself be vulnerable I have had myself heart stomped all over.

But then recently theres been things. My dream a few days ago when I was in a relationship made me realise I like and want the cuddly part. But as Flinky said (what he was actually referring to when I quoted him) whats the chances of finding a relationship with the sex, the cuddling but not the emotions? Slim. Very slim.

I dunno what it was (maybe it was my depressive walk home the other day) but I decided maybe I am ready to go all in and give it a chance. Let myself fall because I have done so before and I got back up. I have risen from worst that heartbreak and came out the other side better than before so it can't be that bad right?

But I know I can't just go for that casual happy-go-lucky relationship. I need something fucked up. I need it to be....epic.

(if not I have a back up plan of marrying this Swedish lesbian I know so all will end well at least)

I thought i was with my recently ended relationship (by recently i mean saturday). But by the end of alst week i realised i didn't, and regretted rushing the sex, i mean, i don't regret having sex, sex is awesome. But the fact we rushed it and i didn't give it a chance to develope.

Which still leaves me with my really sad though, i've had (i'll be frank) a bunch of girlfriends, and my longest has been 4 weeks. Yeah, i can't hold down a relationship.

Sign in to follow this