N-Europe

Vista Thread

Guest Jordan

Guest Stefkov
Yes I am :indeed:

Yes it installed a few updates yesterday, but none of them are named Service Pack 1 in the update history :wtf:

Just keep checking then. I was looking at engadget today and it did officially come out so I don't know what to say.

My computer has come back from sleeping a lot quicker than usual. Might just be me hoping the update has done something I can see.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did it do?

Windows wouldn't load the login screen (but it did load a cursor).

Come on everybody let's compare penis sizes.

Fine:

Processor: 4.1

Memory (RAM): 4.5

Graphics: 4.6

Gaming Graphics: 4.1

Primary Hard Disk: 5.3

I've been considering boosting my RAM up to 2GB, but I'm not sure if it will really make much difference due to my slow processor.

Moogle I have the same pc as you except I don't have a graphics card yet so mine is only 3.3.

How do I do that print screen thing in Vista but it has the red dots round it. I know its an awful way of describing it but I've seen a few of you do it on here.

• 5 weeks later...

I just got Windows Vista Basic the other day, already installed on my new baby, but the CPU seems to be really struggling, even when nothing is running. Its been stuck at 100% all day (this fucking gadget sidebar is making me have a little stroke) Any tips on how to make my machine run better without ripping it apart? Anything I should turn off/on?

• 4 weeks later...
As in you have a title thats:

"The Wind Waker" and it appears in T rather than W?

Yea. I'd much prefer it if things like "The Wind Waker" to appear under W.

I would Google it, but I doubt "Windows Explorer Ignore The" would have many decent results.

4.7 here because of my processor :( My RAM scores pretty well (it bloody well should do too, set me back £70 for 2GB!)

I wish AMD would hurry up and sort Phenom out, i could do with a better CPU. Upgrading to a Q6600 is gonna set me back £200+ even with the recent price drop :(

Ah right, that doesn't make much sense.

Also found out today that its nigh on impossible to replace the stock motherboard due to the casing but I won't be upgrading that till well after I get the GPU.

Talking about graphics card, I assume it would be best to wait for next months new cards? For some reason I'm drawn to the Radeon's more than Nvidia's offerings, I guess its to do with them generally being cheaper :p

My old server scores 5.5 on the vista index. I overclocked my opteron 170 processor and i just have 2gb ddr1 ram.

I don't have a licence for my pc, may just transfer my oem copy onto it.

Its not the amount of ram that ups the index, more the speed, and quality.

According to vista: "Computers with a base score of 5 were the highest performing computers available when Windows Vista was released."

I need to sort out a new graphics card, got a very low 2.6 because of this. Everything else is 4.6-4.9 except graphics card. How would i find out what motherboard i got so i can start to look around for a better graphics card.