NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

And yet MacOS runs perfectly fine with 512 Mb, with the entire creative suite running. Anyone willing to explain why microsoft just can't pull that off?

On Windows Vista, though, it's best to have the biggest amount of RAM you can grab out of the stores - because it will eat it.

The Aero feature is pretty cool and making me want Vista. However I dont know whether, if i get a new laptop, to get Vista on it or not, what with all these hackings and other stuff I've heard.

And yet MacOS runs perfectly fine with 512 Mb, with the entire creative suite running. Anyone willing to explain why microsoft just can't pull that off?

On Windows Vista, though, it's best to have the biggest amount of RAM you can grab out of the stores - because it will eat it.

Because all software on Macs is made to run on specific hardware rather than virtually any CPU imaginable like Windows does.

Its not that, they work incredibly differently.

Mac's basically use ram when they need like Windows XP did, Vista using Turbocache eats ram like a whore eating cum, but it means applications run a tonne faster with the more ram you have because it constantly caches your most run programs.

Its not that, they work incredibly differently.

Mac's basically use ram when they need like Windows XP did, Vista using Turbocache eats ram like a whore eating cum, but it means applications run a tonne faster with the more ram you have because it constantly caches your most run programs.

Jordan, you know this DRM crap? is it really bad or are people making it out to be tons worse than it is? Have you had any bother?

Thanks

Jordan, you know this DRM crap? is it really bad or are people making it out to be tons worse than it is? Have you had any bother?

Thanks

Its not that bad actually, if you run a DRM piece of software thats encoded in HD (which at the moment is very hard to find) the program locks itself out to anything but HDMI and DVI. Which is pretty bad, but thankfully only the quality within that program is affected.

You can still download, you can still run warez music, games, movies etc. Oh and the 64bit version has much much more DRM, like for example the 32bit version can't run HD-DVD or Bluray disks at all.

like a whore eating cum

What a nice image.

I just wanna say that today I spent hours just playing with the voice recognition in Vista, and it works surprisingly well!! Not being a native speaker(of english) or knowing any of the key words, I easily found myself viewing sites just by speaking.

Its not that bad actually, if you run a DRM piece of software thats encoded in HD (which at the moment is very hard to find) the program locks itself out to anything but HDMI and DVI. Which is pretty bad, but thankfully only the quality within that program is affected.

You can still download, you can still run warez music, games, movies etc. Oh and the 64bit version has much much more DRM, like for example the 32bit version can't run HD-DVD or Bluray disks at all.

Ah rite cool, if i did get vista for my laptop i would want to run limewire and stuff like that still.

Now here is one odd thing. Why does simply setting an installer (which installs a program and drivers) to run in compatibility for XP mode seem to install the program, and the drivers, which both work perfectly fine? (Of course, I've only tried it with the Nintendo WiFi Connector, but why should it work?)

If i have a part in my PC that i can only find XP drivers for, say a motherboard it wont work with Vista will it?

What a nice image.

I just wanna say that today I spent hours just playing with the voice recognition in Vista, and it works surprisingly well!! Not being a native speaker(of english) or knowing any of the key words, I easily found myself viewing sites just by speaking.

Not in websites that talk through your speakers and command your computer to delete all the documents yet? Apparantly, shit happens.

DRM is not important. It was all blown way out of proportion like game companies blocking 2nd hand games etc.

Not in websites that talk through your speakers and command your computer to delete all the documents yet? Apparantly, shit happens.

Chances of that happening are nil.

Not quite.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/01/remote-exploit-of-vista-speech-reveals-fatal-flaw/

Here you go, it's black-and-cyan-on-white prove. 'Prove', that is, since we're talking about the reliable engadget, but about information that could be considered 'small-talk'.

And is it me, or did Microsoft forget to make Buzz around their new operating system. Except for a wave of news here and there, there really hasn't been much since, and I'm following it closely. So I wonder: did Microsoft forget to get the hype-machine going or are the PR-companies left out of the payroll this year?

Here you go, it's black-and-cyan-on-white prove. 'Prove', that is, since we're talking about the reliable engadget, but about information that could be considered 'small-talk'.

Another problem that only effects total idiots. Don't really mind that sort of problem at all.

That exploit is instantaneously noticed by the user, as sound is coming from the speaker. Why wouldn't i turn of my mic or the speakers if i start hearing something like: "Self-destruct user's PC."

That's really a useless exploit.

lol its not even newsworthy.

Also UAC exists for preventing any accidental system damage.

Had a quick look at vista today while I was in PC World, cant say I will rush out and get it but been thinking about it. thou when I bought my OEM XP home in december I got an offer to get a cheaper upgrade veirson of Vista but I have read that if you use an upgrade it invalidates your XP key.

Had a quick look at vista today while I was in PC World, cant say I will rush out and get it but been thinking about it. thou when I bought my OEM XP home in december I got an offer to get a cheaper upgrade veirson of Vista but I have read that if you use an upgrade it invalidates your XP key.

Isn't that... obvious? Microsoft is giving you the OS for a cheaper price, so I'de say it's only fair they don't allow you to use the Wiindows XP key anymore. Although: Microsoft encrypts the key of the software on the disc (via a simple system that counts your key and checks if it adds up) meaning you can still use your old disc with no problems on it - wich means they can't invalidate your key at all. If it checked online, yes, but if it checks on the disc, no, it's impossible.

With MS ithink the last version in this case XP is free. Could be different for upgrades tho.

Jasper you hate Microsoft and Windows, why do you post in this thread all the time?

There's no hate for Microsoft nor Windows actually. My posts just clear out the 'innovations' of this new operating system. Everytime someone posts something so called new, I'de like to point out how long it exactly exists. Now if I had a computer in the house as powerfull to run Vista properly, I would upgrade straight away. I'm happy that Windows Vista is what MacOs X AO.4 Tiger was for the past two years. After five years they updated their system. I only hope that they keep their system up to date this time, and don't move every new thing over to Vienna in 2010. I love what Microsoft has done with it, and although I haven't played with it again, I'm sure it's a pretty smoioth thing. On a side note, my last post actually had nothing to do with my love or hate for the OS, but merely with some general purpose inofrmation about the update logic.

I don't hate Windows. In fact, I rememnber it better than it is now! I used to use Windows XP for running Photoshop, and back in the day I thought it was smooth (I was running Ps 7.0 back then). When I tried Photosshop CS for Windows, I feel it's realy slow. But I remember it being fast. I also remember blue screens of death. I also remember the computer just failing. I'll be honest here: Apple isn't completely impervious to glitches in the system. Once while I was running multiple programs, I accidentally loaded up Dashboard and the system 'crashed'. Not really, but I couldn't return to the desktop and I couldn't use any widgets, because they were not loaded. So i was stuck on an OS and had to reboot using the poer-button. Doing so, another error occured. The OS didn't want to load, there was the strings-sound of Apple, but no white screen with apple logo and loader. Unplug the batterie for half an hour and try again. And when I logged on, the systelm just crashed again. After trying it a few times, the system finally wished to cooperate.

Why do I tell you that? So you see that I'm not a mac-fan that just praises mac for no specific reasons - I can be as opposing to mac as I am to Windows.

That's all for my life story...

There's no hate for Microsoft nor Windows actually. My posts just clear out the 'innovations' of this new operating system. Everytime someone posts something so called new, I'de like to point out how long it exactly exists. Now if I had a computer in the house as powerfull to run Vista properly, I would upgrade straight away. I'm happy that Windows Vista is what MacOs X AO.4 Tiger was for the past two years. After five years they updated their system. I only hope that they keep their system up to date this time, and don't move every new thing over to Vienna in 2010. I love what Microsoft has done with it, and although I haven't played with it again, I'm sure it's a pretty smoioth thing. On a side note, my last post actually had nothing to do with my love or hate for the OS, but merely with some general purpose inofrmation about the update logic.

I don't hate Windows. In fact, I rememnber it better than it is now! I used to use Windows XP for running Photoshop, and back in the day I thought it was smooth (I was running Ps 7.0 back then). When I tried Photosshop CS for Windows, I feel it's realy slow. But I remember it being fast. I also remember blue screens of death. I also remember the computer just failing. I'll be honest here: Apple isn't completely impervious to glitches in the system. Once while I was running multiple programs, I accidentally loaded up Dashboard and the system 'crashed'. Not really, but I couldn't return to the desktop and I couldn't use any widgets, because they were not loaded. So i was stuck on an OS and had to reboot using the poer-button. Doing so, another error occured. The OS didn't want to load, there was the strings-sound of Apple, but no white screen with apple logo and loader. Unplug the batterie for half an hour and try again. And when I logged on, the systelm just crashed again. After trying it a few times, the system finally wished to cooperate.

Why do I tell you that? So you see that I'm not a mac-fan that just praises mac for no specific reasons - I can be as opposing to mac as I am to Windows.

That's all for my life story...

If I haven't seen it, its new for me! :smile:

I read the first 2 lines.

But ok.

That's when you get me started. Not my fault, it's yours for getting me started. but okay.

Shino, did you refer to the problem with my Mac or to Windows Vista itself? if ti's the first, hope you never lay eyes on it. Apparantly it can happen to any laptop (doesn't matter what OS), because the RAM is still loaded whezn the comlputer is shut down with the button. It keeps it running in the back, sucking your batterie for no specific reasons. Unplugging for a while and un-electriciting it works best. if that's a word, unelectriciting. It's a neologism! A new, fricking' word.

Can I just jump in and say, Jasper I see you're still writing novel-length postings ;) just kidding.