NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

Vista is just super pretty, super flexable and incredibly organised.

Super pretty? i can't see it, it just looks like XP 2.0, which i suppose makes sense to M$ and apart from the DX 10 stuff there's no real reason to upgrade that i can see. Especially since upgrading still isn't near as easy as it should be.

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this really but . . .

Super pretty? i can't see it, it just looks like XP 2.0, which i suppose makes sense to M$ and apart from the DX 10 stuff there's no real reason to upgrade that i can see. Especially since upgrading still isn't near as easy as it should be.

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this really but . . .

Live previews?

Dreamscene backgrounds?

Aero Glass?

(pointless) Flip 3D?

The fact is, Vista has a hell of alot of new technologies under the hood that OSX doesn't have and alot of people don't comment on that. Lets not forget that OSX is a copy of alot of other previous OS anyway so i don't see how Apple Fanboys have the cheek to say stuff like that.

Live previews?

Dreamscene backgrounds?

Aero Glass?

(pointless) Flip 3D?

The fact is, Vista has a hell of alot of new technologies under the hood that OSX doesn't have and alot of people don't comment on that. Lets not forget that OSX is a copy of alot of other previous OS anyway so i don't see how Apple Fanboys have the cheek to say stuff like that.

i tried looking on the internet for nice vista previews, but i seriously couldnt find any. so i don't know half of vista can and can't do.

Live previews? is that the video thing in the task bar? Aero glass and dreamscene backgrounds has me lost i'm afraid.

Is aero glass the transparency is some parts of the windows?

In my experiance, Vista is roughly 5,000,000% more reliable/stable than XP.

Live previews?

Dreamscene backgrounds?

Aero Glass?

(pointless) Flip 3D?

What technologies? (Serious question, I don't know much about Vista)

In my experiance, Vista is roughly 5,000,000% more reliable/stable than XP.

have you experienced anuything like

lets hope that vista remains more stable than XP, maybe they've changed it from a blue screen to a turquoise one?

why does vista use the same basis as XP and maybe 98?

Here's quite a good article about vista and Macs.Link... Balanced and not fanboyish. I thought it was interesting anyway.

Yet Another Microsoft related thread, ruined by Mac lovers...

If he wanted a mac, he would of got a mac...

We know you like Macs, get over it and mastuabuate about them in some other Mac Thread..

Unless you can see the title of the thread, this has nothing to do with Macs...

Bah

why does vista use the same basis as XP and maybe 98?

Windows XP was built on NT technology (as used in Windows Server 2000 I believe), completely different from Windows 98. As far as I know Vista is new again, but I could be wrong, I'm sure someone here will know.

Windows XP was built on NT technology (as used in Windows Server 2000 I believe), completely different from Windows 98. As far as I know Vista is new again, but I could be wrong, I'm sure someone here will know.

T'is true!

wow, really enjoyed that!

i had touble accessing the link though and had to type it out so here it is again MOO

LMAO that's cus I fucked up the link and was in too much of a rush to stick the football on to check what I'd just posted :D

Yet Another Microsoft related thread, ruined by Mac lovers...

If he wanted a mac, he would of got a mac...

We know you like Macs, get over it and mastuabuate about them in some other Mac Thread..

Unless you can see the title of the thread, this has nothing to do with Macs...

Bah

Mac fans? The only person that has posted anything like that is someone who's only had a Mac for 3 days, and I've not posted anything fanboyish so I don't kno what you're talking about.

I know Mac owners tend to act a little high and mighty, but I don't see what's wrong in giving a balanced opinion about 2 OS's

I have Vista on the way, I was reading an article somewhere on how to upgrade my vista to it.

Will it take ages to do? I got quite a lot of thing on it. Nothing would be deleted? I sound so noobish.

Now....is it worth £20 extra to get Vista Business over Home Premium? What else do you get with it?

For people who want to know.

Vista is built off the same kernel as Server 2003, the most secure and stable version of Windows ever built.

For people who want to know.

Vista is built off the same kernel as Server 2003, the most secure and stable version of Windows ever built.

well thank god for that.

I suppose, if the drivers for your stuff are compatible with Vista, and the programes you want are as well, then there's no real reason not to upgrade. its prettier than XP and might make you enjoy using the PC more.

now its just which of the different 'flavours' you want to go for.

if you need to do a fresh install of vista in the future and only have an upgrade version, do you install XP then the upgrade?

well thank god for that.

I suppose, if the drivers for your stuff are compatible with Vista, and the programes you want are as well, then there's no real reason not to upgrade. its prettier than XP and might make you enjoy using the PC more.

now its just which of the different 'flavours' you want to go for.

if you need to do a fresh install of vista in the future and only have an upgrade version, do you install XP then the upgrade?

You can trick the upgrade version into just working as a full install by not putting in a serial code on install and then just entering it once windows is installed.

Nice little trick. Oh and you basically either want Home Premium or Ultimate.

Oh and you basically either want Home Premium or Ultimate.

So, shall I not bother with Business, and just get Home Premium?

So, shall I not bother with Business, and just get Home Premium?

Business really isn't suited for Home use... hense the names. It lacks stuff liked Media Centre and Aero Glass.

Business really isn't suited for Home use... hense the names. It lacks stuff liked Media Centre and Aero Glass.

Thanks...I didn't know it lacked that stuff.

Saw your advide, thanks to everyone (STOP SAYING GET A MAC!!), I've ordered windows vista home premium :-)

We shall see how it goes

Saw your advide, thanks to everyone (STOP SAYING GET A MAC!!), I've ordered windows vista home premium :-)

We shall see how it goes

Good Luck!

I would just like to say at this point that i have been running vista for quite awhile and i have had no problem with OS, the Nvidia drivers are another story, but those have been fixed now, so all is well :]