Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea were better on the night. Didier showed his true stupid colours and I'm glad he was off. When Ronaldo missed everything was perfect. An old-guard player like Terry showing these pissy young up starts like Ronaldo (and Drogba) what it means to be a good footballer.

But alas

I'd don't think we can actually closer to winning the champions league without winning it than that.

I'm annoyed that we lost but I'm more annoyed that I'm going to get a torrent of abuse from everyone...I'll never here the end f it. I'm proud of how we played.

These posts sum it up for me. I'm absolutely gutted, I knew it was over when it went to penalties and yet I kept watching it waiting for the inevitable.

I quite often don't let out my fan inside me because I quite often don't watch football, but that one game, despite the fact we lost, was absolutely superb in every respect. I have so much respect for the players, and hell, everyone on this thread tonight following the match has managed to restrain from petty comments, myself included.

Fellow Chelsea fans, chin up. We know that we played one hell of a game of football, and we can't be faulted for that.

Man Utd fans, congratulations on the win. Not going to take anything away from you either; both sides played absolutely superb.

: peace:

Guest Stefkov
That prick Cronaldo always does it. It shouldn't be allowed. If keepers aren't allowed to move of their line early penalty takes shouldn't be allowed to hesitate. He deserved to have it save.

I'm not debating why Ronaldo is a prick. I also hate him, he's a little pansy.

But why shouldn't delayed penalties be allowed?

The keeper should cope with it, also like above it gives the keeper a better chance.

Why are you saying that when a delayed kick happened and it was saved.

You're actually unhappy that he did it and it was easier for Cech for him to save and give you the advantage?

I feel so gutted for John Terry! He's a sound bloke, missed that penalty and ultimately did not lift the trophy. Felt absolutely sorry for him.

But I'm glad Man U won. Although if Mourinho hadn't left I might've wanted Chelsea to win then, as I hate Avram Grant. Plus this means that the number of English clubs to have won the trophy remains at 4, I don't mind telling you.

These posts sum it up for me. I'm absolutely gutted, I knew it was over when it went to penalties and yet I kept watching it waiting for the inevitable.

I quite often don't let out my fan inside me because I quite often don't watch football, but that one game, despite the fact we lost, was absolutely superb in every respect. I have so much respect for the players, and hell, everyone on this thread tonight following the match has managed to restrain from petty comments, myself included.

Fellow Chelsea fans, chin up. We know that we played one hell of a game of football, and we can't be faulted for that.

Man Utd fans, congratulations on the win. Not going to take anything away from you either; both sides played absolutely superb.

: peace:

Your first season supporting them without a trophy, you must be absolutely gutted.

:blank:

Your first season supporting them without a trophy, you must be absolutely gutted.

:blank:

It's strange, if it were any other small match that might have sparked a pissed off response from me but it made me chuckle. :heh:

Haha! Yeah, I was really upset at first, still am gutted obviously, but I'm so pleased with how we played it doesn't matter. We did ourselves justice and that's all anyone can ever really do.

I'm not debating why Ronaldo is a prick. I also hate him, he's a little pansy.

But why shouldn't delayed penalties be allowed?

The keeper should cope with it, also like above it gives the keeper a better chance.

Why are you saying that when a delayed kick happened and it was saved.

You're actually unhappy that he did it and it was easier for Cech for him to save and give you the advantage?

Because Cronaldo almost ALWAYS does it. Cech obviously did his research. His attempts to save the other penalties were straight dives, he knew was Cronaldo was going to do.

Anyway at least that might mean the end of Avram.

Congratulations Manchester United : peace:

A great season and they got what they deserved, so well done.. and also gutted a bit for Chelsea (particulary for John Terry and Frank Lampard after what has happened to him and his family recently)

Well done to both teams.. from a Liverpool Fan :smile:

Tonight I discovered I really hate Ryan Giggs and I don't know why.

I've had a distaste for the man since that Fa Cup goal in 99. But over time he redeemed himself with that wonderful miss in 2003.

You can't help but have some respect for the guy. He's had an amazing career, shame he wasn't English. I'm sure we'd have won an international trophy around 96-2000 had he been in the squad.

I've had a distaste for the man since that Fa Cup goal in 99. But over time he redeemed himself with that wonderful miss in 2003.

What a goal it was though, took on the whole Arsenal team and then smashed it into the goal.

Don't remember 2003 though?

Being an Arsenal supporter I didn't really want either team to win it but I guess I'm glad that United won it. They deserve it. They've been the best team in the country by far, and they've proved, tonight, that they are the best in Europe. Ronaldo is from another planet. Drogba on the other hand was a fucking prick....excuse my french. The sooner he leaves Chelsea and the premier league the better.

Anyway, Chelsea did play quite well but money can't buy you everything ya know.

Being an Arsenal supporter I didn't really want either team to win it but I guess I'm glad that United won it. They deserve it. They've been the best team in the country by far, and they've proved, tonight, that they are the best in Europe. Ronaldo is from another planet. Drogba on the other hand was a fucking prick....excuse my french. The sooner he leaves Chelsea and the premier league the better.

Im actually in tears because United won im so happy, I havent felt this way for quite a while but im so happy! I think we just edged it, first half it was all united, second half Chelsea got the better of us pretty much, but overall we had it. And im sorry Drogba is an idiot, a great player but an idiot! And for the person who said he hated Giggs, idiot as well!! Im so happy for me, United and the Busby Babes! COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

That prick Cronaldo always does it. It shouldn't be allowed. If keepers aren't allowed to move of their line early penalty takers shouldn't be allowed to hesitate. He deserved to have it saved.

I'm gutted Terry missed because he slipped. If he had just been a malco that would have been easier to take.

It's not even that. By stalling his run up, he makes it more obvious for the keeper what way he's kicking it and gives himself less chance to get power on it. As someone who played keeper in a Sunday League team I loved it when people did that, they think they are being really clever but I don't think I've ever NOT saved it when they do that.

Yeah, they need to announce it now so the fans can book flights etc.

rofl.

And for the person who said he hated Giggs, idiot as well!!

Much like that alcholic jock United have as manager I respect the career they have had but really don't like them. Paul Scholes on the other hand is and probably always will be my favourite Man United player.

I don't understand this attitude that Chelsea 'buy' success and Man United don't - Rooney £26m, Ferdinand, the most expensive british footballer in history at up to £33m, Carrick £18m...

One of the best games i've ever seen. Never been so happy at someone missing a penalty - that Anelka prick missing will make my week. Watching the match with my dad and two mates (Pourtsmouth fans) - we all just laughed when Chelsea cried at the end (such a beautiful scene). Drogba being sent of as well - perfect. Lol, no silverware for Chelski and the Goons :)

I guess the CL final really summed up how close in terms of quality the two teams were all season.

I personally wanted Man U to win - Just because they have been pretty much building that squad for a good few years now.

I see it like this: Chelsea are a 'stopper' team, Arsenal are a 'tecnhical' team and Man U are a mix of both.

Great game though. Full of drama. Great game for the neutrals and apart from some bitch slapping, possibly a great advert for the EPL.