N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

HaHa ! We lost the least number of matches this season, that speaks volumes! Plus we have the highest rated player going by the player index in the Championhip! At least we have something to celebrate!:heh: It does annoy me how people stereotype and mock newly promoted teams, usually fans of teams that have gone down it has to be said lol

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were awful the two times you played us this season. We should have beat you at your place, and we got robbed at Oakwell with a penalty in the 98th minute or something. Your just a hoof ball team with very few skilled players, Liam Lawrence is the player your talking about, right? He was in the Sunderland squad the other season that finished with 15 points so I wouldn't rely on him too heavily.

You will come straight back down, mark my words but you'll be £30 million better off for it so just enjoy it whilst it lasts. Take some advice from someone who has been there, even if it was 10 years ago.

Yeah, its shite isn't it. It our own fault, we didn't even play today by the sounds of it, we could easily have beaten them if a few of our players had turned up.

Well, onwards and upwards for next season, we need a striker who can actually score occasionally to play with Macken. Got any ideas Davey_T? Iain Hume seemed pretty decent against us the other week.

Yay for us.

Going to be a tense weekend next week =]

Too right! I'm hoping squeaky-bum time gets the better of United and Wigan get a result and hope we beat Bolton!

It's a great end of the season at the moment, so so tense!

Scottish football is becoming more and more of a farce by the day, Rangers, who have already managed to get the season extended once, are now at it again under the premise of "preparing" for the Uefa cup final.

This is a team who ran scared of Gretna in December, intentionally postponed a match against East Stirling (worst team in Scotland for the last 4 years) in January (to avoid playing an Old Firm game), intentionally withdrew 4 players from the Scotland squad due to "injury" the midweek before an Old Firm game (all 4 then played in the game), took 300 minutes to defeat 2 First Division sides in the Scottish cup.

and now they're complaining that they have to play Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday before a Wednesday European final

no we wouldn't, we were in the exact same situation 5 years ago and we got on with it, we did ask for some help, but we got rejected and played on.

As it happened we then won nothing that year.

As it happened we then won nothing that year.

Bitter much?

I agree though, scottish football has been a joke for a few years now. The bosses should just merge the leagues, lets face it only rangers and celtic would have a chance of surviving the premiership anyway.

see this keeps getting brought up, we didn't have a game postponed though, we brought the game forward, and even then the SPL had rejected the original request to do this, it was only when Celtic and Dundee pushed them that they agreed to it.

plus a few weeks ago Rangers stated "we've never asked for an extension and we never will" well that's 3 times now that they have, they're just runniong scared, after being a provisional 12 points clear 3 weeks ago they are now only a provisional 2 points clear

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. The "injuries" in the Scotland squad annoyed me most.

I have high hopes that Motherwell can do us a favour and get some points off them. Let's face it, they'll win the Scottish Cup, but in whats supposedly their best year for a while that and the league cup won't seem too special :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!