N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how you can't feel robbed, bitter or angry. We've just gone out of the biggest club competition we compete in because the ref gave a shit penalty...

What emotion do you feel...

I feel irritated personally. But again, Arsenal brought it on themselves with the clumsy tackle..

I don't understand how you can't feel robbed, bitter or angry. We've just gone out of the biggest club competition we compete in because the ref gave a shit penalty...

What emotion do you feel...

I feel like I've had my soul ripped out and am therefore incapable of any other emotion.

It was a clumsy tackle, i dont think it would have been given in the PL but in Europe i reckon its a penalty every time. I also reckon you should have had one last week but we were lucky.

Do we deserve to go through? I think over 2 legs we did enough to say we deserved it. Well played arsenal i thought you had us there, Theo Walcott is fast >.<

:(:(:(

Two months ago, we were 6 points clear in the league, in the last 16 of the champions league, and all was going well. Our season has just fallen apart. So many injuries and crap refereeing decision, the team has just lost confidence, aswell as looking tired.

We have been robbed imo. No way was it a penalty tonight.

At least there's still a small chance we'll win the league.

BELIEVE.

Liverpool, make sure you win against that Chelsea scum.

At least there's still a small chance we'll win the league.

BELIEVE.

Nah, Man United will end that chance at the weekend. :heh:

As for the penalty, it's a tough one. There wasn't much contact but nowadays, in Europe especially, the slightest contact and the refs give the decision. It's one of those that if I was a 'pool fan I'd say it was and if I supported Arsenal I'd be lambasting the ref until I turned blue!

Great game either way though, to think I only decided to watch it at the last moment, glad I did!

However clumsy it was, it was less clumsy than the one last week, and on Saturday.

I think the moral of the story is, if you go the the Emirites, make it intimidating for the referee so they give stupid penalties.

However clumsy it was, it was less clumsy than the one last week, and on Saturday. I think the moral of the story is, if you go the the Emirites, make it intimidating for the referee so they give stupid penalties.

Iv seen them given, you were unlucky last week tho..... The ref should have gone to spec savers :P

However clumsy it was, it was less clumsy than the one last week, and on Saturday.

I think the moral of the story is, if you go the the Emirites, make it intimidating for the referee so they give stupid penalties.

Well I didn't see the game last week or at the weekend, so I can only comment on the one I've seen!

What a game! I was on the edge of my seat all night and, to be honest, I expected a second Arsenal goal. But to get a penalty straight away.. man, I was praying Gerrard would stick it in! And even then, another Arsenal goal would win it and I was panicking until Babel killed you off at the end..

A good game and, thankfully for me, my team came out on top :yay:

Oh my god! You actually think you have a chance in the league? :D Brilliant!!

Another trophy-less season for the goons!! Long may it continue!!!

As long as it's mathematically possible, I've gotta be optimistic and believe we can do it. You never know if Man Utd are gonna suddenly collapse and lose their last five games.

If we win our last 5, we can do it.

Another trophy-less season for the goons!! Long may it continue!!!

It won't, most of the Arsenal team are still getting used to the game, youth will overcome in the end. I mean come on, we have some great young players yet to reach their full potential.

Fantastic game, whatever you think of the penalty I think we can all agree it was a great great game, so tense towards the end aswell :grin:

I was sure it was over when I seen Theo make that run which was stunning btw, always knew he had it in him.

I won't comment towards the penalty, can't really judge it as it was pretty close, but I do think Arsenal should have gotten a penalty last week no doubt, this is coming from a Pool fan btw.

EDIT: Oh, and Dazzybee, why do you have to be so arrogant? We just about luckily won the game, and here you are rubbing it the Arsenal fans faces, its just not on mate. Arsenal still have a shout in the Premier League, they just have to beat Man united and hope United slip up in their next few games and with the majority of them being away it could easily happen.

We were robbed tonight. That was no way a bloody penalty. And for those arguing: "oh it was a clumsy tackle!", did you see the tackle made on Hleb by Kuyt in the 1st leg? That was a stone wall penalty and an even smaller challenge in tonight's game results in a penalty for the stupid scousers. You can see why us gooners are pissed off.

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Fuck off, you've got 0% football knowledge, the only thing you fucking do in this topic is stir shit like a little kid at school who makes faces whislt standing behind the teacher.

When was the last time you had a glimmer of hope in the league, you might want to go ask your dad.

The only thing I don't understand is why Wenger played Toure at right back. Yes, Sagna is injured, but we have two right backs behind him, Eboue and Hoyte. Why did Wenger play Eboue in midfield and Toure at RB? He should have started with Theo in midfield. I dont understand him sometimes! Ah well, what arsene says goes.

And Dazzybee- at least we've won more than just the mickey mouse cup in the last 15/20 years.

To be fair I love your optemism, I'm the same; if it's mathematically possible then there's a chance!

Though I really don't think Arsenal are going to improve, this was your chance in my opinion, can't see Fabregas wanting to stay around too mucgh longer, he wants trophies. We'll see. I may be bias but I really think Spurs are going to be fighting with you and Liverpool for 4th!

PS Daft why do you hate Grant? And liverpool?

Just now, My brother provoked me so I grabbed him by the throat threw him against the floor and threw him out of my room then threw th yogurt he was eating at his body and just spent that time cleaning it up.

Dunno what happened, I just lost it.