Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being gay is annoying, (especially when your gaydar is shite) cos you are never sure who else is gay, and I'm always scared of offending if I start chatting a guy up who isn't gay.

Join the zero gaydar club chairdriver. Over the years i lost my interest in trying to find out, so now i just settle for "don't bother".

Having one of those days (or had? as it is 1am) whereby I realise I should never contemplate relationships. They just don't work for me. I should have learnt from my mistakes. I thought I was ready to try but my brief summer trist (sp?) should have shown me it ain't going to work.

Nice to have epiphanies (allbethey bleak misanthropic ones) isn't it?

(although that being said I am grateful for my recent drama and entanglements. They at least made me feel alive again)

Having one of those days (or had? as it is 1am) whereby I realise I should never contemplate relationships. They just don't work for me.

Nice to have epiphanies (allbethey bleak misanthropic ones) isn't it?

(although that being said I am grateful for my recent drama and entanglements. They at least made me feel alive again)

Sadly I know all those feelings. Its pretty depressing.

I'd give you some words of encouragement but I can't give what I've never heard.

I don't see it as depressing. I rarely care (I won't say I never wish I had that feeling) but its come to a point whereby I can live without it. If I want to curl up with someone in bed I have my housemate and I know it ain't the same but its good enough for me for now. I just feel that relationships aren't for everyone.

Fair enough. I always get a feeling of isolation because I never really seem to connect with anyone. Just every now and then it really gets to me, but you are right, like you, most of the time I don't especially care.

Eh. What is there to connect to? People are nothing but walking timebombs that will dissapoint you.

But maybe I'm just cycnical.

Either way im going to try going to bed again. Did so an hour ago and these kinda thoughts were playing on my mind.

People are you. You are a person, and thus everyone else is akin to you. You say people are time bombs? You're just aware that you are yourself full of grating factors that you don't think anyone is ever capable of taking completely; you can never give yourself up completely to anyone and because of this lack of trust in other people, you are unwilling to take on the same problems others may have, unwilling to think anyone else will trust you.

We base our beliefs upon our own experiences. You can't trust anyone more than you trust yourself, and if you know that you're not trustworthy, or that you're not worthy of having faith or trust invested into you, then you will not be able to trust or have faith in anyone else.

You focus on the dissapointment; the last moments of a failed bond. Perhaps you did not have control in where your relationships went before, and so this time you will have ultimate control by attaching the tag line to all of them; "this will not work out ok".

If you do not think people are worth having a relationship with, then you will never have a relationship worth having.

That's my belief, anyway.

Eh. What is there to connect to? People are nothing but walking timebombs that will dissapoint you.

That was my thinking but life is too short to look at the negatives. What I don't get is why the hell does everyone else seem to get on so well. It can't be one of those "the grass is always greener" things. I see people gravitate towards each other almost effortlessly and I can't figure out why. I have no gravity it seems. (If none of that made sense, its because its late and I need sleep.)

But maybe I'm just cycnical.

Yes you are, but cynicism is my best friend! :heh:

Either way im going to try going to bed again. Did so an hour ago and these kinda thoughts were playing on my mind.

Ditto, need sleep.

Ash, jeeze you're way too young to think that you'll never get into a relationship.

Stop being so finalist and pesimistic about it.

(least im not like most and feel by this age I should be)

Anywho. Its more of a self assurance thing. If I die bitter and alone at least I can never say it was unexpected.

I'll have funsies along the way at least.

(least im not like most and feel by this age I should be)

Anywho. Its more of a self assurance thing. If I die bitter and alone at least I can never say it was unexpected.

I'll have funsies along the way at least.

I like your thinking. I can tell we'd get on like a house on fire.

Off topic: @ Jordan, love the new avatar!

People are you. You are a person, and thus everyone else is akin to you. You say people are time bombs? You're just aware that you are yourself full of grating factors that you don't think anyone is ever capable of taking completely; you can never give yourself up completely to anyone and because of this lack of trust in other people, you are unwilling to take on the same problems others may have, unwilling to think anyone else will trust you.

We base our beliefs upon our own experiences. You can't trust anyone more than you trust yourself, and if you know that you're not trustworthy, or that you're not worthy of having faith or trust invested into you, then you will not be able to trust or have faith in anyone else.

You focus on the dissapointment; the last moments of a failed bond. Perhaps you did not have control in where your relationships went before, and so this time you will have ultimate control by attaching the tag line to all of them; "this will not work out ok".

If you do not think people are worth having a relationship with, then you will never have a relationship worth having.

That's my belief, anyway.

Well I completely missed that before. I see what you're getting at, and I am compelled to agree but my jaded guardedness comes and goes, depending on what happens. It is true, at least in my life, that everyone I felt I can trust has let me down. But I have come to learn thats just life.

The brisk whatever I had last week I did put faith in, I did think could work out and above all I wanted to work out. Obviously, I was the only one who felt that way. But ah well, life goes on. I may start 'looking' again after xmas when I am less bogged down by work and more at peace. But for now, I need to text someone to see if they're out monday night..

I like your thinking. I can tell we'd get on like a house on fire.

Off topic: @ Jordan, love the new avatar!

Lets make love and listen to death from above

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!