N-Europe

Smoking

UK

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I hate cigarette smoke. I hate going to the Ukrainian club and having the smell lingering everywhere.

I cannot wait for July 1st.

I hate it. My lungs react quite badly to the smoke - I can't be in the same room as someone smoking withouth coughing. Pubs have been so much beter (and smell a lot cleaner) since the smoking ban.

I smoke, but will be attempting to give up from 1st July as my evenings out in clubs/pubs will be torture to me.

If that doesn't happen, then I'll most likely cut down how often I go out.

So this is the quarterly 'smoking's disgusting thread' then!

I hate smoking altogether. I don't mind the considerate smokers, them that make the effort and move away from people. However those people that think they own the world and just blow it any old way need a good smack round the head. So you end up complaining to them then there the ones that get mardy, im glad of the new law.

I do smoke about 3-4 packs a week. Honestly I am addicted - I need the nicotine to relax and kill time. I know it is a bad and unhealthy habit so I either smoke outside or in areas where smoking is allowed. I put out my cigarette if I notice someone is eating - however I do not put them out in a smoking area just because someone doesn't like it.

I shouldn't have started and I advise everyone don't do it. It sounds so easy to stop but it is not. Beside the obvious addiction and health problems it is quite an expensive habit.

I don't smoke but don't hate it.

I do however welcome the ban on 1st July as I am fed up coming out of the pub stinking of smoke when I do not actually smoke myself.

Smoking will never be banned completely as they bring in too much money for the Government.

i hate hate hate hate smoking

i actually was estatic when the smokin ban came into place here (ni)

i also hate people drinking - 2 things you will NEVER catch me doing

quite ironic that my parents both drink and smoke

i would preferably not be friends with someone who smokes ( except my parents)

not gonna put my life at risk just cause they want to:blank:

I smoked. Then gave up. Smoke sometimes when i'm hammered.

I don't like it.

The smoking ban was the best thing that ever happened to the pubs here, especially because I used to work in one :P

A lot of my friends smoke, so it's funny when we go to the pub now there are about 4 of us sitting on our own for 10 mins every 30-40 mins as they go outside (usually into the rain!!) !`

i hate hate hate hate smoking

i actually was estatic when the smokin ban came into place here (ni)

i also hate people drinking - 2 things you will NEVER catch me doing

quite ironic that my parents both drink and smoke

i would preferably not be friends with someone who smokes ( except my parents)

not gonna put my life at risk just cause they want to:blank:

So you hate me twice for drinking AND smoking, don't get me wrong your aversion against smoking is completly fine with me. What I don't understand is that you judge people by their habits (even though they are rather bad habits). But I would reserve such strong words as hate for different more serious problems.

As far as I am concerned I don't blow smoke in the direction of someone, my breath is perfectly fine and so are my fingertips (smokers tend to have yellow fingers). So what is the reason why you hate me :) ?

I smoked my first cigarette with 14 and didn't like it and stopped. A few years later being bored, alone and stressed I started again and it became a regular habit. So I did not do it to be cool or something otherwise I would not have stopped with 14.

I think it is a bit unfair all that anger towards smokers - after all we finance the health system ... and you don't hear anyone complaining about car drivers (accidents cost a lot of money in a hospital), fat people get a stroke much more likely, ....

So you hate me twice for drinking AND smoking, don't get me wrong your aversion against smoking is completly fine with me. What I don't understand is that you judge people by their habits (even though they are rather bad habits). But I would reserve such strong words as hate for different more serious problems.

As far as I am concerned I don't blow smoke in the direction of someone, my breath is perfectly fine and so are my fingertips (smokers tend to have yellow fingers). So what is the reason why you hate me :) ?

I smoked my first cigarette with 14 and didn't like it and stopped. A few years later being bored, alone and stressed I started again and it became a regular habit. So I did not do it to be cool or something otherwise I would not have stopped with 14.

I think it is a bit unfair all that anger towards smokers - after all we finance the health system ... and you don't hear anyone complaining about car drivers (accidents cost a lot of money in a hospital), fat people get a stroke much more likely, ....

just because you dont blow in the face of someone doesnt mean they cant inhale the smoke - its called passive smoking

3 of of 4 weeks in a month theres an argument in my house 90% of the time its caused by alcohol

my parents both have drinking problems ( tho they wont admit it)

this has cause my mum to taking weeks off work at a time, me being told to actually get out of my house ( / nando / too)

also has caused my parents 9 times outta 10 to say they are splitting up... to me that is a serious problem?

your home should be a place of comfort - to me it isnt.. if my parents didnt smoke or drink we wouldnt have these problems... i normally have to elave my house inorder to get any peace - my revision for exams hasnt been stellar cause i havent been able to concentrate in my house - and i will never ever leave home cause my mum fell down the stairs because she was less than sober and broke a bone in her back....

.. and most of mylife people have assumed i have smoked cause no matter how much "airing out" you do of clothes and how much perfume you put on - the smell still lingers... its humiliating and embarassing

and what about the worry that your parent might die from lung or liver cancer? thats what my hate is for

so DONT ever suggest this isnt a serious problem

.. to anyone has smoked....

.. why did you begin in the first place?

im always interested in peoples answers

We were on the way to getting drunk at my mate's, my smoker mate had one and i asked for a pull, to see how it was. I liked the taste, so i only ever had a few pulls when we wree there getting drunk. Lately i've been doing it more, but i'm nowhere near addicted atm, i don't do it enough to get addicted.

"Smoking is for fags."

Had to get that in there before anyone else did :D

ohhh don't give us a bad name. I don't smoke ans i don't like people that do. it's such an image thing.

why is being "cool/sexy" so important to some people :confused:

just be yourself!

peer preasure. Some people just care too much about what others think about them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!