N-Europe

LEGO - Indiana Jones

Slaggis

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To do so would confirm the existence of God.

'CAAAAAN YOU DIIIG IIIIIIIIIT?'

Too right...

Would love to see the lego cut scene interpretation of the infamous Ajax scene:

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle....c'mon"

there is a lego harry potter already out...actually 2.

they were made on pc when first game came out.

you basically build your characters and the school. Its called lego creator: Harry Potter. you can do challenges, control your characters and itneract with various special items. i had this when i was in yr 6 now ive finished school lol.

You are joking???
Nope, they really are on the way!
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/786/786948p1.html

Three More Terminators on the Way

They'll be back.

C2 partners Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna have sold all rights to the Terminator franchise for an undisclosed amount to The Halcyon Company, a new group which is planning to fast-track three more installments of the popular cyborg film series.

According to Variety, Terminator 4 will be first up for the newly formed and privately funded company headed up by entrepreneurs Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson. T4 already has a script in place by T3 writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris, and according to the trade paper, "has been crafted as the first leg in a trilogy." T3 producer Moritz Borman will be running the production of the fourth film, with Kubicek and Anderson co-producing. Erstwhile PolyGram Films marketing president Peter D. Graves will serve as executive producer and oversee marketing for the film.

T4 of course follows on the heels of creator-writer-director James Cameron's hugely successful first two installments in the franchise, which helped launch Arnold Schwarzenegger to superstardom as the titular robot. The third film was directed by Jonathan Mostow. The fourth film is said to pick up with series hero John Connor in his thirties and leading humanity against the machines that have devastated the Earth with nuclear weapons.

Halcyon plans to "reinvent the franchise with new cast and plotlines," taking a cue from the recent trend of "rebooting" franchises like Star Trek, Batman, and James Bond. In addition to the film rights to Terminator, the company now owns all future merchandising and licensing ventures, including "any participation" that Kassar and Vajna would have gotten for the licensing of "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," a TV show spin-off that will likely get picked up by Fox.

No cast or director have been signed on to T4 yet, but a summer 2009 release is planned. Whether or not Governor Schwarzenegger will return to the franchise that made him for some kind of cameo remains to be seen.

"With T3, we included many incidental details and plot points that, along with the main narrative, set the stage for an entirely new set of interrelated stories covering the future adventures of John Connor and the Terminators," Borman says. "This new Terminator trilogy will build upon the already huge worldwide Terminator fan base, which was both revitalized and expanded with the global success of T3."

I don't consider anything after Terminator 2 even remotely canon to the series. It all shits all over Cameron's ideals for the franchise and ruins everything I enjoyed about the originals. The key message in Terminator 2 is "the future is not set, there is no fate except what we make for ourselves," then in comes T3 with this "JUDGEMENT DAY IS INEVITABLE, YOU JUST POSTPONED IT" and Sarah Connor Chronicles with "You changed the future, you just didn't change it enough!"

Sickens me but erm yeah, I guess this is pretty unrelated.

On a related note then on the other hand I think Indy 4 is a great idea but I wish they'd got around to making it before Harrison Ford turned into an OAP.

• 1 month later...
http://www.cubed3.com/news/8218/1/LEGO_Indiana_Jones_Unveiled!

LEGO Indiana Jones Unveiled!

Developed by the same team at Traveller's Tales that created the LEGO Star Wars series, LEGO Indiana Jones presents a tongue-in-cheek take on the first three cinematic adventures of pop culture's most iconic archaeologist, including Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Although no exact technical details of the game have been announced yet, by looking at past releases it seems a safe bet that this will find its way onto Nintendo systems by mid-2008. In the meantime, this trailer should wet your appetites for more brick-breaking action. Don’t forget to stick with Cubed3 for all the latest information and updates about the game!

Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22890.html

there is a lego harry potter already out...actually 2.

they were made on pc when first game came out.

you basically build your characters and the school. Its called lego creator: Harry Potter. you can do challenges, control your characters and itneract with various special items. i had this when i was in yr 6 now ive finished school lol.

Yeah i had creator, creator knight's kingdom, and creator harry potter..

I have the Knights kingdom aswell. Strangely as i'm writing this post i can see the instruction manual for it out of the corner of my eye.

If this is anything like the lego star wars games, then it will be great. Will it have Co-op because thats what made lego starwars for me. It heightened my enjoyment of the game sharing it with a friend.

If this is anything like the lego star wars games, then it will be great. Will it have Co-op because thats what made lego starwars for me. It heightened my enjoyment of the game sharing it with a friend.

Hmmm, good question. I doubt it tho, as Indy is a lone action hero, compared with the clans of Star Wars.

Then again, maybe in Raiders, your co-op character could be the love intrest, in Temple of Doom, the young kid, and in Last Crusade, Sean Connery! :awesome:

• 6 months later...

From Computerandvideogames.com

We very nearly fell of our chairs in shock when LucasArts confirmed Lego Indiana Jones. You see, literally only days before we'd been discussing how utterly excellent it'd be if the whip-cracking archaeologist got the same treatment as Star Wars. Thank you, LucasArts, from the bottom of our gaming hearts.

Anyway, since then the game's been kept in a manila folder stamped "Top Secret", but finally the first concrete details have emerged via an awesome-looking cover feature in the latest edition of Edge magazine.

Dealing with basic nuts and bolts first, Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures parodies the three Spielberg-directed movies that released in the 1980s.

The game's broken down into three chapters and 18 levels, and stars Lego-ised renditions of all the main characters. And, naturally, loads of classic moments from the films.

Lego Indy being chased by a giant Lego boulder included? You never expected it to be otherwise, right? Major Toht's ink is "flushed of his pea-sized face", says the article, describing the game's version of the gruesome moment at the end of Raiders when the Ark is finally opened.

Indy's iconic whip is used to attack enemies and latch onto scenery, and it's no surprise to learn that the hero will be able to pull himself up the whip to before clambering onto ledges.

But it's a spade that's described as a key 'weapon', as digging yields weapons and bonuses. And unlike Lego Star Wars, Lego Indy features an ammo limit.

Jone's snake phobia hasn't been overlooked either. When faced with slithering nasties the hero will be rendered ineffective leaving it down to another character - presumably AI or player-driven - to help out. And the phobia mechanic won't be exclusive to Indy, either.

Stacking the Indy adventure up against the Star Wars games, Edge says that "Pulling levels to open doors, building platforms to reach them and then destroying them (and everything else) for studs has grown into something more open and explorative".

According to the article, Lego Indy is far funnier than Lego Star Wars. It describes how, in the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indy shoves the Staff of Ra into a hole in the map room, the intense beam of light that reveals the resting place of the Ark will actually either blind the hero of set the room on fire. But it's not saying which.

Perhaps partly in keeping with this, according to Edge Traveller's Tales has chosen to remove Nazis - and any reference to them it appears, from what TT says - from the game, "Lego having already replaced them with an anonymous genocidal, occultist, trenchcoat-wearing master-race". The studio explains it has left it down to the strength of the Indy characters to show they are bad guys - but "that said, we like to reinforce the fact that these really are terrible, terrible people".

TT's director Jon Burton is describing the game as "a careful next step" for the developer and Lego franchise.

The studio doesn't "want to change the game so much that we lose the audience", he explained.

"...and the more things we can keep intact about the formula, the better. If by some chance the game isn't a success, then we'll know it's probably something about Star Wars the works so well".

According to Edge, Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures is out this June. The magazine's full preview - it includes a ton of fab screenshots revealing action and various environments from the game - is in its current issue, #186. Go and buy it. Now!

Sound's awesome, and it seems to have some pretty sweet features.

No Nazi's though? :(

• 3 weeks later...
Throw me the idol, I'll give you the link.

Indiana Jones is the latest film set to be getting the Lego treatment in Lego Indiana Jones, an amalgamation of the first three movies in the series starring a whip-cracking Harrison Ford as the titular quick-witted archaeologist with a passion for adventure.

A new video of the gameplay in Lego Indiana Jones has been released. It kicks off the action at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark with a few comedic cutscenes, followed by a bit of simple introductory puzzle action, then the grand finale: Indy and the traitorous Satipo fleeing towards the camera from a giant blocky boulder.

It's shaping up to be yet another bricky masterpiece from Traveller's Tales. Lego Indiana Jones is currently set for a DS and Wii release in June 2008 in Europe.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11572

I don't consider anything after Terminator 2 even remotely canon to the series. It all shits all over Cameron's ideals for the franchise and ruins everything I enjoyed about the originals. The key message in Terminator 2 is "the future is not set, there is no fate except what we make for ourselves," then in comes T3 with this "JUDGEMENT DAY IS INEVITABLE, YOU JUST POSTPONED IT" and Sarah Connor Chronicles with "You changed the future, you just didn't change it enough!"

Sickens me but erm yeah, I guess this is pretty unrelated.

On a related note then on the other hand I think Indy 4 is a great idea but I wish they'd got around to making it before Harrison Ford turned into an OAP.

You say that but Cameron did give T3 his blessing...so it should be considered canon... I'm not saying I think its good...but he has said a few times that he liked the direction they took...

Sarah Connor Chronicles has opened a whole can of worms effectively meaning the series can go on forever....and finally the next 3 films will all likely be as shit as each other... I've always wanted to see more of the future but not in a whole film that will likely not work.

As for Lego; Indy it looks like its coming on well...Edge did a feature on it and covered a lot, only problem it comes out a week before MGS;4.

• 1 month later...