Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Daddy or Chips?

Daddy or Chips?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Daddy or Chips?

• Daddy
    • Chips

Chips as in fries but thicker, and possibly made differently.

Not chips as in the really really thin pieces of potato.

Chips! (Clicky)

Edit : Beaten :(

It's the fried potato garbage raped with vinegar (how dare ye?!) they try to compare with the lovely Belgian (I love you guys) handmade, deliciously salted fried potato slices, finished with fresh made mayonaise that tastes like heaven made into sauce. You know, friet.

Daddies always win compared to the British excuse for that, really :wink:

I don't have vinegar on my chips :'( :heh:

Daddy all the way!

Sometimes I think my friends like my dad more than me... :hmm:

It's the fried potato garbage raped with vinegar (how dare ye?!) they try to compare with the lovely Belgian (I love you guys) handmade, deliciously salted fried potato slices, finished with fresh made mayonaise that tastes like heaven made into sauce. You know, friet.

Ha, nothing can beat Belgian fries! I had some really great ones in the restaurant yesterday; nice and big and so awesomely prepared. With lots of mayonnaise of course. =D

Go daddies!

Seeing as I don't even really know what you guys mean with chips, I vote for daddy. Because he makes the most delicious food ever!

And even though I don't really like him sometimes, he's still cool. Plus he goes to concerts and festivals and sometimes buys my ticket, so what's not to be liked about that? =D

Heh, your dad sounds a lot like mine.

Anyway, daddy (apart from I never, ever call my dad 'dad' or 'daddy') gets the vote because he's a decent guy and makes fantastic homemade chips, so I get the best of both worlds this way.

My Dad definitely, if I didn't have him to act as a buffer between me and my mother I'd have gone crazy years ago!

I like chips, especially when drenched in vinegar, but I'm a soppy old git so I'm going to say Daddy. It was a tough decision though.

fish_and_chips%20_3.jpg

I can get money from chips. (by selling them), so Chips.

I voted chips.

I have salt and Hendersons relish on mine. Fuck you vinegar.

I submitted this as a question for the Everybody Votes channel although it's probably a bit esoteric to make an appearance. For those who don't know it comes from an old McCain advert — I couldn't find it on YouTube, unfortunately.

Not all chips are created equal. Pretty much every eatery in this country serves chips, but very few get them right. I happen to live near what is purportedly the country's premier fish and chip restaurant, and as you'd expect they're miles away from the soggy mush that a lot of places try to pass off as chips.

Also, mayonnaise? You sicken me!

Not all chips are created equal. Pretty much every eatery in this country serves chips, but very few get them right. I happen to live near what is purportedly the country's premier fish and chip restaurant, and as you'd expect they're miles away from the soggy mush that a lot of places try to pass off as chips.

Also, mayonnaise? You sicken me!

Some chips are better than others, and chips itself is okay (though it's not Belgian either) - but what's up with the vinegar and the fish? I've eaten it and it just doesn't make any sense! Why you must eat something as tasteless and unhandy as fish with it is beyond me already, but why does vinegar have to come near it? Why does vinegar have to come near anything? Every sensible person knows that the only reason of existence vinegar has is to prevent your eggs from breaking as they boil, with everything else they just destroy the taste. Why put something so sour over the salty goodness of chips? It doesn't make any sense at all, I tell you! No sense!

Mayonnaise on the other hand is a wonderful addition to chips - it's the way they are meant to be served originally. Seriously, try it :smile:

On a side note, crisps meant to taste like vinegar chips are the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted :heh:

Mayonnaise on the other hand is a wonderful addition to chips - it's the way they are meant to be served originally. Seriously, try it :smile:

Maybe they only have crappy tasting mayonnaise over there? Because when I eat fries with mayonnaise, it's like, the best damn thing everrrrrrrr. =D

Maybe they only have crappy tasting mayonnaise over there? Because when I eat fries with mayonnaise, it's like, the best damn thing everrrrrrrr. =D

we dont really put mayo on chips

tho i do love garlic mayonnaise with chips...

Some chips are better than others, and chips itself is okay (though it's not Belgian either) - but what's up with the vinegar and the fish? I've eaten it and it just doesn't make any sense! Why you must eat something as tasteless and unhandy as fish with it is beyond me already, but why does vinegar have to come near it? Why does vinegar have to come near anything? Every sensible person knows that the only reason of existence vinegar has is to prevent your eggs from breaking as they boil, with everything else they just destroy the taste. Why put something so sour over the salty goodness of chips? It doesn't make any sense at all, I tell you! No sense!

On a side note, crisps meant to taste like vinegar chips are the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted :heh:

Ummm, you can just ask for no vinegar. It's not like its mandatory...

Anyways, I voted chips, just cause they were losing!

Actually, a lot of people do have mayonnaise on their chips in the UK, although salt and vinegar is more a classical condiment. I just dislike mayonnaise, although a bit of seasoned mayo in a sandwich can be alright.

As for vinegar, well you don't have to have it. If it's overpowering everything else then you're either putting too much on — although some people like it that way — or using the wrong sort. A splash of balsamic vinegar is the way to go if you ask me. Use sea salt as opposed to the table stuff, too.

I've made my final decision; chips. Chips don't let you down.

My dad decided to cook everyone some home made chips which I was looking forward to but forgot to do some for me. Plus he cooked them in beef fat so its not like I could pinch any. I'm not impressed.

Mayo? Vinegar? Oh dear oh dear. Chips are quite clearly either meant to go with cheese or gravy, preferably in association with a sausage or a big pie.

Mayo? Vinegar? Oh dear oh dear. Chips are quite clearly either meant to go with cheese or gravy, preferably in association with a sausage or a big pie.

I hear you, brother! :yay:

My dad's pretty cool. Got me into the House of Commons in July to have lunch with some MPs. I guess he narrowly gets my vote...

Ummm, you can just ask for no vinegar. It's not like its mandatory...

Anyways, I voted chips, just cause they were losing!

The sheer fact that it's an option does a great injustice to the culinary dream that is chips :heh:

Anyway props to all you people eating chips with sauce.

Sign in to follow this