N-Europe

Pick a Picture

Eenuh

Alright, so for my Photography class, I have to take pictures of stuff to illustrate a short story. Now, the story is in Dutch so I can't let you guys read it (not that it really matters). We have to make a total of 20 photos and are allowed to change stuff like colour and contrast and the like to go with the atmosphere of the story (set on a cold winter day and the like).

I have most of the pictures I need already, but of a couple I have I'm not sure which one to use. So now I'm asking you talented people to help me pick the one that looks best! ='D

For some I have my own preference, but I still want to hear what you guys have to say. =3

First one: early in the morning, the clock showing that a certain person is late (he's actually dead but we don't know yet at that point).

klok1.jpg

klok2.jpg

Next is a nice cup of coffee to get the day started. And a sugar cube.

koffie1.jpg

koffie2.jpg

Now a busy train station, where people are waiting for their trains which aren't driving cause the tracks are frozen.

IMG_03713.jpg

volk2.jpg

And lastly, a rosary, which the main character receives from a man, who said the old man who died wanted him to have it.

paternoster.jpg

paternoster1.jpg

That's it (for now)! =D

Just let me know which ones you like and why you think I should use them. Thank you! =3

Thanks for the replies you two. =D

And of course I expect some more opinions from other people. ;3

Sorry for the pictures being so big though, I thought the forum would resize them but apparently not. =O

1- a) I like how it shows more of the clock, and the lighting.

2- b) The first one isn't focused in anything, and I like how the second shows

more details inside the cup.

3- a) No real reason, I just like it more.

4- b) The same.

Either way, they all look good.

Guest Stefkov

Clock - First one - Looks better with more of the clock.

Mug - Second - composition is better with the spoon in it.

Train Station - Second - less colour makes it better

Rosary - First - Looks better with all the crucifix in. Seeing all the beads, as well as being out of focus, I like it more.

1. Picture 1 - it has more of the clock and is set at a better angle

2. Picture 2 - I prefer it because there is more detail in the picture with the added spoon in the mug. .

3. Picture 2 - I prefer it because it has less colur and feels more fitting with the description.

4. I can't decide i like them both, but if i was forced picture 2.

They are all really good photographs though :D

You know you spend too much time on the computer when you recognise fonts in the real world. That font in the background of the station is called "Encino" and I first used it about 8 years ago xD

Anyway I like the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 8th pictures. Looks like you've got a very good camera, or a very steady hand :)

Thanks guys!

After counting up the votes (including some non-NE votes), I went with picture 1, picture 4, picture 5 and picture 8. =D

Also thanks for all the compliments! This is the first time I'm really doing something with photos (apart from vacation snapshots of course), so I still have a lot of room to improve. =3

Looks like you've got a very good camera, or a very steady hand :)

Heh, not sure my camera is all that great. It's a Canon PowerShot A80. Used the Macro Function on a lot of pics (the flower symbol on my camera X3 ) to get detail pics. And I really don't have a very steady hand so I often had to rest my arms on something.

Great pictures. Whats the story for?

The story is simply a short story written by some dude I don't know. And for our photography assignment, we were asked to take pictures to illustrate the story, which we will be graded on.

Alright, I almost have all the pics I need. I still need to take two (need my family to model for me but they're not here) and fiddle with some others, but again I need your guys' opinion on three pictures (this should be the last, hopefully).

The scene is a pretty dark café/pub where the main character goes for a drink on a cold day (after he finds out the trains aren't driving). The café is run by a lesbian couple and is usually filled with people from all kinds of origins, including pimps and their hookers and people playing some gambling game they invented, which includes a lot of money being lost and won.

dobbelspel1.jpg

dobbelspel2.jpg

dobbelspel3.jpg

I think I have a preference for one of these, but I want some input from you guys, cause your opinions matter! So take your pick. =D

Clock: First one. It's better aligned.

Coffee: Second one. The spoon MAKES the picture.

Train: If the story is about that specific guy then the first. Otherwise the second.

Roasry: The first even though the second is a bit clearer. The cross is the main focus so you want it there in its entirety.

Your story sounds pretty interesting!

EDIT: Out of those three, the first. I like the range of objects and it's cool how that one dice in the centre is most in focus.

My choices:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/EenuhS/klok1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/EenuhS/koffie2.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/EenuhS/IMG_03713.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/EenuhS/paternoster1.jpg

But then realised you've already done those so out of the last three the first. I just like how you've fitted all three in and the slightly off angle reflects the setting you've described.

Thanks guys!

After counting up the votes (including some non-NE votes), I went with picture 1, picture 4, picture 5 and picture 8. =D

Glad to see good taste won.

Out of the new 3, I choose the first. As they said, it looks more complete and the lighting on the central dice looks really cool.

Guest Stefkov

I'm stuck in choosing between the first and last of the gambling picture.

I love how the dice are in focus of in the first one, the colour is amazing.

But the las one I like camera angle used. If you were to focus on the die on the third one I think it would lose its charm.

I'm gonna have to say the first one because it has the chip in it.

First one it is!

And with that, this thing is now finished. I got all my 20 photos and posed them online with the story for my teacher to see. Some pictures aren't all that great, but I'm pretty happy with the overall result. =D

If you wanna check out the other pictures, you can go here (they're posted in between the text, which is in Dutch). Just click on the picture to see a bigger version. =3

http://inespee.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the help guys, it is really very much appreciated! =D

;462673"]Theres something so sinister about this one: http://bp2.blogger.com/_svyhddbqd_c/Rlrrb_5jxLI/AAAAAAAAAEc/URV8pFNKFCQ/s320/schouder.jpg

Fantastic work though.

Hehehe, my dad's not-so-very-pretty hand. XD

Was funny to get my parents to act out what I wanted; the result came out better than I had hoped cause they got bored of it quickly, resulting in only a couple of pictures taken.

Thanks for the great compliment by the way! =D

Now I just have to wait for my grades on this subject. =X