N-Europe

Show us your Houses! (Google Earth 56k?)

Guest Stefkov

Guest Stefkov

I was chatting to Letty and it came up that I wanted to see where she lived....don't think that...anyway, off to Google Earth I went and typed in the Postcode she provided. I checked my postcode and the contrast between everything in the images was just a :o moment.

First here's mine...

meinbq0.jpg

meex5.jpg

Then Letty's...

lettyin2ha3.jpg

lettyoutmh5.jpg

The size of just everything...:heh:

If you want to post yours. I just want to see where people live, what the neighbourhood is like.

Forgot to mention, I see people print screening. You can just save the image in google earth. File > Save Image

Or just Ctrl + S

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live here with my bro and my mate:

home.jpg

My parents live here and I stay here when working with my dad or in the summer using the pool and other bits:

2ndhome-1.jpg

Parents home, but me and my mates use this for a lads weekend away every year.

3rdhome.jpg

homes.jpg

Area.jpg

My hamlet, plus nesrest village, in maximum zoom (Google).

hamletvilllagefe8.jpg

In Local Live:

captureji5.jpg

Things to note:

- Top left has new houses there

- The thing I point out is a stupid horsebox. They have a different (bigger) one now

- Red bits on my house show the newish garage and conservatory. And our back garden is decking (no grass).

- I can't write with a mouse.

Do google earth update their images at all? I found my house once, I could tell it was mine because it had our no longer ours blue car in the drive, then I could tell some of the other stuff showed it was ours. I later deleted google earth, after of course tracking down a number of other people's houses. Maybe I'll reinstall it now, so I can feel part of the cool crowd :(

Do google earth update their images at all?
Google Earth's images are 2-3 years old and don't really get updated.
What satellite did Google Earth use for its images? 'Cos I got an exam on this in a few days and I'm a geek and I'm just interested really.
They will have used way more than one sattelite to cover the whole world.

I think Cube has proved my point of Live > Google :)

Well as it happens, the blue car is actually gone from my google earth house image! I made a few, with little commentaries. First one is of the Cutty Sark, because I wanted to.

cutty.jpg

highaboveme.jpg

mystreet.jpg

myhouse.jpg

House is a semidetached, hence why a bit isn't in that oblong(heh) as it isn't my house at all but my neighbours!

They will have used way more than one sattelite to cover the whole world.

Landsat 7 scans the entire surface in 15 days. To be honest I think a lot of it is Landsat ETM+, but yeah, apparantly they have used multiple image sources, including some aerial phtography.