General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the Metal Gear Solid, I have discovered that Diamond Dogs is a rad name. If I ever decide to do freelance design work, it's the name I think I'll use. Some rough initial designs for a logo (done in about half hour, including some designs not shown):

DD-01-1.jpg

Obviously it's based on a Fox, but it's still technically a dog. Will work on it some more when I get time.

And a bonus logo I designed for a friends cupcake company:

1504145_457139481086303_6680460958290010619_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
You kind of look like a bearded Michael Jackson.

Edit: Oh, I see you agree. :p

Yeah, I've never been great with faces with normal drawing (which I don't do often). Seeing as this is pretty much my first attempt at this sort of thing on a PC, it turned out better than I expected.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Woah! 6 months since someone posted something artistic?

Well, while it's nowhere near as good as the pencil drawings above...

hoopa_unbound_by_glen_i-d935a5y.png

I drew Hoopa. I drew it on Pokemon Art Academy. Because that has markers and Art Academy Atelier doesn't.

• 3 months later...

XD I can post so art now! WOO! XD these are just a few pictures off my Deviant art these won't be new to @Glen\-i but I just thought I would share some!

battle_against_02_by_ugh_first_aid-d863nug.png

hyrule_warriors_linketh_by_ugh_first_aid-d7tt2jv.jpg

beyond_the_stars_by_ugh_first_aid-d7op7y2.jpg

sylveon_by_ugh_first_aid-d7e61az.jpg

8'D I love drawing fan art...I do a lot of sketching too XD but I normally combine them into big sketch dumps. There is a lot more on my DA XD but I worried as if I might have posted too many as it is.

XD I can post so art now! WOO! XD these are just a few pictures off my Deviant art these won't be new to @Glen\-i but I just thought I would share some!

8'D I love drawing fan art...I do a lot of sketching too XD but I normally combine them into big sketch dumps. There is a lot more on my DA XD but I worried as if I might have posted too many as it is.

Some nice pieces of art there. :)

I used to enjoy drawing a lot but I haven't produced anything noteworthy recently... perhaps I'll get back into it soon.

That reminds me, in addition to traditional media - pencils, pens etc - I bought a graphics tablet a good few months ago, I must make use of it expecially as I upgraded to a new PC recently.

Some nice pieces of art there. :)

I used to enjoy drawing a lot but I haven't produced anything noteworthy recently... perhaps I'll get back into it soon.

That reminds me, in addition to traditional media - pencils, pens etc - I bought a graphics tablet a good few months ago, I must make use of it expecially as I upgraded to a new PC recently.

> w < Thank you ever so much!

^_^ I actually studied 3D Games art at uni ( 8'D my Tutor used to work at Rare and worked on Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong racing and a few other classics. ) Though i'm mostly self taught.

I actually sketch everything by hand, Then ink with a computer mouse and then finally colour with a graphics tablet!

It would be wonderful to get to see some of your art! 8D

> w < Thank you ever so much!

^_^ I actually studied 3D Games art at uni ( 8'D my Tutor used to work at Rare and worked on Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong racing and a few other classics. ) Though i'm mostly self taught.

I actually sketch everything by hand, Then ink with a computer mouse and then finally colour with a graphics tablet!

It would be wonderful to get to see some of your art! 8D

You're most welcome.

That's admirable that you studied 3D games art at University level, the fact that your tutor worked at Rare is pretty amazing too, I'm a huge Rare fan so I would have been in awe of anyone who worked on some of my favourite games! Being self-taught is a very good thing though. :)

I must at least try to get into drawing again or being creative... perhaps I'll start sketching or using some of my Art Academy software and see where it goes.

One thing I have been doing recently is gradually turning the back of my door into a mural of sorts to Rare as it happens, it's mostly just me sticking a couple of Rareware posters up that I have and "framing" them by putting loads of smaller prints from their Ultimate Play the Game days but I did make an old style Rare logo around where the door handle is; it sounds quite odd when I try to describe it but I'll try and put a picture up of it at some point, maybe when I've added more to it as it's not quite finished... but yes, aside from odd things like that I haven't actually made anything like that for a while. :heh:

Personally I only went as far as studying AS Graphics at college which I did reasonably well in but it never really seemed to lead to a job in that field, I've never forgotten what I've learned though... perhaps now would be the time to start building on it again, we shall see anyway. : peace:

• 4 months later...

I'll abuse this thread for something:

Can you learn how to draw? And if you can, how do you start? Any recommendations for tutorials/books/techniques?

My drawing skills are: I can draw a square and a cube. Anything beyond that is out of my league :D

I would imagine that just drawing anything and everything would be the best place to start. No tutorial or book is going to be a substitute for practise.

Eventually, your hands will catch up with what your brain is telling them, and your drawing will improve.