Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

Ah! I love your Psylocke, she always was one of my favorites. It's a pity she didn't get appear much on most of the x-men shows that I watched.

You did these from memory alone, right?

Psylocke is a classic fave. Appeared in my first "proper" (i.e not aimed at children Uk-produced etc) comic I read, where she's brutally savaged by Sabretooth. I loved it. I was 8.

I drew them just from my head, they weren't based on prior stoof.

I love that Colossus looks like he's been kicked in the head but doesn't care.

Yeah, it was meant to be him kinda reacting to the fact Psylocke is using his head to jump off. :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I worked on this for ages a while ago. Did an entire all-nighter like some kind of hooker to finish this. A little bit cross-eyed and dazed but surprisingly I got the job done and was fairly happy with the end result.

4733934909_b34568d2ef_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Couldn't sleep (even though I really should be) so decided to finish this drawing. First one I've done in months, due to artist's block. Nothing great, more like a doodle I guess. Inspired by Psapp's song "Tiger, My Friend".

Pencil on recycled paper, then painted with sepia and red ink and yellow and white ecoline.

tigermyfriend2.jpg

Thanks guys.

Dan, what program do you use to draw your images with? Is it something other than Photoshop, or do you use cool brushes in Photoshop? They're really nice. =)

I want to draw digitally again from time to time, but find Photoshop a bit meh when it comes to artistic brushes etc.

Thanks guys.

Dan, what program do you use to draw your images with? Is it something other than Photoshop, or do you use cool brushes in Photoshop? They're really nice. =)

I want to draw digitally again from time to time, but find Photoshop a bit meh when it comes to artistic brushes etc.

Fanks! Yeah I just use photoshop - some of the brushes can be really nice if you turn down opacity. Tend to use the pastel / chalky ones, then a few pencilly lines over the top. It's largely the texture over the top which gives the effect though.

Painter is way better for brushes and such though, but I find it generally harder to use (or more likely I'm just more used to photoshop)

I realised recently I've been using photoshop for ten years. That's nearly half my life! (you wouldn't be able to tell from my lack of skills).

Eenuh as I said on facebook: wonderful. Truly.

dan-lol-trees great stuff, really like the scond one :)

I want to learn to use Photoshop. Need to get it first though. I feel I've been deprived. I'm now no longer going to be focusing on drawing in art anymore and I never really got around to digital stuff.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

It looks like a crazy advanced website, but it's helped me a lot, they also have a 3d software version which has helped me with 3d modelling, woot.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/

It looks like a crazy advanced website, but it's helped me a lot, they also have a 3d software version which has helped me with 3d modelling, woot.

Been giving this a good look today, some pretty great stuff on there!

Searching for tutorials on Deviantart always helped me I think

Anyway, photoshop drawing binge this weekend, some more stuff

61240_10150256257000691_669125690_14906550_3825372_n.jpg

58699_10150256409790691_669125690_14911161_977950_n.jpg

Skygoafer2.jpg

I started making this for the hats thread, but I've decided to make it an ongoing thing as I'm quite liking it. I'll tidy it up a bit soon and maybe replace the gantry with something better as the one I used was low res. Shame, since I'm liking the way it fits in.

Edited by Goafer

Skies of Arcadia inspired?

It was mainly inspired by the hat to be honest. Then I thought of Biggles, naturally. Then Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Shit film, ace style). Whilst looking for pictures of sky/air ships to have in the background, I found the Skies of Arcadia island and decided to use that.

Updated with new rigging:

Skygoafernew.jpg

Next plans are to remove the cannon at the bottom left and add some wooden railing/fence type thing.

I think I'm done now.

work.5906558.3.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!