N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another two fine drawings again Letty. The first one is great. Love the eyes as they just sort of pull you into the picture. The problem with charcoal I found is that because of the colour and stuff it can make the picture look lifeless but that's not the case purely because of the way you've done the eyes. And it reminds me of someone I know and it's going to annoy me until I remember who it is.

Second one it a bit strange. It's good but the 'blood' from the mouth slightly detracts from the overall feel of the picture. Hairs done well though as is the face as a whole.

I really should get round to posting some stuff. Or actually doing some stuff. Think once the last exam is over next week I'll start something.

Illustrations for school for a short story I wrote. Only happy with the first two (I know I posted one of them before), but they asked me to try different styles and techniques so yeah...

If anyone has any advice on text placement, text colour or font, that's always welcome, as it's really not my forte, heh.

Chinese ink and coloured pencils.

snoepjes2.jpg

Again Chinese ink and coloured pencils.

koekenkast2.jpg

Oil pastels on cardboard.

stelen.jpg

Acrylics and some coloured pencils. Really don't like how the character turned out here, looked way better in the sketch versions.

snoepjesland.jpg

Some wonderful stuff. My favourite is the last, just because of the vibrancy. But the others work well within the given 'theme'. Text looks fine to me, but text has never been my thing really. But it all works :)

Some may have seen in HWYD but I made this for my housemate as we are departing ways on Saturday;

8586267.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1242253314&Signature=WU6iBGQA0NAnX%2FXGwmeGPtGlOzs%3D

Nobody does A5 frames hence the border at top/bottom. And the thing on the belly is her dog which is some odd overpriced breed.

Kinda wish I had put more effort into the non-Totoro things but I should stop nitpicking. Am happy with it :)

Heh, since I'm cheap, I didn't buy anything. You know how when you buy shoes, there's usually paper stuffed in them? That. =P

It's pretty thin and brownish. Only found it in one pair of shoes though, the other papers I found were white and very very thin, so not good enough.

Thanks for the comments by the way. ^____^

And Ashley, your picture is not showing up for me. =(

And Ashley, your picture is not showing up for me. =(

Me neither. *frowny face*

Urgh I forget twitpic doesn't let you hotlink. Swines.

Here it is:

2ms0jv7.jpg

Eenuh I love the fact you used paper from shoe stuffing, amazing :D

Aww cute drawing Ashley. I'm sure your housemate will love it. =D

And about the paper, you gotta work with what you have! And since I'm a poor student I have to find the cheapest materials. =P

I changed the typography on my drawings to have some different font sizes. Looks a bit more interesting now (will just post one).

stelen3.jpg

Also made another illustration, and scanned in one of mine that got published. =)

ontdekking.jpg

KNUFFELLENTE.jpg

Awesome pics Ine :)

I think you just have to play around with fonts and try to find one that suits the imagery or theme of the story. The font used in your sig for instance works loads better.

Thanks. =)

I actually did change them all from the versions I posted first. The newer versions look way better, and the teachers though they looked pretty good (said I was one of the few who had tried to work with typography, heh). One thing one person wasn't happy about though was the placement of text in the doorway, but meh. =P

Typography will never be my friend though. X3

Not sure if this belongs here or photography. It was made on the Game Boy Camera, but there was very little photography actually done. Mainly just positioned the stamps. So it's going here for now.

gameboycamera.jpg

As it should be:

gameboycamerasmall.jpg

I'm loving the crapness of the Game Boy Printer. May have to use this baby more often.

Have some trippy colours too:

disco.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Ok, so, a while back I was working on this flash game, it isn't finished yet, and I'm sort of abandoning it for other projects, but I'm curious what people think of it as I may go back to it at some point.

Controls:

Shift: Katana

Control (Both Command and Control Work on a Mac): Shoot

Up: Jump

Right/Left: Move

There's no way to die (the number at the top is your HP but I haven't really done a game over screen yet), and there's no way to win, as I haven't done a win screen yet. But the end of the level is that car thing.

They grey things are zombies.

Like I said, its not finished, its buggy, ect. If you're on an older system, you may want to change the quality to low, or turn the lighting effects off.

The Game

An illustration I had to make. Had to write a short story, make an illustration for one of the scenes. Then pick the same scene again but use the style of another illustrator for this one. I used the Flemish illustrator Gaudesaboos for his style, think it turned out pretty well. =)

By the way, for some reason when I upload it the colours seem to fade. No idea why that is or how to fix it, but it's supposed to be quite a bit brighter. =(

slangvogel3.png

An illustration I had to make. Had to write a short story, make an illustration for one of the scenes. Then pick the same scene again but use the style of another illustrator for this one. I used the Flemish illustrator Gaudesaboos for his style, think it turned out pretty well. =)

By the way, for some reason when I upload it the colours seem to fade. No idea why that is or how to fix it, but it's supposed to be quite a bit brighter. =(

slangvogel3.png

Still looks amazing, i bet it would look even better with more vibrance =]

Still looks amazing, i bet it would look even better with more vibrance =]

Thanks. Too bad it's not really my style, but it was fun to do. =)

And to show the difference in colour, here is a screenshot I took of the drawing set as my background.

Afbeelding1-3.png