General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnus your stuff is teh awesomes. :D

Not sure where to put this but I learnt how to make gifs and i'm super happy about it so want to show off my efforts:

This is the first Gif I made:

600full-my-profile.jpg

Had to reduce them so I could post them on Tumblr, the others so far:

tumblr_lpple9TyYR1qafqkn.gif

tumblr_lpqmh2A6Yl1qafqkn.gif

tumblr_lprfgvHwPv1qafqkn.gif

tumblr_lprwdo6Ijj1qafqkn.gif

tumblr_lpmhi1dlbN1qafqkn.gif

:grin:

Edited by Coolness Bears

I thought so too. Unless Paj! and HeroicJan have some secret 'thing'. Have you forgotten me already, Paj! ? :cry:

[i fell off my chair at the painting. It's wonderful.]

Oh I'm sorry - I always confuse the two of you. I feel shitty. I meant you. :)

They both have vaguely grey avatars/sigs, both know you/you know them (IIRC), both are Irish (I dont even know if they are. In my head they are.).

Yap. They're all, more or less, true. I don't mind much -- I've been compared to much worse people. HeroicJan seems like a lovely chap. [Don't really know him that well.]. I find it fascinating that you confuse us though. My thoughts wonder to yonder.

I appreciate the effort of posting that painting for me. :). You're so nice.

All is forgiven, Chair.

nvtj46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I started drawing again (in the past few days).

Here's Batman. I posted it in another thread but for the sake of 'I've started drawing again' period I'm including. I pretty much just ripped off Capullo. Because he rocks.

6079181695_31e56d9bb9_b.jpg

Then was just doing faces. Decided to try my hand at a little scene and ended up with this. It's weird but amuses me.

6083395162_b77db9fe86_b.jpg

And then I was reading about the Wonder Woman reboot so tried to draw her, herheadismahuusive. I tried to give her trousers so she don't look like no hoe. Nah, she rocks.

6083395712_0e2311b5f6_b.jpg

God I hate drawing hands. FFFFUUUUUU!!!

Any tips onto how I could get them onto the computer and clean them up? Is that even possible? Or a good idea. I'm clueless.

Edited by Daft

[..]

6083395712_0e2311b5f6_b.jpg

God I hate drawing hands. FFFFUUUUUU!!!

[..]

I’m afraid to ask, but while we’re at it, what is she doing with her hand? :p

(hands are difficult though, I don’t like faces either, should get back to drawing as well)

You’re Batman is nice.

I’m afraid to ask, but while we’re at it, what is she doing with her hand? :p

(hands are difficult though, I don’t like faces either, should get back to drawing as well)

You’re Batman is nice.

Her front (gammy) hand is holding her lasso, her other hand is just dangling. It's like a heroic stance...or something. :heh:

OMG HER HAND IS ANNOYING ME SO MUCH. MUST REDRAW!!

I'll try the scanning in thang, got a crappy scanner somewhere here. Cheers guys!

I think I'm okay at hands. Or fists. Hands and fists.

I love your Batman.

Re clean up - do Youtube tutorials "Preparing Comic Line Art" or something along those lines. Roughly speaking its scan in, then levels and adjust levels.

It's just a crappy version of this mofo,

bats_az_by_thegregcapullo-d3fsxeq.jpg

Her front (gammy) hand is holding her lasso, her other hand is just dangling. It's like a heroic stance...or something. :heh:

[..]

Haha, I must be the only one who sees it this way then, but if this were the caption thread, I would enter

“Wonderwoman celebrates her victory over Superman by pleasuring herself with a ringshaped sextoyâ€

Nice work, I like the Batman drawing!

For scanning, just scan it at about 300dpi or more. That's the best dpi to use, anything lower isn't really good enough if you want to work on it.

Scan the image, then in Photoshop you can go to Image>Adjustments>Levels. You will see a graph with three arrows underneath it. I usually fiddle a bit with all of them. Move the white one to the left and things will get whiter. Move the black one to the right and the lines will get darker. The grey one is for in between stuff. Change this until you get something that looks nice. I usually end up using a brush afterwards to clean up any spots that are still there.

If you want to colour the image, first make sure the drawing is a layer in itself, not set to Background (simply double click on it then press OK). Set this layer to Multiply. Everything that is white will become transparent, meaning you can colour underneath it. So just put a new layer underneath it and colour on that one. =)

For hands, I always use my own hand. If I can't do the pose, I will look up reference images online. Just work on getting the size right. But that applies to everything, getting the proportions right. Practice practice practice!

Wow, awesome. Thanks!!!

Edit: I think this is the best I'm going to do with this particular doodle,

6084246260_82113e068f_z.jpg

EDIT: WOOOOOOOWWWW, I just started inking it on paper. Looks soooo much better. Crappy phone pic in low light time,

6084383926_6ab7a7d23d_b.jpg

Left the bit under his nose for now because it makes his cowl look like a skull. :D

Edited by Daft